Offseason In's and Out's

Discussion in 'Leeds' started by mellon002, May 9, 2007.

1. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
  2. TheYank

TheYank New Member

May 3, 2005
    Manhattan, KS
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heard that Healy could be headed to Fulham with Sanchez taking over.

3. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If Rangers don't get him first.

4. geg124

geg124 New Member

Sep 9, 2006
    6 or 7 people have been told they can go. Sam Hird, Neil Sullivan, Ian Moore, Robbie Elliot, Stephen Crainey, Hayden Foxe, and there will be mroe to follow no doubt.

We have offered new deals to youngers Gavin Rothery, Ben Parker and Scott Gardener. Tomi Ameobi is also hovering around looking for a new deal. I'm excited about Parker and Rothery (was showing so much promise before injury) Gardner has been a regular for the Reserves and should provide cover and Ameobi is one for the future.

As for the Future ov Beckford i do not know. I would like him to stay anyway. He proved he can deliver goals in league one with Scunthorpe, so why couldnt he do it for us??
    But he has said he would like to join Scunthorpe so why try to keep him here if eh dosent want to be. Let him go and get as much more as we can for him if he dosent want to be here but i would like him here next season.

Healy is a man who will definetly leave. Probably to Fulham now with Sanchez there but Spanish clubs Osasuna and Real Mallorca are interested in him and have said he is available at £2.5m which seems like a bargain price to them

As for the in's this season. We have got 2 or 3 youngsters on trial at the moment, Jamie Mullan is the only name that comes to my head, a young winger who Man Utd released. We cannot so anything until the administraion thing is sorted out anyway, here to waiting

5. SocrStopr13

SocrStopr13 Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Whats the latest on Eddie Lewis?

6. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    He said he definately wants to stay, and is waiting until Leeds come out of administration for a contract to be agreed. He's played in both friendlies so far (check out the match reports thread in the other divisions thread)

Robbie Blake has joined Burnley for an initial £250,000 rising to £500,000 depending on appearances

David Healy has completed a £1.5million move to Fulham

We currently have four trialists- my initial impressions from watching the two friendlies
    David Prutton (mid Nottingham Forest)- could be okay, seems lazy but hopefully its just pre-season

Leon Constantine (str Port Vale)- Somehow contrived to score 16 goals in L1 last season but how just escapes me. Absolute f*cking rubbish.

Danny Gay (keeper, non league) Very average, hope we get Ankergren back.

Nick Hamann (keeper, Chelsea)- Just not very good Im afraid.