Official Thailand Football Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by druryfire, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yes, he has been successful in his own right, and I agree about unfairness surrounding his circumstance in the past. Not many managers get to where he is now. That's why I think he's a good manager in his own right. The question is how much his inherent nature is compatible with current Thailand setup; his version of "versatility" may be the wrong sort for Thailand (or most Asian sides right now). He's getting on a bit now (early 50s I think) and more likely he'll stick to what he knows, and that's where my concern lies. Personally I tend to think that he'd make a greater contribution if he were helping out in overseeing the youth development rather than being the national coach (whether he'd agree to such contract I don't know...), but then again, I've seen enough of him to know that he's a competent coach when he needs to be. He may very well turn out to be the magic wand Thailand needs right now. I'm cautiously optimistic - that's probably the best way to put it. If he succeeds, it may very well set a precedent for future appointments of managers in the east.

2. SriRachaShark

SriRachaShark Member

Apr 16, 2008
    SriRacha
    Some excellent points and observations in the above posts.

I wish Peter Reid the best of luck should he take the job on - according to one report I've read today, he claims he hasn't seen a contract.

However, I still maintain that the domestic league should be a priority. We've already been given a kick up the backside by the AFC and I've seen little evidence that we've addressed those issues.

A strong league won't necessarily guarantee a strong national team but it will certainly benefit the players and they will improve as a result.

I'll let you know when I see Reidy at a league match.

However, I think that this story has been allowed to overshadow the real issue of the week......................... Have TOT installed full sized goalposts yet? I'll be taking my tape measure along on Saturday to check ;)

3. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Top of the table clash with small sided goals, i love it.

4. koratvinnie

koratvinnie New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Nakhonratchasima
    Apparently he's going to sign a contract next week, but it's not a done deal yet...

5. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Something i read the other day about Reid, was that he was going to take the Iran job not long back.

Now, if Iran thinks he is good for Asia, then have FAT pulled off their own coup here! Areour boy's really working wonders behind the scenes!

Then there is the other side to the story, Reid would have had the job, but didn't want to work and live in the country, to be honest i don't blame him, but why go for a job you are not fully commited to?

6. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    The Weeks Upcoming Fixtures

11th July

Singapore Cup (Quarter-Finals)

Young Lions (Singapore) - Bangkok University (2nd Leg)

12th July

Premier League (Round 15)

TOT - Chonburi
    BEC - Army
    Nakhon Pathom - KTB
    Chula-Sinthana - Port Authority
    Coke-Bangpra - Tobacco
    Samut Songkhram - Bangkok Bank

Division 2 Group B (Round 14)

66: Thonburi Coll. - Fleet Support
    67: Lopburi - BKK Christian Coll.
    68: Air Force TC - Bangkok Bravo
    69: BKK North Central - Marine Coll.

13th July

Osotspa M-150 - PEA

Division One (Round 18)

137: Chanthaburi - Khon Kaen
    138: Rattana Bundit - Phitsanulok
    139: Air Force - Raj-Vithi
    140: Police - Sriracha
    141: Navy - Surat Thani
    142: Thai-Honda - Nakhon Sawan
    143: Suphanburi - Thai Airways
    144: PTT - Mueng Thong NongJork United

Division 2 Group A (Round 14)

66: Satun - Chiang Mai
    67: Rajpracha - Samut Prakan
    68: Songkhla - Prachinburi
    69: Nakhon Ratchasima - Chachoengsao
    70: Narathiwat - Ratchaburi

70: Kasem Bundit U. - Army Welfare

15th July

Customs Department - Bangkok University

7. lokomotive

lokomotive Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Munich
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    Ad, as your link is under the Futsal Nationalteam in the Wiki, today the draw of the upcoming Futsal World Championship have taken place. Dont' forget in your blog. I added your blog too in the German Wiki, as I am working on the Thai Natioanl Futsal Team now.

Vinnie, your Blog Link also have been added in the German Version of the Thailand Div. 2 League, which I had finished today.

.....and can anybody of you tell me why there are no statistics about the Th. Div 1 in 2006?

8. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England

I don't know too much about Futsal to be honest. But i know we are bloody good at it.

For 1st Division, I'm not too sure why the statistics have not been added, i think i started posting them statistics on Wiki and Cheeta added to it, but between us we don't know what happened in 2006, and i can't find it on the Official website, but i'm sure looking at club names of 2005 and 2007 for Premier League will give us the answer. 2006 was a bit before my time, although strange nobody knows when its only 2 years ago!

Back then we had the Pro League as rival to the Premier League, so maybe the league was r-structured?

9. lokomotive

lokomotive Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Munich
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    but it loks like they have been playing this season. As the Th Wiki at least has listed the teams which have participated in the league during the 2006 season.

http://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/ไทยลีกดิวิชัน_1_2549

10. SriRachaShark

SriRachaShark Member

Apr 16, 2008
    SriRacha
    I have a record of all the results from 2006 somewhere. As I'm currently in the middle of decorating it may take me a while to find them!! I'll post up all you need to know when I do.

re Futsal - I love it!! I play regularly and find it very enjoyable. It's really suited to the Thai style of playing - quick, good control etc. It's also good to watch. The Thai Futsal League gets a lot of coverage on TV here but, as with the 11 a side version of the sport, the crowds are very disappointing.

It's a shame that it's not more popular in England, DF. Maybe you could be a pioneer?

11. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    In England, we have the Master's for the old gits, maybe that's what put most of us off.

I'm more 11 side guy, but since i've taken an interest in the Asian game, i'm kind of coming around to it.

With Futsal, is it just played indoors, or on the beach aswell, or is that just beach soccer?

12. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Singapore Cup Result

Young Lions 0 - 0 Bangkok Uni

Young Lions advance to semi-finals, 1-0 on aggregate. It's all over for Thai clubs.

13. SriRachaShark

SriRachaShark Member

Apr 16, 2008
    SriRacha
  14. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  15. SriRachaShark

SriRachaShark Member

Apr 16, 2008
    SriRacha
    They'll certainly be getting their moneys-worth!! Will he be expected to drive the bus and wash the kit as well?;)

16. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Todays Results - 12th July

TOT 1 - 1 Chonburi
    BEC 0 - 1 Army
    Nakhon Pathom 1 - 1 KTB
    Chula-Sinthana 5 - 0 Port Authority
    Coke-Bangpra 3 - 0 Tobacco
    Samut Songkhram 1 - 2 Bangkok Bank

Division 2 Group B Round 14

66: Thonburi Coll. 0 - 0 Fleet Support
    67: Lopburi 0 - 2 BKK Christian Coll.
    69: Air Force TC 2 - 3 Bangkok Bravo
    70: BKK North Central 0 - 0 Marine Coll.

I believe next week, the fixtures are now reversed, from week 15 going down to week 1, so revenge can come pretty quickly for some clubs.

Also, looking at the statistics, Chonburi need 3 more goals to have scored 100 in the Premier League, and PEA need 4.

17. SriRachaShark

SriRachaShark Member

Apr 16, 2008
    SriRacha
    A very entertaining match between TOT and Chonburi, yesterday. Two teams trying to play football (on a terrible pitch!) and a big crowd, including a large travelling support.

I felt we shaded it possession-wise but overall I think a draw was a fair(ish) result.

It bodes well for next Saturday when the same two teams meet on a much better surface.

Oh, (sorry, DF) how we all cheered when the BEC result was announced over the pa :)

18. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Todays Results - 13th July

Osotspa M-150 0 - 1 PEA

Division One (Round 18)

137: Chanthaburi 0 - 1 Khon Kaen
    138: Rattana Bundit 3 - 2 Phitsanulok
    139: Air Force 1 - 1 Raj-Vithi
    140: Police 0 - 1 Sriracha
    141: Navy 0 - 0 Surat Thani
    142: Thai-Honda 0 - 0 Nakhon Sawan
    143: Suphanburi 0 - 0 Thai Airways
    144: PTT 0 - 2 Mueng Thong NongJork United

Division 2 Group A (Round 14)

66: Satun 1 - 1 Chiang Mai
    67: Rajpracha 2 - 1 Samut Prakan
    68: Songkhla 2 - 0 Prachinburi
    69: Nakhon Ratchasima 6 - 0 Chachoengsao
    70: Narathiwat 1 - 1 Ratchaburi

67: Kasem Bundit U. 2 - 1 Army Welfare

Result of the week must go to Vinnie's Boys.

19. koratvinnie

koratvinnie New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Nakhonratchasima
    A superb result against a team that Narathiwat could only draw against last week.
    Overall, it's been a very interesting few weeks in the top half of 2A. The early season challenge of Samut Prakan seems to have faded entirely after defeats at Satun and now Rajpracha. Narathiwat then moved into second spot and looked like they would be joining Prachinburi in Div 1 next season. However, their challenge is also faltering after two draws in consecutive matches. The continued good form of Songkhla, culminating in that impressive 2-0 victory over league leaders Prachinburi yesterday, probably means that they are now favourites for second place.
    Korat are on 21 points, 5 points below Songkhla and Narathiwat. But guess what? Korat's next two games are against...Narathiwat and Songkhla. It's two from four, with Prachinburi and Songkhla the favourites. But Korat and Songkhla are the form sides.

20. SriRachaShark

SriRachaShark Member

Apr 16, 2008
    SriRacha
    Some highlights from the weekend's matches here :

http://sstv.siamsport.co.th/

Although the cameraman managed to miss TOT's goal. Which is a shame because it was a cracker.

21. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Premier League Result - 15th July

Customs Department 1 - 4 Bangkok Uni

Good strong win for the students, recovering from getting knocked out in the Singapore Cup

I believe Viv Anderson has been brought into the coaching staff with Reid aswell, can anyone confirm this?

22. SriRachaShark

SriRachaShark Member

Apr 16, 2008
    SriRacha
  23. SriRachaShark

SriRachaShark Member

Apr 16, 2008
    SriRacha
    You should be able to watch tomorrow's big match - Chonburi (1st) v TOT (2nd) here :

http://www.siamtv.org/sports.html

KO is 18:00hrs local time and it promises to be a cracker!!

24. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Weekend Fixtures:

19th July

Premier League (Round 16)

Royal Thai Army - BEC Tero Sasana
    Chonburi FC - TOT
    Krung Thai Bank - Nakhon Pathom
    Port Authority - Chula-Sinthana
    Tobacco Monopoly - Coke Bangpra
    Bangkok Bank - Samut Songkhram
    PEA - Osotspa M-150

Division 2 Group B (Round 15)

Air Force Training - Bangkok North Central
    Si Sa Ket - Lopburi
    Bangkok Bravo - Kasem Bundit U.
    Marine Coll. - Navy Fleet Support
    Bangkok Christian Coll. - Thonburi Coll.

20th July

Premier League (Round 16)

Bangkok University - Customs Department

Division One (Round 19)

Nakhon Sawan FC - Suphanburi FC
    Surat Thani FC - Thai Honda FC
    Sriracha FC - Royal Thai Navy FC
    Raj-Vithi FC - Royal Thai Police FC
    Phitsanulok FC - Royal Thai Air Force FC
    Khonkaen FC - Rattana Bundit FC
    Thai Airways - Mueang Thong NongJork United
    Chanthaburi FC - PTT FC