Oh, Heather Mitts....

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Marchetti, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Damn, she hot.

2. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Wow, you're smart.

3. Socceroo

Socceroo New Member

Aug 15, 1999
    CA
    I agree. She is a very good soccer player!

--Socceroo

4. RUUDVN

RUUDVN BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2004
    NYC
    Sorry, not my type. ;)

5. wadejackson1

wadejackson1 Member

Mar 11, 2001
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Just a little eye candy....

Enjoy.

6. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No. Finch is hot, but Heather Mitts..... ah.

8. hockeyrules

hockeyrules Member

Oct 4, 2003
    Oh, Heather Mitts....

The Anna Kournikova of soccer.

Pretty loser.

9. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    How are either one of them "losers"?

Anna has won multiple Grand Slam tennis doubles titles, and Heather Mitts has an Olympic Gold Medal.

10. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    doubles titles? whoopty doo

11. Irish_2

Irish_2 New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    An Olympic gold medal for being a glorified bench wamer. Wonderful accomplishment.

12. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Jenny Finch is an ugly tramp. Mitts is 10 times better looking.

Hopefully Finch has a makeup deal or she probably goes broke once a month buying all that makeup to plaster on her face.

13. Elroy

Elroy New Member

Jul 26, 2001
    And you've won Wimbledon?

14. Elroy

Elroy New Member

Jul 26, 2001
    What is your Olympic gold medal in, nose picking? She made the team, she played; that's at least pretty good in my book.

15. yophilly

yophilly New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Heather also won a ncaa champ too i guess there are some who just can't get over her looks.

16. Irish_2

Irish_2 New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Nope.

17. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    Yeah...why should doubles count? Nobody cares about that. I mean, they don't show it on Sportscenter. And Heather Mitts? She plays soccer! Whoopty do there, too. I mean, who cares about soccer?

18. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Don't make such stupid comments about someone you seem to know very little about. Heather Mitts has been a winner all her life. State Champion in Ohio, NCAA Champion at Florida, US Olympic Champion. I don't consider anyone making the Olympic Team and not being a regular starter a "glorified benchwarmer". She and others made the Olympic Team among tens of athletes from the national pool, through months of vigorous training and exhibition games. And she is young and talented and I believe will get her chance to be regular started. And I can't see how being beautiful and a good athlete and soccer player can be bad for women's soccer around the world and if men watch more of the women's game because they enjoy watching her play, it's all good.

19. suncraver03

suncraver03 New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My problem with Mitts isn't that she isn't a good soccer player. Yes, she won in high school, she won at Florida (with Wambach and Fotopoulos), and she was an Olympian. I'm not saying that she doesn't put in the work or the effort. My problem is exactly what some of the posts in this thread are all about...her "hotness" factor. The various factors that go into promoting womens' sports shouldn't always come down to whether or not the athlete is attractive to men. She is not any better than some of the other players that were brought in to camp. In fact, I think that she was a lot worse. But she kept getting the caps, and kept getting taken to school. I'm not saying she's not tough and she doesn't play hard. It's just not right to give her an advantage just because she pulls in straight men.

20. yophilly

yophilly New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Sorry the reason Heather get all this hate stuff is because of her looks it the other way around she a good player and nobody see it because of her looks.It's about time we start to see that

21. Elroy

Elroy New Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Let's see, club championships, high school championships, college championships, and now Olympic championship. For being such a bad player, she certainly has made a lot of very good teams. Do you really think that she's fooled that many coaches without any talent at all? You are welcome to your opinion, but it seems that a lot of people whose job it is to pick talent disagree with you on this.

I'm not particularly fond of the hype over her good looks, but it is their right as much as your opinion is yours. But to say that anyone's inclusion on the team is based upon their appeal to some demographic is just silly.

If significantly better defenders come along, I imagine that she'll be replaced. Until then, just live with it.

22. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude,your **********ed up! That girl is fine. She's thick too. She's well put together.

23. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Jennie Finch, especially compared to Heather Mitts, is an ugly tramp. Heather is just hot, period.

24. 6thMan

6thMan New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Stop it. ENOUGH ABOUT THE NEXT SAVIOUR! WHEN ARE YOU PEOPLE GOING TO GET A LIFE?

25. speedoblobb

speedoblobb New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    CHAPEL HILL
    The Heather that should be talked about is THE O'REILLY FACTOR. She is so much the most fun to watch offensive player in the country i.m.h.o.