Official Small Rocks 2009_10 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Hal, Jul 13, 2009.

1. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Re GDocs,

I added two new sheets since we finished the draft:

I made a copy of the rosters and put it in a sheet named "Drafted Teams". It's sole purpose is amusement to show where things stood at the end of the draft. We can look at it in 19 weeks, or perhaps in 2 or 3, and see how many of our players were with each of us from the beginning.

I then made a sheet that is named "Trades (Test)". I cut and pasted the two trades made thus far on the FPL site. So, the concept would be: (a) make the trade on the FPL site as always, (b) copy your trade and paste it at the bottom of this sheet, and (c) update your roster on what is now labeled the "Updated Rosters" page. Alternatively, all of the trades for the entire week could be copied at a single time at the end of each gameweek.

Is there any value to having this summary of the trades in this format? It will all be on the FPL site as well, although you have to go gameweek by gameweek to get it. This sheet will probably get long enough that it will be broken into groups of 5-10 gameweeks, but it would still be easier to search through to look at past transfers than going through the FPL threads on a week by week basis. Thoughts?

On the Updated Rosters sheet, after making player updates in VSR last year, we would also update the amount remaining in the bank (it won't be correctly calculated as values begin to fluctuate) and the date of the update as a way of knowing when the last update was made for each team. (I've shaded those cells in light green). Note: We never updated player values as they went up or down, we only input the price at the time the player was acquired.

Vegas, How did you make that note about when you updated your roster? What does everyone think of its value, if any?

2. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Not tough at all. 24 hours from 10:28 was 10:28. Notwithstanding the erroneous 10:30 rounding by ibreak4coffee's post.

If blech snagged someone at 10:28, blech gets the player.

It's unfortunate that noone called ibreak4coffee's erroneous time; your issue is with him. 10:28 was 24 hours.

3. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    LSG attorney Barry Zuckercorn has been dispatched to Springfield where he plans to inform the team that their first game starts 2 minutes after the scheduled kickoff.

Tried using the trades (test) page but it added more in terms of labor than it does in terms of value IMHO. I'd say the FPL forum provides an adequate archive of transfers - perhaps a bit clunky but I think the gdocs record would become a bit awkward after a few weeks too.

Updating the date on the roster page was simple: just double clicked on the date page, a calendar popped up, and I clicked on today's date. Simple!

4. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Wait hold on a second how am I getting dragged into this? I didn't say 10:30 was the official time, I asked if that was the case. If anyone wasn't sure, they had a day to figure it out. Blech even offered a compromise and frankly I doubt others would have done the same.

And really I doubt all eight of our clocks are all set to the exact same time, or to the time the premier league site uses. What happens if my clock says 10:28 and its 10:27 on premier league? I assume at that point everyone would call my transfer invalid? And also, I'm sure one of us here is one minute ahead of someone else, thus giving them a one minute advantage for all future transfer market purchases. Perhaps we should look into this to prevent future arguments :rolleyes:

Blech - thanks for the google doc update. I think it looks great and we need to use it more and more, regardless of how loud the complaints might be.

5. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    so this is how the big boys do it..eh...:rolleyes::p:D

6. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    They're tearing each other to shreds in here.

It ain't pretty.

My son had a look on the comp while I was on a toilet break and the poor little mite was in tears.

7. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    I never had an issue with dear little Ralphy... just asked for an interpretation! Let's move on to more important things, which frankly shouldn't be hard to accomplish given the nonissue that this always was...

8. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    New trade.

Out: Jones, F, SU, 7.0

In: A Johnson, F, FU, 6.5

Bank: 3.5

Regarding google docs, not a fan of the "Trades" page. Not a "copy/paste" for me, but that could be my inexperience with this MAC, or Google.doc, or computers in general. Too many steps.

Regarding the time stamp on the cost field, its a "Comment." Right Click>Add Comment.

9. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's a competitive league, but all we're all good friends really!

:cool:

10. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Hah!

Complete and utter balderdash!

I've watched the way you draft. You show nothing but contempt for your so called 'good friends' as you wreck their draft lists in spectacular fashion.

You sir, are the Blofeld, of the Rocks Leagues. Now go back to stroking your cat.

11. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Its all really one big show for the other leagues ;):D

12. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I'm not believing it, unless he was in tears ... because he was laughing so hard at grown men fighting over Ben Foster!

:D

13. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Especially as he knows that Tomasz Kuszczak will be keeping the clean sheets for Manchester United.

:p

14. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Surely the must-have keeper now is Niemi at Pompey... OK, he'll let in an average of 3 goals a game, but with a squad of 2 in front of him, he'll also make 40 saves a game!

15. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    For a handful of games at most...

16. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Reversed the move. Already in FPL, but don't have time to cleanup Google. Later tonight.

17. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Posted on Google:
    Posted by Jimmy Greaves on 7 Aug 15:01**

OUT:
Skrtel, Liverpool, Defender, 6.0
Rosicky, Arsenal, Midfielder, 7.0
Davies, Aston Villa, Defender, 5.5
Green, West Ham, Goalkeeper, 5.0

IN: