OFFICIAL: Ventura County FC aka LA Galaxy II 2024 Season

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Benny Dargle, Jan 5, 2024.

1. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
  2. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Klein just got a second yellow and is ejected. I like his hustle, trying to keep a ball in while the LAFC defender was shielding it out, but that was definitely a dangerous tackle.

3. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    VC needs Miguel Berry over there

4. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    FINAL: LAFC2 2 - VCFC 1

Could definitely have used their senior team regulars (Perez, Vivi, and Cuevas), but VCFC had its chances and just couldn't put them away.

ProudNatRN, TrickHog and El Futbolisimo repped this.
  5. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On that line of thought, LAFC2 did have more senior players out there (Segura, Ordaz, Angel, Duenas)

great that Neal got some minutes.

skydog, TrickHog and Benny Dargle repped this.
  6. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    This game was more of a testament of how some first team players are important to this team, Pérez and Vivi being the obvious ones.

Essengue keeps impressing me, but Ferkranus showed why nobody seems to trust him in this club : he had a couple of complete brain farts leading to dangerous situations. It has always been the case with Marcus and he doesn't seem able to erase them.

I was not impressed with LB Carlos Diaz, a former LAFC Academy player. But the worst performance came from Carson Klein, who was absolutely garbage on attack and got a red card after a clumsy and unnecessary challenge at the end of the game.

Aaron Bibout scored a beautiful goal but it's so strange how he's capable to do amazing things (mainly because of his physical abilities) and miss the easy ones. When you watch highlights of him you can only be impressed but you miss all the fustrating plays he's generating. He's young but I have my doubts on what he can do at a higher level.

Speaking of that, I will keep an eye on LAFC Luis Muller, who was absolutely magic yesterday. Maybe the fact he was older than anyone else (he's 23) helped, but what a game : a free kick goal, an assist after a beautiful solo run, and he could have had a couple more.

skydog, mbar, ProudNatRN and 2 others repped this.
  7. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    #107 Benny Dargle, Apr 20, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    Last game at DHSP Track and Field stadium starting

Neal and Ferkranus starting at center back. Harbor Miller at right back. No Cuevas or Perez, but Vivi and Bibout are starting

It will be interesting to see how Neal does with a full start and under normal formation etc. Last game, he came on for about 20-30 minutes, but the Galaxy were chasing the game and Neal didn't have to do that much in what amounted to a 3 man back line. Even then, he still looked a bit rusty.

ProudNatRN and TrickHog repped this.
  8. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Ferkranus gets a yellow on a breakaway in the 3rd minute. Not an ideal start

TrickHog repped this.
  9. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Half: VCFC 0 - SKC2 0

Both teams had some chances, but couldn’t covert. Vivi is getting past his man and to the end line, but Benny Feilhaber’s defense is doing a good job guarding against the cutback to Bibout in the box.

Neil looks his calm and composed self and has cut out some chances with good positioning.

Geneva, TrickHog and LEM-LAG repped this.
  10. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Great first half performance from Neal, who didn't put a foot wrong. He's still very good at reading the game.

TrickHog and Benny Dargle repped this.
  11. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Once again, I can't get the game on Apple TV+ despite being a MLS subscriber on an annual pass.

Thanks for the update. I guess I can get the highlights on Youtube.

TrickHog repped this.
  12. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Are you seeing the game option and being told it’s not part of your subscription or just not seeing it as an option? If the latter, keep scrolling down because it is pretty far down on the rows of options.

TrickHog repped this.
  13. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Galaxy
    United States
    Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    #113 73Bruin, Apr 20, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    Edit: Interesting I rebooted my Roku and it worked. Just in time to see SKC score.

For the record, I found the option on the MLS Soccer Page of Apple TV+ on my Roku - I got the following error multiple times when I clicked on the VCFC SKC game which is absurd since I had to have a working Internet connection to get to this point.

Video Not Available
    There's a problem loading this video.
    If this continues, check your internet connection.​

TrickHog repped this.
  14. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Neal play beyond the planned 45?

TrickHog repped this.
  15. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    No. Neal was replaced at halftime.

FINAL: VCFC 1 - SKC 1

Essengue scored to tie it up in stoppage time! I didn’t know he had that kind of shot in his tool box!!

Geneva and mbar repped this.
  16. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Great finish from Essengue and another solid showing from him. Riley Dalgado had another good game, his body is not impressive at all but like Neal he knows how to anticipate the next play, and his first touch is golden. Both Essengue and Dalgado have made some huge leaps from last season.

Offense struggled a little bit in this game. Gino Vivi was not sharp as usual, Ruben Ramos Jr. is still learning to be more involved, and Sean Karani's finishing has not been that impressive.

Too bad the first team midfield is crowded with excellent players, because Tucker Lepley is an absolute monster.

hav77, skydog, mbar and 3 others repped this.
  17. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    No Neal in the lineup. Maybe some minutes for the first team tomorrow.

TrickHog repped this.
  18. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I wasn’t able to watch this one, but VCFC wins it in PKs

Bibout scored and played the full 90, so he’s not going to be available tomorrow. Perez should be since he was not in the 18. Neither was Neal, who is likely playing or at least in the bench for the senior team

hav77 repped this.
  19. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Did you mean to post this in the Roster thread? I was waiting for you to ask about whether VCFC’s Bibout or maybe Ruben Ramos could be helpful (and I was going to say not yet on the latter and probably not that much different than Berry, but with more upside, on the former).

skydog repped this.
  20. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Oops!!

21. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Can you move this post to the Roster thread, Trickhog?

22. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moved. Here we can discuss if any Los Dos players are better options than Berry. Is Bibout on a first team contract and available?

23. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Bibout is on a first team contract and he is available in the sense of being healthy (he scored in the last game). I think he would require an international spot, though, unless he has gotten a green card. Reality is that he probably wouldn't be much better than Berry at this point and might be worse in the sense that Berry is probably better in holdup play and hustle to defend up top.

hav77, LEM-LAG, 73Bruin and 2 others repped this.
  24. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    TrickHog repped this.
  25. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    1-0 loss at Minnesota last Sunday. I just finished to watch the replay, and it was a deserved loss. Our front four looked off and out of sync. I think I said some nice things about Sean Karani at the beginning of the season, I was probably wrong. Karani has looked bad during the last couple of games, and it was more of the same against Minnesota : he can't pass and doesn't seem to know he can pass, he likes to run through the opposite defenders and ultimately lose the ball. He's just a turnover machine.

Ruben Ramos Jr. had a couple of chances but could have done better with his finishing. I'm not worried at all, he's growing, but I thought he would be a little bit more mature here. Tucker Lepley had his worst game of the season and still was one of our top 3 player, the others being Axel Essengue and Riley Dalgado. I'm amazed how both players have improved so much since last year, especially Essengue. He was as clean with his interventions and with the ball as he ever has been.

It worth noting that on Minnesota's goal, who came at the 92nd minute, both subs Max Middleby and Carson Klein were completely burned and looked way too passive.