Official Wisla Krakow Thread v2.0 [R]

Discussion in 'Poland' started by johnmatrix, Jun 14, 2009.

1. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HT 0-0

some thoughts. i must say this has been the best away support of the term, by far, and has been the best it has been for a while, i am happy to see that. as for Chavez, i think he looks a lot smoother out there than Bunoza, that is a relief to finally have some what of a CB partnership in the making with Cleber and Chavez while Bunoza learns more. also i thought is was funny, only Cleber can earn a free kick after committing a blatant handball in the attack end of the pitch hahaha. as for the scoring chances, both sides have pretty much been neutralized in the midfield. no side has had really any significant chances. maybe some creativity needs to be added to the mix, OR another CM to help overpower the balance box-to-box. we shall see what Maaskant does, this match may end up 0-0 or 1-0 (for who, i do not know, hopefully us), i do not expect more than that

2. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    only 2 poles play for the team the rest are foreigners, we shall see, they didn't impress me the first half.

3. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    only 2 poles? can you count? :p

1-Pawelek
    2-Sobolewski
    3-Wilk
    4-Zurawski
    5-Pawel Brozek

personally, in years past i could see this as a problem. but the quality of play and effort is not their in the polish players. plus the development is utter shit, it is piss poor. look at where Lobodzinski and Gargula are, reserve players :p Cupial already splashed cash on Polish players that have put zero effort and commitment in. do you remember Dawidowski years back? the list goes on and on. personally, i do not mind if they play a bunch of foreigners. there is not that passion anymore, everyone plays for money it seems. the polish players that are good enough to make a difference want to move on to bigger, better clubs in europe that also pay more. and the polish players that lack ambition, they stay in ekstraklasa and collect paychecks without any effort really. so pick your poison :p unfortunately, the only player for us that is polish that is remotely close is Malecki, but we all saw the shit he pulled this summer deciding when he would, and would not play. so he is starting to fall into that lack of ambition group, which sort of contradicts his actions considering he is one of the few fighters out there.

i really do not know how to fix the problems, cupial has tried just about everything the last handful of years. i am done with suggestions, i do know this... wisla used to be feared in ekstraklasa, the last 2 years, and the beginning of this one, they are not feared. it will take a hard of hard work, time, and effort for this to come back. but i see it no where soon

ALSO

FT 1-1

Chavez and Pawelek messed up leading to GKS. Pawel was brought down in box, Boguski bagged the penalty. and that was it

4. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Like selling best players and buying some trash instead?

5. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that is exactly what it turned out to be, but with injury prone guys like Gargula and Dawidowski, it does not help any... but the overwhelming majority have been crap. Marcelo was a great find, i think Diaz and Cleber were solid. but yes, sadly the "replacement" talent was not scouted/invested in properly... especially when we has chances to land RLewandowski and i believe Majewski was another one

6. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

offtopic: hey BMike what's happening to Bayern Munich?

7. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha, i have no idea... it is a day and night difference. same manager, same players for the most part. yea, the excuse that Robben is out, or Ribery is banged up, etc... but fact of the matter is, they are not playing like they did last year. usually when a club can keep the manager, players, etc, they usually build to become even better than they were before. but for some reason, this is happening. they lack confidence, which is odd how fragile it is compared to how high it was last year :p and also their style of play, they seem to push up or counter less, and are more of a retention team for the time being. i think part of that is, players were rallying around Olic and Robben last year, whereas this year they seem to be rallying around Schweinsteiger after his performances this past year, especially the world cup. and well, Schweinsteiger is not a creative player, but a retention type. yes Muller has been pretty great so far, but he has the ability to disappear. i think if Bayern can stay in the thick of things, they will have a chance to pull it out in the spring. personally, i have a feeling Dortmund will win the league this year, but there is plenty of time for all of the clubs in the bundesliga to prove me right/wrong

8. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. CIENCIANO CAMPEON

CIENCIANO CAMPEON New Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Oakland , Cali
    I am in the USA and I have some brand new authentic umbro Wisla Krakow jerseys from a couple of seasons ago that im trying to sell if anyone is interested. sizes L and XL
    dankind17@hotmail.com

10. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wisla transfers:

Nourdin Boukhari (P - Kasımpaşa SK), Serge Branco (O - APÓ Levadiakós), Daniel Brud (P - zespół ME), Gordan Bunoza (O - NK Karlovac), Osman Chávez (O - CD Platense (Puerto Cortés)), Erik Čikoš (O - MFK Petržalka), Łukasz Jarosiński (B - zespół ME), Milan Jovanić (B - FK Spartak (Subotica)), Mateusz Kowalski (O - Piast Gliwice), Dragan Paljić (O - 1.FC Kaiserslautern), Andrés Ríos (N - CA River Plate (Buenos Aires)), Cezary Wilk (P - Korona Kielce), Maciej Żurawski (N - AS Omónia Lefkossías)

11. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4 marca 2011, 20:00 - Kraków (Stadion Miejski)
    Wisła Kraków 3-1 Ruch Chorzów
    Andraž Kirm 17, Tomáš Jirsák 50, Maor Melikson 80 - Wojciech Grzyb 49

13. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wisla Krakow win 13th league title in history...Champions 2010/2011.

14. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Even the fans started to cheer for their team throught the second half of derby against Cracovia. Few words from the 'face' of present Wisła, Patryk Małecki (take him to NT finally Smucker!):
    "To win the championship in a derby game is - for such a person as me - is wonderful thing.
    (about Cracovia fans) I know they hate me and they have good reasons for that (...) (about Cracovia and their struggle in relegation battle) I don't care about Cracovia at all."
    Of course he said some racial slurs towards Saidi Ntibazonkiza soon after the start of the game. 100% him. But still: congratulations for the trophy!

15. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Congrats to BMike and the rest!!

16. Lewkon

Lewkon New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    Wisla Kraków SSA
  17. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cool thanks for the update.

18. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    CONGRATZ! Good work!

19. kapur

kapur New Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  20. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Just heard "Jeszcze jeden!" after Podbeskidzie scored :D That stupid Dutchman's days in Kraków are finally coming to an end. Lately he 'clashed with polish beaurocracy' when he wanted to give his son three names. You must try very hard to show this level of stupidity.

21. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    AWESOME! Congrats to Wisla!