Oh Oh Dida

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by SoccerScout, Apr 21, 2006.

1. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    I just had this feeling that DIDA Brazil's Goalie, will fail horribly in a goal at the WC and be the next Barbosa (from the 1950 WC). I dont know why but I have this feeling that Brazil will be eliminated by a Dida failure and his name will be tarnished for life in Brazil.

I said it, 50 days before the WC.

2. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Intuição, então.

The problem is: despite anyone's feelings about him, it can really happen because Dida is in a bad shape.

3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bring in Ceni!

4. celito

celito Member+

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On tuesday against Barcelona, while Giuly's shot was very nice, Dida should have done a better job at covering the near post. Giuly didn't have much angle on that shot, and Dida's indeciseviness on the play (he came out to cut the ball and tracked back when he saw he might not make it), opened up the near side for the ball to go in. When Giuly took the shot, Dida was still stepping back to cover the angle. Small mistakes ... let's hope he improves in the World Cup.

Much credit to Ronaldinho for sending in a spetacular, perfectly placed ball.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dida has been in a terrible form as of late and I wish he were pulled for a safer option like Ceni. Dida has been having a poor Champion's League and that shouldn't bode to well with Parreira if he is actually doing his job properly..

6. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Sao Taffarel for me!

Seriously though, I hope any ewrror he makes is in a dead game during the Copa.

7. Pedro_Fut

Pedro_Fut New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Interesting comment. Remember that Taffarel was in a worse form previous the 94 WC than Dida is now... and in 98 he was really terrible, with a very bad period in Atletico Mineiro if I remember well. And we all know how he performed in those WC.

8. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    ...and he is still only 39.

9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    OK, the first post was funny, cute, etc. This one is scary - I'm afraid you want me to take the suggestion to play Taffarel seriously.

Maybe if he were playing in a top league though...

:D

10. Pedro_Fut

Pedro_Fut New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Hey, my post was to defend Dida in our goal of course.

11. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can't believe people are still blaming Barbosa, one of the greatest goalkeepers in the history of the selecao, for something that he could not possibly have avoided. Classic scapegoating.

12. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I want Nike to add 1950 to their set of Brazil collections so I can have a Barbosa t-shirt or something like that.

13. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    If today is any indication of him regaining his form....MOM for Milan, no doubt.

I believe in Dida.

14. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    We will ALL believe in him if he is like he was tonight durung the Copa, MAS.............

Still my number one and it was good for the coracao to see him in great form tonight.

15. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What a great game by Dida. I hope this is the turning point in this spate of bad form... he's Brasil's best active goalkeeper IMO.

16. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    i never doubted dida! i am a barca fan but i was hoping that dida will have a great game which he did! so i win both ways! and this will quiet the critics just a little! he deserves to start in the world cup!