Offseason transfer rumors

Discussion in 'Everton' started by mischaDCU, Mar 6, 2006.

1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Cahill to ManU for 10 mil pounds. :D

No seriously, how much do you rate him...I have him around 6.5 mil pounds

2. Aussie_Man_Utd

Aussie_Man_Utd New Member

Jun 7, 2006
    I'm an Aussie who's a Man Utd supporter, but I think we don't need Tim. He's actually sort of a striker, the way he plays. I think he could be worth around 7 million pounds, it depends what the market is like now. If he has a good World Cup he could shoot up. Those 2 goals certainly made his value go up considerably. How much did you guys sign him for again?

3. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    it was one of those undisclosed ones I think, but its meant o be in the region of 2mill pounds

4. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
  5. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I'd hold out for a mio pounds...

6. Aussie_Man_Utd

Aussie_Man_Utd New Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Emerton to Everton

Emerton poised to sign for Everton

SOCCEROOS utility Brett Emerton is believed to be on the verge of joining fellow international Tim Cahill at Premier League side Everton.

Although Emerton has two years remaining on his contract with Blackburn Rovers, he spent large periods of last season on the bench, losing his spot to David Bentley as Rovers completed one of their most successful seasons in a decade.

7. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Re: Emerton to Everton

Knowing Everton's luck, this could well be true.

8. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    Re: Emerton to Everton

Now that we've got the goalkeeper situation covered, the striker situation covered, and the defense situation (almost) covered, I think we should bring in young midfielders as cover. Not Emerton. He's 26, and we're above picking up Blackburn Rovers' scrap.

9. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
  10. zico1810

zico1810 New Member

Jun 18, 2006
  11. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
  12. runnerglyn

runnerglyn New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    RUNCORN ENGLAND
    TRYING TO FIND ANY BLUES IN NYC AS WE NEED A COUPLE OF SPARE ROOMS IN NOV FOR THE NYC MARATHON WE ARE OVER FOR 3 DAYS FROM THE 3RD ONWARDS POST BACK OR EMAIL IF YOU OR ANY OTHER BLUES IN NYC CAN HELP OR IF YOU ARE AWARE OF ANY PUBS WITH ROOMS
    THANKS AGAIN
    GLYN DAVIES(RUNNERMAN)
    FOREVER EVERTON.........

13. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    Don't Type In All Caps Or In Run On Sentences It Makes Me Angry And You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry Since You're An Evertonian I Won't Go To Town On You But Come On Seriously And What Does The Quote Have To Do With Your Message Am I Missing Something Or Are They Completely Separate And It Is Just Trying To Give Your Offtopic Message Some Merit I Like Pizza Whatever It Is This Is A Transfer Rumors Thread And Unless David Moyes Is Running The New York Marathon To Scout Talent I'm Pretty Sure This Post Doesn't Belong Here Next Time Just Start A New Thread Or Something Speaking Of Which I Keep Hearing That We're Going To Sign Joey Barton From Manchester City Would He Be A Good Signing I Heard He Has An Attitude Problem Or Something But Then Again Lescott Mixes It Up With Gangstas Every Now And Again And Get His Kneecaps Smashed In

14. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Drunken posting...always the best.

15. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    Seriously, would Joey Barton be a good signing? Is he more of an offensive or defensive midfielder? I honestly don't know much about him.

16. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think he's a holding midfielder. He'd be great...

17. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    Ok, but didn't he have some big bust-up or something at Man City? Moyes likes to go for the 'team player' type.

18. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    Didn't Barton have some incident with an Everton fan in a pre-season match that resulted in disciplinary action? That may not endear him to the fan base...

But I do think he's a very good player.

19. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    No ********ing way in hell do I want that criminal on my team. Not even if he was better than Ronaldinho.

20. DonnieDarko

DonnieDarko New Member

Feb 11, 2006
    A Tangent Universe
    I read somewhere Everton were interested in Clint Dempsey. Do you guys think he is worth a punt in the prem?

21. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    He had a good World Cup, but I'm not sure he's ready to make the leap. He should come to Europe though - maybe start in a smaller league or in the Championship.

22. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Brett Emerton had a very good World Cup, but I'd hardly think Everton would want someone like him. There's rumours that Milan are interested, although God knows why...

23. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Maybe they're preparing for life in Serie B :rolleyes:

24. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I gotta say pass. He's a decent player, but I can't imagine him being even better than Osman. :eek: