OFFICIAL::Sept 25::Burn vs Metros [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by chazsoccer, Sep 25, 2004.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    not really weird, last minute, fair going on for only 30 more minutes, game decided, traffic to beat, bunch of half-assed fans who don't care :D ; I could go on all day...

2. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    You're probably right, lots of people wanted to enjoy the last 30 minutes of the fair when the game was an obvious loss. I guess as a maniac, fanatic soccer and Burn fan, I just don't get it!!!

3. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    well the game was in the 92nd min. when glen scored hell i felt leaving after that....but those of you saying the fat lady is singing i mean comeon thats crazy were tied for the playoff spot and play that team the last game of the season....on another note i thought brad did play well in the first half except for the sitter.....now to voice mp's opinion and one of my own....JASON KREIS AND BOBBY RHINE HAVE GOT TO GOOOOOOOO, JK is perfect for Real Salt Lake and Bobby is perfect for the A-league

4. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    Yea, they took my parking pass, too! $8 saved.

5. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    Kreis was part of Rhine's problem... Somtimes Rhine would wait and wait for Kreis to run a diagonal so he could get him the ball. Kreis didn't run the diagonal nor did he even show back for the ball. Just stood there. Otherwise Rhine just suked on his on.

6. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    He could have taken the guy down before he even got started. That way he would have only gotten a yellow and Glen wouldn't have scored.

7. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you lose at home to a team you have beaten twice on the road with four game left in your playoff hunt.

:mad:

*sigh*

8. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Once again, it's not the loss but the total lack of entertainment value from our side that most disappoints me. I find myself thinking, "Well, that's the game," if the other team scores as much as a single goal. After all, we're sure as hell not going to score 2 goals in one game. Then I come back later and Tivo through the rest of the game at high speed, just to be sure I didn't miss anything. And of course I didn't.

Other teams feel the same way. If they can score a single goal, they know they are guaranteed points. They simply stop playing for the rest of the game, settle back, and wait confidently for time to run out, knowing full welll that we are absolutely no threat to score a goal unless they make a mistake. Then they usually add a goal or two on the counter in the last 5 minutes of the game when we are forced to impotently throw every player forward in a futile effort to generate offense. There is no more boring programming in MLS than a Burn game when we have conceded a first half goal.

If we were losing these games 3-2, or 2-1, and occasionally winning a game 3-1, I wouldn't have such a problem with our play. But right now, what's most offensive about this team is not the losing, it's the lack of anything interesting happening on the field. This is supposed to be entertainment, folks. As of now, this product is simpy not worth watching.

9. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    So going forward.......there are a few questions to be answered over the last three regular season games.

1. When will ROB & Quill be back and at what percentage of full health?

2. Gibbs will miss the LA game with MNT duty but will EJ as well?

3. What if any line-up chances can we look forward to given the NY debacle?

4. Who's playing their way in/out of the organization?

5. Will Elliot be true to his word that CC is back next regardless?

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    1. Lets hope soon for ROB, and by soon I mean next game, we are DEATH without him. Quill, I couldn't give a flying flip about...

2. Oh what the freak.....I guess I'm not use to callups effecting us but now I'm on the boat that says we need MLS to be off when Qualifiers are going on, its just too important of a game to be missing 2 star players :mad:

3. Reyes just blew me away on how much he tore up the left side, Davis was just sometimes having to get out of the way. So why not try and move Reyes to left mid and put Salyer or.....shutter Gbandi on left defense? Other than that, we just don't have the players to fill postions that need filling. EJ needs a new partner in crime, no doubt, he is our only forward threat, and we saw last night that he can't do everything himself when they got 4 guys on him at a time.

4. https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140213

5. Lets hope CC doesn't have a lock and there will be some fire under his ass to get this team doing something, because right now as much as I hate reading Jambon's post, its so true. We need help...

11. BigNards

BigNards Member

Jul 18, 2004
    I think he would have gotten a red...he was clearly the last man and it wasn't worth the chance. There was only a minute or so left in stoppage time. IMO

12. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please let it be next week, please, please

Good question - I'm guessing no - but time will tell.

Reyes stays out left - ROB back in (please) - move Jason up to forward - leave Bobby on the bench to be super sub.
    Reyes made a good case for himself last nite
    ROB made a great case for himself - his absence made his value very clear

Yes.

13. soccerlube

soccerlube Member

Aug 25, 2003
    Gonzales, TX
    I too had a blast at TH, the fair and then TH again. See ya Saturday at SC.

14. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    For the final three matches I'd like to see Reyes on the left-wing with a conservative Behcke behind him. I don't see what we have to lose and the combination of Reyes and O'Brien on the wings could be a paradigm changing event.

And as long as we play direct ball, I don't see the logic behind playing Kreis. Maybe he can find his form under another system, but it won't be one where the key attack is going down the wings and sending in crosses. Nhlecko didn't show much when he came on but his game better suited our play yesterday. Likewise, the Thompson situation is another headscratcher. I don't know why he wasn't given more of a chance because he might have developed under Clarke's style.

Alas, I doubt I'll see either. Clarke doesn't think outside the box and has demonstrated beyond all doubt that he places experience well above form, potential, and talent.

15. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx

I was thinking of the same thing. reyes on the left wing with benchke as cover at left back would be something to take a look at. I think thats a big help to ROB having someone who is generally behind him to allow him to make dynamic runs.
    There is a big problem with CC's coaching and lack of ability to change. I understand he believes in getting backs involved, but you had the chance to bring in players that can do this and you really didnt other than Reyes, so know play a style more conducive to the type of players you have. CC does 0 adapting based on conditions or situations or opponents. Its all one way and that has been a losing way.

16. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) Insipid performance. No fun to watch except Reyes torching the sidelines now and then. Come back Ronnie.
    2) Still can't finish (BD, Kries etc etc).
    3) At least the fair food was big upgrade over the swill we are normally subjected to. The moon, weather, no football lines and fair were certainly a positive. No parking problems at all either.
    4) The fat lady has not sung at all. I feel a strong finish! Or is that train?
    5) So maybe 3k in actual attendance? FCD has a major task ahead to get the fans back. Last night was not helpful.
    6) Thanks Inferno and La Raza. The place is a morgue without you.

17. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great entrance by La Raza as well (JH)

18. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alert! Alert! He said 'paradigm' - heh, heh, heh, heh Had this been an actual post by Brushes Sand you would have received paradigm information and told what the paradigm shift will do. This has been an Alert.

I like this idea of Reyes on the left wing with Benhcke on defense. hmmm...this could be very interesting and would certainly give the opponent fits.

I don't know why it really annoys me :mad: when people make statements like this - maybe it is the complete lack of any quotes from Clark to support the assertations, maybe it is because it is presented as a factual statement rather than as an individual perception or opinion. What I do know is that it makes me want to defend Clarke and tear apart the statement bit by bit. But let's not and just say we did. :rolleyes:

19. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What did they do?

20. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    They were late geting there. I guess their bus was late. We were all wondering where they were. They came down the steps with lots of noise and we all joined in. They had a bunch of flags last night too. :)

21. Zé Bill

Zé Bill Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Echoing MjrGrubert's point #5 a few posts up---how does FCD get to Frisco from last night?

Here's a line-up for ya, suitable for use vs. N.E.
    who have good right flank players in Baker and Ralston, and good Twellman, Noonan, but not speedster fwds:

............Cassar............
    ...Reyes...Jolley...Behncke...Gibbs...
    ......Valakari......

...O'Brien....Kreis/Pareja....Nuñez......

....Ed Johnson...fwd: Brad yes Davis/Nhelko...

ok this late in the season it'd be tough to have guys trying to pass to strangers and figure who and when to cover behind somebody overlapping

I would tell the Pareja/Kreis person not to move around very much or go even 10 feet out of your way to defend. JUST enable ROB Reyes EJ Davis/Nhleko

I know. yeah. Davis as fwd.---weird---so is his drop-off in form---spring the news about his new position on him at the last second before kick-off!!!---he strikes the ball great and has "footskills" [as the coaches like to say] better than any American-born [ok: 'gringo']
    (not having Hispanic dad and uncles like Hugo Perez, Tab Ramos had) had in world cup '90.

JK9/OP8 (in succession) walk the center of the park impersonating Carlos Valderrama. Coach hands them a wig and says, "Squelch your instinct to defend!"

Everybody else defends appropriately. We win. and folks see a heckuva talented line-up during! [and CG2 played LB in Bundesliga]

22. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the library side it was very eye-catching. They were very enthusiastic and loud and the GA AKA festive side all joined in. It was kinda cool :cool:

23. DirtyDTown

DirtyDTown New Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dallas

My apologies to La Raza! I forgot them in my post. Great job as well and very cool entrance. :)

24. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Why would quotes back up or disprove what I wrote? Anybody can say anything. Does it make it true? No necessarily. You have to evaluate somebody upon their actions. And I'd argue CC's actions from line-up choices to style of play to tactics used supports my view of him. I'm sure he doesn't view himself as a conservative and not terribly orginal manager, but who does. And beyond not wanting that type of manager for my team I can't blame him too much. He wasn't first choice for the job and probably wasn't even third or fourth. And wasn't given much respect in the form of pay or contract length. So from day one he has been fighting for his job which motivates conservativism and short-term thinking.

25. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Ay Dios mio!

That was poor poor poor. When your best offensive weapon is your left fullback, well... you got problems. And when the only shot on goal comes from your right full back, well... you got bigger problems. Everybody that was playing midfield and forward has to take a look into the mirror and realize that they were the reason for the poor offensive showing.

Kreis was invisible. El capitan needs to remember the leadership lessons of his mentor and apply them. Davis played out of position all night consistently drifting to the middle, never making himself available as an outlet, in the first twenty minutes he simply watched 3 or 4 passes played into his space. Let's not mention the sitter. Rhine did nothing more or nothing less than what we have seen from him in 5 years. Although he should have buried that wide open header at the beginning of the second half. Pareja had a very poor first half. Probably the worst of his career. He got better in the second half, but he is a shell of his formerself. EJ's next step in his development needs to be in learning how to demand the ball (and get it).

CC's biggest sin is that we are three games from the end of the season, and he still does not have a set lineup or rotation. He still is tinkering trying to figure out how everybody fits in. This makes his team extemely vulnerable when he does not have all of his players available to him.

Getting to the game was fun. Trinity Hall, the train, the bus, the fair was not ready for nearly a couple dozen Dallas Burn clad maniacs to liven things up. I kinda wish we could do the train for every game.