Official Small Rocks League Thread 2006-2007

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by ibreak4coffee, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I wonder who:confused: :D

[​IMG]

2. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Voodoo man, lovely. :D :D

Now the rumor is that Eboue, whom I was patting myself on the back for getting early, is next in line for suspension. What a shocker that the second most mouthy gooner (to Cesc) should get himself in the middle of things with his betters. :rolleyes: He should learn from Cesc that throwing the pizza slice is best done after the match.

3. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    There was actually a trade in the Sand division today... I love it.

For my efforts this year and last to keep up the blog, I suggest Jay trade me Cristiano Ronaldo for James Harper... OK fine, Tomas Rosicky. :)

4. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Quite an offer. As soon as I unload Shevchenko on Hal in exchange for Drogba.

Incidentally, if any of you fantasy gurus are also baseball fans, my league just found out that a longterm manager is begging out this year, so we're in the lurch. We run it through CBS Sportsline. $50 for the team and then we pay out top 3 spots. Let me know if interested.

5. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I want to thank Wenger for finally listening to me and dumping out of the FA Cup. He was quite simply running out of players. Actually, a couple rounds earlier would have been much better, but now that he is taking my advise there is hope.

6. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It would have been better if he dumped out of the League Cup at the semi-final stage too.

:D

7. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Thought I was sitting pretty heading into the big double gameweek. Had 6 starters from the combo of Arsneal, Man City, and Chelsea without having to make any trades. Then Adebayor gets a 3 match ban, and Hoyte gets hurt, and all of a sudden I'm forced into scrambling.

We'll see if captain Shevchenko can finally live up to his promise. He's been getting good reviews in recent weeks, and scoring plenty in the various cups.

8. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A new thing to love Cesc for. Even if I don't have him on my team, I can love the kid for a lot of things, not least is that own-goal. If I don't have any Arsenal defenders with Eboue going into the doghouse, then no shutouts for anyone.

9. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I feel your exact pain

10. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Double the pain for me as I had Gallas as Captain. The game goes to 60 minutes with a shutout and I start getting real excited about the 12 points, with another match possible. Then BANG! An 8 point swing. What a letdown.

And I keep leaving Hulse on the bench and he keeps scoring goals.

But two assists by A Cole makes it all better.

11. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Talk about pain. I forgot to update my open team, Naval Aviators. I had Lampard and Drogba on the bench due to no game last week and now miss their double game week this week!!

Too many fantasy soccer teams!!!

12. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Another cast-off, Aaron Lennon, chips in with 8 points..... oh, the sweetness.

:D

13. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    No Henry. No shot at the top.

Others have lost their No. 1, so its hard to think that anyone will mourn this passing, but having one of the top 2 or 3 in points can make all the difference. Problem, of course, is that you can not necessarily pick who will be in the top 2 or 3. That had been the role Henry played. No matter the cost. Just find someone who will be in the top 2 or 3 in scoring and anything was possible.

It will be interesting to see how the draft selection process goes next year.
    1. Ronaldo
    2. Lampard
    3. Gerrard
    4. Drogba

X. Henry

Makes me recall that I was all set to pick Drogba in the 10th round of the draft and talked myself out of it. Oh well.

14. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hard not to take Drogba #2.

For fans of the Arsekiddies, this is a fun period though.

15. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think Cesc Fabregas will need to be on this list too. I imagine Henry wont be back and Wenger will really start to build the team around him.

And of course... John Terry.

16. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Now that John Terry has shown himself to be injury prone, not for me.

;)

17. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If anyone is near a betting shop today, given my luck this season I can guarantee you an Arsenal clean sheet. This is simply because my two Arsenal defenders - Toure and Clichy - arent playing, and Rosicky starts on the bench. The clincher: John Carew is captain.
    :)

18. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hleb not even in the subs. Thank god I dropped Lennon for his double-gameweek. That was my gift to Michel. Forget what I said about the Arsekiddies; now it's all so clear as mud who's going to play. That Carling Combo of Diaby/Baptista/Denilson/Aliadiere with Gilberto as a center-half have designs on the remaining matches. But look how once again Lamps saves my day. There's a chance for 73 despite the missing Hleb, as six-pointer Folan subs in for the nonplaying Stubbs and Carvalho gets another shutout and doesn't plant his studs in anyone.

19. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Note to self in Open League (also applies to Jay in Drafted League):

ALWAYS HAVE RONALDO AS CAPTAIN

Thank you.

20. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    With his goal today, Shevchenko has now pulled out of his tie in the goal scoring standings with Carlos Bocanegra. :rolleyes:

Left 5 pts on the table by taking Cech as captain this week instead of Ronaldo. Just seemed like such a "sure thing" 14 pts that I couldn't resist.

21. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Let's look at that open league team of the elder Powell, shall we? With 1563 points it ranks 2,953rd of all teams (second in the huge Big Soccer Division to a guy whose overall rank is 884). That means out of 1.2 million teams, FC Pitman is in the 99.763rd percentile.

Not having Ronaldo will have implications for that--probably dropping a couple hundred places. All the same, thinks the elder Powell, it's a shame this isn't done for money, a thought that likely comes up on a daily basis.

22. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Make that 8 pts, with Ronaldo's inevitable 3 pt bonus.

23. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  24. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    The guy is a Cup performer, I guess. :rolleyes:

[youtube]taeRVoYPpFE[/youtube]

25. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    A truly magnificent strike. Left-footed to the far side, just inside the post. To para-phrase a basketball cliche, "Nothing but the side of the net."

I have said this before, but I will repeat. Shev's biggest problem is Drogba. Not personally, but Shev is only among the targets, not the only one. If Chelsea cleared out for Shev the way Arsenal clears out for Henry, or MU now looks for Ronaldo, he would have many more goals.