Official Syrian Football Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by EstebanGranero23, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stat redded

stat redded Red Card

Jan 30, 2006
    Do you know Khaled Al Jaher and Malki Sabah who play in Europe?:confused:

From my memory, Khaled Al Jaher plays for Greece league division 2 team Thrasyvoulos Fylis.

Malki Sabah plays for Belguim league division 2 team Malki Sabah.

What's up with them?

Many thanks.

2. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were did you get this information from??? Good job man, Do you know why I cant get any information on them??? Because they want nothing to do with Syria any more. They are our professionals in Europe and they dont even play for the national team. This is really pityful and outrageous Things like this are why our NT will never get anywhere.

3. stat redded

stat redded Red Card

Jan 30, 2006
    Sorry, i don't remember where i got the info:eek:
    I hope they join Syrian NT.:)

I thought Malki Sabah played for Union SG(Belguim 2).

but I can't find his name from the club's squad written in their official website.

http://www.rusg.be/FR/saison/noyauA

Did he leave the club?
    Where is he?:confused:

As for Khaled Al Jaher, he still plays for Thrasyvoulos Fylis and his club is taking 2nd place in the Greek league 2.

4. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes Sanharib Sabah Malki i know him..i have better news... he plays now for SV Roeselare ..that means on the highest level in Belgium..i hope will play for Syria that would be great. he is just 22 years old...
    and Khaled al Jaher.. is to old now..he is 33 years...there also a few assyrian footballers in swedish leagues ..

5. stat redded

stat redded Red Card

Jan 30, 2006

Thanks. Great info.:)
    Go Syrians!

6. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-0 today aginst Palestine, Im not satisfied though, we should have scored more, not based on preformance but we just should have scored more, we are far stronger than Palestine.

7. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Does anyone here know if Palestine played their Chilean based players?

8. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  9. stat redded

stat redded Red Card

Jan 30, 2006
    A good result for Syria.:)

10. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  11. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice. I think we acctually deserve this. Next up, Korea(with no Euro players) at home. Hope we can atleast pull a draw.

12. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    after the 3 friendly games ; 1-1 Bahrein , 3-0 win Palestine , 1-1 Saudi Arabia,,i think we are ready for South Korea..without theyre Euro based players as i heard... i think we can make a good result with a full stadium in Aleppo ..ill pray for Syria..!!

13. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Syria will win ;)

14. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed we will!!!!:D

15. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like our boys have been preparing well for Korea. Lets get em!!!! But being realistic, a 1-0 win or a 1-1 draw would be good enough for me. As long as we put in 1 or more and concede less than 1.

21. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1 :( We were outclassed. Could do nothing about it. Looks like no Asian Cup for us. :(

22. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Hard luck :(
    But dont lose Faith

23. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    i wouldn't say you were outclassed. Not at all.

I expected Syria to be tough because i have respect for them, which i think most people would agree is deserved.

In the 1st half I was pleased because Syria seemed to have a more of a defensive strategy and held back a little, and although were physical they gave Korea a lot of space, and allowed us to play well.

In the 2nd half, it was a different story. Syria came out very strong and pressed hard and got a goal in the first 5min. The celebrations were great by the way. If it had not been for Lee Chun Soo's goal to make it 2-1 just one minute later, it would have been even more difficult for us.

I think the whole of Korea hearts stopped when Al Khatib scored the equaliser, and was seriously worried that if Korea didnt do something fast and got back in to the game Syria would score a 2nd.

in the end we won, but in the 2nd half Syria had good chances and Korea definitely was playing too much long balls and making pass misses due to Syria's long ball attacks over the head of our defenders and your skilled and speedy forwards.

One thing i liked about Syria yesterday was how fast the players could move with the ball. Without the ball Korea was probably a little faster or the same, but with the ball Syria had faster pace.

One thing i did not like was how Syria was a very rough physical team. Although Korea responded well and played physically tough too, i was worried about one of our players getting injured throughout the game.

oh yeah and the ref gave out to many yellows and was inconsistent.

well good luck Syria, i think you have a good chance of making an upset and taking a spot away from either Iran or Korea. Im glad we won the away game, otherwise it would have made it a difficult campaign for us. Assuming Syria will beat Taiwan both home and away, if Syria beats Iran at home then who knows what will happen. All you may need then is a draw with Korea in Seoul or with Iran in Tehran. But that still months away and too early to think about what ifs.

So to more immediate matters, good luck against Taiwan next week. I will be supporting Syria, although I like Taiwan the country, I have been dumped by a Taiwanese girlfriend in the past! So some indirect revenge if you please! :D

24. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Have to say Syria had tough luck in the draw

Had been dealt a tough & impossible group with Iran & Korea

Singapore was seeded third like Syria & if dealt such a group, will be very sad.

Any other group other than group A & B, Syria stand a good chance

25. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    didnt know he led a double life and acted in Hollywood and won a Emmy? :eek:

[​IMG]