Oh Mendy! You Came To Madrid & Stopped Our Defense From Shaking - Welcome Ferland!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That depends on Perez pulling his finger and chequebook out, let’s hope so, we desperately need a complete ready-to-go forward.

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No one is coming if they are not gonna play...same reason why Kyllian didn't come

3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Long may he reign.

I hope he's here for 10+ years.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Anon. and 3 others repped this.
  4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You're going to give some high blood pressure saying stuff like this lol.

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mendy was much better offensively in the second half than he ever played for us.

Many years ago, I read an article comparing Marcelo and Roberto Carlos. The writer called Marceloa a "playmaker back". I have never heard of the term ever again. Besides providing width, Marcelo enjoys holding the ball and playmake. He can "dribble" around the defenders when he attacks. I can imagine him playing futsal. On the other hand, Roberto Carlos completely dominated the left flank. He had the horsepower, the combination speed and power. When he attacked, he ran over the defenders liked a bulldozer. He could run back 10 yards and shut down the attackers.

Mendy reminded me of Roberto Carlos, but i do not want to overate him at this point. No one can easily be compared to Roberto Carlos. He simply played the entire left flank by himself. Zidane was the left midfielder when he was played here, and we knew that Zidane played centrally. They are the same type as compared to Marcelo or Dani on the right side. Mendy is more powerful than Dani, who was more of a wingback than Marcelo. Mendy also reminded me of Maicon, formerly of Inter Milan.

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Which means we should be trusting him more with his recommendations. Doesn't mean give him everything he asks for, but I'd put his recommendations at the top of the list.

Deep Pal, FigoIsGod and Digital repped this.
  7. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, Mendy has been a great addition. Just what we needed to shore up that left side defensively. Guy is solid as a rock.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and Digital repped this.
  8. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Pogba... *tear*

9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Mendy is 1 yellow away from suspension.

Our next 3 Liga games:
    Celta
    Levante
    Barcelona

The media is speculating whether Mendy should force the yellow vs Celta to ensure he doesn’t get suspended for the Clasico

Lyra repped this.
  10. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I think we are good with Marcelo against Celta. Levante at their home is a very tough game though.

Anon. and Zidane05 repped this.
  11. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For me he has to miss the Levante match even if I'm not that enthusiastic about Marcelo being on the field. We need all hands on deck against Barca.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  12. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I mean I guess it would be Marcelo as it would seem some kind of sleight if it wasn’t, but of course it doesn’t “have” to be, Nacho is more than capable of playing that LB role, he may have made some mistakes too vs Real but sadly I have to say I trust him more defensively than Marcelo right now

ZZ, if he makes the choice, will of course play Marcelo ( at least I think so) and who am I to question his decisions but if it was left up to me I’d play Nacho first, Marcelo has been a pillar of our team for years and is a fantastic player going forward, I love him as a player, but now it’s time to put team before sentiment, at least that’s what I think.

13. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Nacho has always been better at LB than RB. Strangely enough it's his best position imo.

CivilProtection repped this.
  14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    We now have a dilemma on our hands, Levante are going to tough to beat at home and they can be pretty deadly on the counter so a Marcelo start could potentially be a disaster but if Mendy gets booked he misses the Clasico.

Prit Javier repped this.
  15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Terminate reguilon loan and recall him

Prit Javier and Drouchk repped this.
  16. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    :ROFLMAO:, if only.

17. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I have no idea why we let him go in the first place we knew there was a big risk Marcelo last season.

18. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane wanted to revive him like he did with Kroos etc.

Prit Javier repped this.
  19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they are a bit different. I feel like Zizou knew Marcelo couldn’t be revived completely, more like he respects what he has done for the club and wanted him to leave on a better note. Otherwise he wouldn’t have brought in Mendy at such a high price. But Marcelo’s performances thus far indicate even a backup role may have been asking too much.

J-Mezzy, PigBenis, Saeta Rubia and 4 others repped this.
  20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Marcelo should go to Italy next season. He can easily squeeze out 2-3 more seasons with a team like Juventus

J-Mezzy, Lyra, PigBenis and 5 others repped this.
  21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still don’t understand what Zidane was thinking by not starting Mendy last match to get the yellow? On paper I understand that Levante are tougher, but we knew Celta had been playing better going into the last match. If he gets a yellow in the Levante match we are all gonna be livid.

22. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe he expected Celta to bunker and thought Marcelos creativity could help.

Marcelo is not like A Cole or Dani Alves who had 3 lungs and could run run run for days even at their old age. Even at his peak he was a lazy defender so I dont expect him to last too long here, at least not as a FB.

23. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yvan Le Mée, Ferland's agent:
    “Barcelona, Inter and Juventus wanted him but Zidane did so more strongly and now Real Madrid defense is better with him.”

Thanks Zizou for our new beast.

J-Mezzy, Doni, Saeta Rubia and 10 others repped this.
  24. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    What a goal today! Reminded me of prime Totenham Gareth Bale type of move....pace, power and precise left foot.

25. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Think about how good this kid is already & he’s not even close to his peak yet.

The sky is the limit for him! He’s already one of my favorites.

RMrules and J-Mezzy repped this.