Official U.S. Soccer web torrents thread, Part 6.0

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by babytiger2001, Feb 5, 2008.

1. EXboxur

EXboxur New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Sorry to hear that the site went down. I've got:

World Cup 2002:
    US v Portugal
    US v South Korea
    US v Poland
    US v Mexico
    US v Germany

World Cup 1998:
    US v Yugoslavia
    US v Iran
    US v Germany

World Cup 1994:
    US v Brazil
    US v Romania
    US v Colombia

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

2. ianai

ianai Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Hampton, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn. I just lost a drive with basically everything I've ever gotten from HPI. Sucks it went down. Guess it's finally time to switch to the wind-tunnel eh? :)

3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I have a few matches for whenever the site is back up(mostly DC United and US).

4. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I was wondering if anyone was also going to have the ESPN broadcast of the draw put up on HPI when everything is fixed.

5. dsp87260

dsp87260 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    I hope so...that and I'm looking for the U-17 Nike friendlies as well...but we'll see...(those were the last things on the schedule waiting to be filled when the site went down)

6. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    When the site went down, I had the Draw, as well as FSC's "Road to South Africa" special (commentary on the draw), and all 3 Nike friendlies ready to go...
    I still have them.

I'll keep them waiting for a bit longer, but if the site doesn't come back up soon, I'm going to find something else to do.

7. Newtbomb

Newtbomb Member

Mar 24, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sad to hear. :(
    The torrents can be put back up for version 3.0, like we did for version 2.0.
    The real loss will be in the forums if are they truly gone.
    There was a plethora of good info on torrent use & ratios that will have to be repeated to the uninitiated.
    In any case, I have most of the USA matches going back a few years and will be ready to help re-up the classics when we return.
    The trick will be in remembering where I got what (for example, I downloaded some as HTTPs from Maxxed just because I was impatient or wanted a different file size).

8. FilAM

FilAM Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sad is right. Damn that is a bummer.

The forum. The torrents. My ratio!

Oh well. I have a large collection. Might I recommend a thread on the site or a means of organizing old content, which could be voted on for re-seeding? No rush ;-)

9. Who is this guy?

Dec 13, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im new here so its a bummer I never got to use the website. Does anyone know where I can download the US 06' world cup games? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

10. FilAM

FilAM Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The site will be back up in due time. I, along with many other people, have the games. I would recommend waiting, unless you really need them in the next week.

11. nocturnalscreams

Aug 3, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

awesome, please keep us updated :)

12. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very sad to see HPI go down again. I hope we can get Version 3.0 up and running as soon as possible.

I wonder if those with poor ratios are secretly cheering the opportunity for a clean slate. My ratio had consistently been between 0.9-1.2 since the inception of HPI V2.0, but downloads of a Honduras-USA torrent and the BBC Brazil-USA Confed Cup final torrent a few days before the crash dropped my ratio to around 0.65 or 0.70. HPI crashed before I had a chance to seed my way back up to breaking even.

Thanks in advance to any and all who work to get the site back up and running again. Its existence has truly been a privilege for the US soccer fan community.

13. Who is this guy?

Dec 13, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no, of course i can wait, as long its some time before the world cup. On another note I noticed on the first post in this thread, there advertising Mininova as a site to get football torrents, well unfortunately mininova was sued for copyright infringement and no longer host those types of torrents. Anyway this HPI site sounded like a great us soccer torrent site and I anticipate its return.

14. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just an update - the new server is up and running, and the software is in "beta". Before I turn it live, I'd like a few of the site staff from before to PM me - I'll give you guys access (the server is password protected right now until we're ready to go live) so you can create new accounts and we can kick the tires a little bit. Obviously, many of our previous modifications are gone, and it will take some time to get those re-implemented.

FWIW, I feel really terrible about losing all the data. I'll skip the technical details, other than to say that my data contingency plan should have covered this particular type of hardware failure. I'm working on getting a new plan set up; one that should keep the data intact (if not the hardware) thru an orbital strike. (To put the data loss in perspective, HPI was the least important thing on the server; I had all of my personal data there, including resume, several years worth of photos, etc.)

But yes - ALL of the data is gone. Including forums. The new forum software is way better tho, so we've got that going for us. I'll also add that several days of the downtime were me being unwilling to accept reality and reformat the remaining hard drives. I didn't want to give up on recovering the old data. I pretty much knew within a day that it was all gone, but it took a little bit longer for me to admit defeat. :)

15. ianai

ianai Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Hampton, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, sorry to hear about your Data Foos. If I can be of any help, let me know. I'm in the industry and deal with such issues fairly regularly. If you need any controller boards for drives or anything, let me know as I actually have a decent collection of them.

16. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    This includes MODs, btw...

[edit] PM Foos, that is... ;)

17. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, but I already re-purposed the disks (which, I'm pretty sure, were the source of the problem - I'll know for sure once I test the failed ones individually). In the end, RAID is not worth it (IMO) for "non-commercial" users. Too much effort.

Rsync is your friend. I'm going to do daily incremental backups with rsync to a separate backup hard drive (either in the same system, or another system in the "server room") and eventually I'll be setting up some off-site backup. I could use the 500GB of quota I've got at the state supercomputing center, but that's technically abusing the resources... :)

Yeah, absolutely. I think I've got the email issue solved (those of you who already signed up and are waiting for confirmation emails may never get them - I'll manually promote you as soon as someone manages to sign up normally).

Depending on the opinion towards the missing features, we could conceivably go live pretty quickly. We'll need to test the actual tracker to be sure. The non-functional details (fixing the theme, etc) can be filled in later.

18. Who is this guy?

Dec 13, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to seem impatient or anything, but is their a timeline for HPI to open to the Public? Cant tell you how excited I am to have an all in one US-Mls torrent site, so thanks again to everyone working on the site.

19. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My goal is to be live by 1 Jan. We could be live much, much earlier. Almost certainly not later.

20. Who is this guy?

Dec 13, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok sounds great, thanks once again.

21. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    And I (or Foos) also will definitely update this thread if there is any news at all to relate (hopefully good!).

Please don't take that as a "dis-invitation" to ask questions here or anything though. ;)

22. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Quick update:

Things are going well.
    We still have some work left, but we have most of it in good shape.
    HPI 3.0 is going to be pretty awesome. As big a step forward as 2.0 was, imo...

In the meantime, I've created this torrent for "Road to South Africa".

Enjoy!

23. Donofan_10

Donofan_10 Red Card

Aug 20, 2009
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you have to be a member to download it :(

24. Who is this guy?

Dec 13, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey thanks for the torrent, and great news on the site. Btw have you guys ever thought about running the site like or through a one click hosting site ala Rapidshare, Megaupload or my personal favorite Mediafire. The reason I bring this up is because I noticed in previous threads one of the problems you (consistent seeders) complained about was heavy leeching and only a few loyal seeders, well with one click you dont have to rely on P2P structure, and its relatively faster for downloaders and less work for uploaders, and also you dont have worry about reseeding. I am relatively computer naive, so i dont if thats a feasible idea, Anyhow I appreciate the service you guys provide for USMNT fans.

25. FilAM

FilAM Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @ Who is this Guy?

The ratio issues people have had will hopefully be sorted out with the new HPI. A site admin can give you a more definitive answer. As for direct download versus a torrent protocol: I believe with those sites you need to divide files, which is a pain. Download speed and length of availablility might also be an issue. Even using direct download you still need a forum/website for distribution.

This should work.