Oh Hyeon-gyu, Yang Hyun-Jun & Kwon Hyeok-Kyu @ Celtic FC 2022-2023 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Bluewings21, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Yep. I was at my Korean class. What a nice present.

2. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    Seems to fit in with the squad which is great considering he was an addition mid season. If Kyogo leaves this summer and Ange stays as manager, I see him scoring a bunch of goals for Celtic. Really hoping he shows out in Champions League

seolseol repped this.
  3. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I know Kyogo is his competition on paper, but I'd rather the two of them played as a striker duo. They both have a willingness to work for the team and give their all, which is necessary to beat higher-level teams.

4. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh; def more of an old school SPL "willing to get stuck-in" striker. Agree, they each offer something diff and would be deadly as a 2-man strike force.

Where has interest for Kyogo come from if anyone knows?

5. CaliforniaSoccerDad

Mar 29, 2022
    California
    Just watched the highlights. He's got a knack for goals. He seems goal hungry. I like it.

Testator and seolseol repped this.
  6. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Union Berlin are rumored to be interested. Seeing how Juranović was sold to them cheaply, a big price tag must be put up on Kyogo. Yes, he'd fit them well, but we have our own CL/EL plans.

Kanuck repped this.
  7. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    It’s said that Crystal Palace have been keeping tabs on Kyogo. With Zaha leaving on a free, and not gaining any transfer money from Zaha, Palace is probably gonna find a cheap replacement who has a nose for goal.

Kanuck repped this.
  8. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Congrats Hyeon-gyu.

Testator repped this.
  9. poebae

poebae Member

Juventus
    South Korea
    Feb 1, 2007
    Sydney
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  10. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    #86 LeeSeungWoo, Jul 17, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
    lmao.

Reminds me of LCS saying "I will do my best here and become the best player to go to Real Madrid".

seolseol and kimchipride repped this.
  11. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    That is sad. What a dunce.

12. Darkvoid531

Darkvoid531 Member

Bayern München
    South Korea
    May 9, 2023
    Need to have these K-League teams train their players in PR. Especially when they are trying to attract transfers from Europe.

BTW I know Yang Hyun Jun, but is this guy even worth it for Celtic? Really hope he isn't some flop to be transported alongside YHJ for shirt sales.

13. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Kid is confident. It has not been taken badly by most Celtic supporters. Currently, our main RB is injured and will miss the start of the season. Not sure if the second RB is fit. The only typical DM (Iwata) can play RB very well, and is likely to go cover there, leaving the DM spot empty. This is why Kwon was brought. Another reason is that Rangers have been stacking their squad with tall players, and we may need a few more tall players to defend against crosses.

(Moderator: will this thread be merged with the OHG one, since it's simpler to discuss every Korean at Celtic in one place?)

Darkvoid531 repped this.
  14. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    It's official. Yang has also been announced.

15. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What to expect from these 2 new signings?

16. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Yang will play a lot early on, because two other wingers are injured, and one other doesn't look that great on the wing (better as AMC maybe). Kwon might be in a more difficult position, but the other defensive midfielder (Iwata) will have to play RB because one of those is also injured.

seolseol repped this.
  17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    should we condense Celtic thread for all 3?

18. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I think it would be a good idea.

LeeSeungWoo and seolseol repped this.
  19. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Played some 40-ish minutes, and looked strong. Yang tried a lot, but was the victim of a biased ref. Had a great pass for Oh, but the linesman raised the flag- I've no idea if the offside was real.

20. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    Just watched the friendly against Wolves. Kwon came on around the 60th minute. Played pretty good. Was good with the ball, but would like more urgency tracking back. Made one good tackle, but defensively would like to see more aggression to winning back possession. But maybe Brendan Roger’s second half tactic would of made that hard. Celtic were allowing Wolves to have more of the possession when the Celtic trio came on. Kwon definitely had the best game out of the three. Yang was kind of a letdown and Oh couldn’t do much because the way Celtic played at the latter part of the game. Also if possible, instead of having 3 individual threads for the Celtic players it would be nice have just one uniformed thread for all three guys.

Testator repped this.
  21. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Kwon was roughly fouled once (or was it Yang?), and that Wolves player felt what Korean revenge was like when Kwon smashed into his back. Celtic fans absolutely loved this.:D Our players are generally nice guys.

k_c_n_y_t repped this.
  22. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    I remember Kwon proclaimed a Wolves player elbowed him after that one good tackle I mentioned earlier. Both Yang and Kwon were fouled a bit. As happy as I am for Yang moving to Europe I’m happier for Kwon. Because again he played better and we really need a CDM in the national team picture. Hopefully Brendan Rogers liked what he saw from him. I don’t think him and McGregor are a bad partnership in the double pivot. Until the starting rb returns from injury Tomoki can slot in there. Considering he played all game I’m assuming Brendan wants him to adapt to playing in that position

23. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    It seems both primary RB-s are injured. Iwata can certainly play as a RB without problems due to his experience there while he was in Japan, but this scenario is dangerous in games when we need a destroyer and Iwata is busy at RB. A vengeful, tall CDM with military background will not exactly be what Rangers want to see.

Even though he might not start CL games right away, he'll be brought in to close them down in case of a result worth keeping. Or, who knows? It's certain Rodgers can't naively play McGregor as a CDM. Ange realized this too, but left before he could try Iwata out in Europe.

Now, the hunt for a good left back and GK continues. Would be nice if K-League had some...

24. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Played great in the second half of the friendly against Athletic Bilbao. Had an assist, and impressed with his passing. Yang did well too, but not Kwon.