Official St Louis Lions 2013 Thread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by Shipdawg, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shipdawg

Shipdawg Member
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Clayton, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what happened in the integration to the new version of the Forums but the St Louis Lions thread was deleted. So Let's just start a new one.

Here we Go!

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck Lions!

3. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How was the game with the new Chicago PDL team?

4. Shipdawg

Shipdawg Member
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Clayton, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Inferno have a good side. They are very disciplined at the back and the two central midfielders are strong on the ball. They made very few changes during the game so I could not tell you what type of depth they have on the squad. Both sides agreed to unlimited subs just so we can look at players in differnt situations, it was an exhibition game.

Branco has then playing very disciplined which is what you expect out of one of his teams.

Both teams play again tommorrow but this time in Chicago at Wheaton College. I think the game is at 4pm.

5. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, for the update. I wish I could make it out for that game. But kind of hard to make it out there at that time during the week. In some ways they recruit like you guys. A lot of non D1 players. I hope they have a good season, but that's a tough division they are in. Hoping to make it out to Wheaton to see a game. But at the very least, I'll see their 2 games here in Evanston.

6. Shipdawg

Shipdawg Member
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Clayton, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Scarves have come in! Hopefully get some pictures of the fans picking up thier scarves.

7. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any idea when the scarves will be available at the online shop?

8. Shipdawg

Shipdawg Member
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Clayton, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to distribute to the season ticket holders first and then we will make them available. Since the scarves have come in we have seen a jump in season ticket sales over the last couple of days.

9. Shipdawg

Shipdawg Member
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Clayton, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scaves will be available for purchase online tonight

10. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the update. I just ordered mine, although I have to admit that I'm apprehensive as it took about four months for AC St. Louis to send out theirs, and I'm now going on NINE (!!!) months since Ajax St. Louis took my money and all I have to show for it is a constant flow of cockamamie excuses and apologies. On the flip side, Eads Brigade and the Saint Louligans were/are dedicated class acts, and, if you have the seal of approval of the Chickenhead, then no worries...

http://kennysfootballscarves.yolasite.com/united-soccer-leagues---premier-development-league.php

11. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me follow up my last post by stating here and now that the Lions are a class A, first rate professional organization. They sent out my scarf lickety split and did a great job on them. While it might seem like a trivial matter, honor and integrity are as much about effort as they are intent, and you can tell as much about the dedication of a club by how they handle themselves in the front office as by the results on the pitch. Kudos and all the best for the rest of the 2012 season...

http://kennysfootballscarves.yolasite.com/united-soccer-leagues---premier-development-league.php

12. Shipdawg

Shipdawg Member
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Clayton, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lions Rally To Defeat Menace
    Lovegrove scores winner in 2-1 victory Saturday night

Saturday, May 26, 2012
    ST. LOUIS, Mo. -- The St. Louis Lions gained their first win of the season in a thrilling come-from-behind 2-1 victory against the Des Moines Menace. The Lions' Gerrard John-Williams and Dean Lovegrove each scored to allow their side to claim victory in its home opener at the Tony Glavin Soccer Complex.

Full Article

13. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you guys had a not very good season on the field. Off the field, you finalized a partnership with Celtic. What's next for the team?

14. Shipdawg

Shipdawg Member
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Clayton, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    St. Louis Lions Announce Open Tryouts Feb. 23-24
    St. Louis, Mo. (December 18, 2012) – The St. Louis Lions Soccer Club has announced they will hold Open Tryouts on February 23rd and 24th of 2013.

Tryouts for the St. Louis Lions Premier Development League (PDL) and reserve squad will be held from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Location of tryout will be announced at a later date. Anyone who wishes to tryout for the team must pre-register. For more information please call the St. Louis Lions office at (636) 939-5151 or email stllions@sbcglobal.net with the word “Tryouts” in the subject line. There is a fee of $75 to register. Additional tryout details will be provided.

The St. Louis Lions are entering their eighth season in the PDL. The St Louis Lions provide an opportunity for players to be exposed to professional scouts throughout the United States and Internationally. Currently the Lions have assisted in placing twelve player’s into the professional ranks in the United States and Internationally.

In the past 3 years 111 players from the USL PDL have been selected in the MLS SuperDraft, an average of more than 70 percent of the selections made. The leading amateur soccer league in North American, the USL PDL continues to offer the opportunity for growth and development during the summer as players work toward their goals of turning professional.

The St. Louis Lions are a member of the United Soccer League’s (USL) Premier Development League consisting of 73 teams within four conferences in the 2012 season across the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean.

The PDL provides elite players the opportunity to participate in a higher level of competition while maintaining NCAA eligibility. The PDL has proven to be an important stepping stone for top soccer players now playing on MLS teams, including 2011 MLS Rookie of the Year C.J. Sapong (Reading United) and 2012 MLS Rookie of the Year Austin Berry (Chicago Fire PDL).

The St. Louis Lions season will begin in early May and run thru August. For more information about the Lions and the USL visit www.stllions.com or www.uslsoccer.com.

15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States