OFFICIAL::Sept 25::Burn vs Metros [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by chazsoccer, Sep 25, 2004.

1. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well - since I can't get around the facilities at the fair I will be watching tonight's game on TV....(we won the other two times I couldn't go - so here's hoping it's a good omen)

REFEREE: Terry Vaughn. SAR (bench): Chris Strickland; JAR (opposite): Steven Taylor; 4th: Hilario Grajeda

MLS Career: 43 games; FC/gm: 31.3; Y/gm: 3.8; R: 13; pens: 12
    Games involving Burn: P7 W0 L5 T2; FC/gm: 25.7; Y/gm: 2.6; R: 2; pens: 5
    Games involving Mets: P7 W3 L1 T3; FC/gm: 30.1; Y/gm: 4.6; R: 2; pens: 4

INJURY REPORT:
    DALLAS BURN
    -
    DOUBTFUL: MD Ramon Nuñez (L knee);
    PROBABLE: MD Ronnie O'Brien (L ankle sprain) ...

METROSTARS - OUT: MD Michael Bradley (R foot stress fracture); MD Mark Lisi (R ankle sprain); MD Joselito Vaca (R knee MCL sprain);
    DOUBTFUL: MD Gilberto Flores (L ankle ruptured tendon);
    QUESTIONABLE: DF Tenywa Bonseu (L Achilles tendonitis)

INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none
    SUSPENDED: none
    YELLOW PERIL: DAL: Chris Gbandi (additional 10 CP); Clarence Goodson (10 CP in 2 gms); Milton Reyes (10 CP in 2 gms); Simo Valakari (additional 10 CP) ... MET: Amado Guevara (18 CP); Jeff Parke (19 CP)

HEAD-TO-HEAD
    ALL-TIME
    (22 meetings):
    Burn 11 wins (0 shootout), 39 goals ...
    MetroStars 10 wins (1 shootout), 29 goals ...
    1 draw

AT DALLAS (10 meetings):
    Burn 5 wins (0 shootout), 19 goals ...
    MetroStars 5 wins (0 shootout), 15 goals ...
    0 draws

2. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else watching?

Inferno sounds good - Go Go Go Dallas Burn!

JP and ? are the metrostars announcing the game for us.

Oooh Eddie Gaven mistake almost ends in a Goal by Pareja.

18th minute and still no score.

Reyes is looking dangerous on the left side :eek: Did I just say the Burn is looking dangerous on the left side??? Why, yes, yes I did. Has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

3. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steve Jolley sucks.

4. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Open FRICKIN net, and you miss! Damn you Brad Davis!

5. Valerie Simmons

Sep 2, 2000
    Burkburnett, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Halftime - wish I was there; like you Chaz, they've won the last game (when I was in the hospital. I've had enough of this cancer crap! Doing better now, but I don't think I'm going to be able to make any more games this year dang it!)

If only we could put our chances away! This is so frustrating.

6. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man - Johnny Walker was making saves he shouldn't, Brad is hating life for missing that sitter, and the Burn (aka Reyes) is dominating the left side - weird that.

The boys better step it in the second half - Wolyneik does not need another goal tonight! but we need several...

Meanwhile, around MLS, DC at Columbus just finished [result] Our friends in the state capital couldn't pull it out tonight ... Crew 1 - 0 DC[/result]

7. The Vorpal Blade

The Vorpal Blade New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    I Have
    View from the corner a minute ago looks like NOBODY on the GA side. Of course, my sorry a$$ should be there, but it's a long story. Still 40 minutes to go, c'mon BURN!

8. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toni in for Davis. Let's hope Toni gets a goal or two in this game.

9. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go Phat Toni!

Score us a goal!

I am getting tired of Gaven, Pope, Walker and Leitch....

Yellow to Glen! Don't touch Oscar you thug!!!

:mad:

10. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :mad: Stupid Fvcking Steve Jolley! :mad: Dammit! :mad: God I hate the fvcking Metrosucks! :mad:

11. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :mad:

12. The Vorpal Blade

The Vorpal Blade New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    I Have
    Crap. All over now after that big run.

13. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Jolley looked bad on the first goal, but that was a cardinal sin not to pull down Glen.

Incredibly lackluster performance, and Jason is all done. That ball that Davis put right on his feet at the six was a golden opportunity. One of a few blown opportunities for Kreis. Davis had a great chance on his right foot, but, definitely not his optimal foot, for sure.

Talley shouldn't be playing at all. I hope Goodson et.al. get their shots now.

-

14. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *sigh*

Well - the Inferno sounded good -
    even got the crowd to do the two-sided Dallas - BURN chant

in other games around MLS [result]
    DC 0 - 1 Crew final
    NE 0 - 1 fahr 70 th minute
    Met 2 - 0 burn final :(
    LA 0 - 0 SJ 31st minute [/result]

15. Harper916

Harper916 Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Lake Charles, La.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish he would have pulled him down and gotten a red card so that he would have missed next weeks game. It seems like so many of the goals scored against us, Jolley has been in the middle of it. He is really starting to piss me off.

Jason, you want to start, but what are you doing to deserve to start. Your certainly not scoring.

Man what a crappy game.

16. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot this match:
    [result]
    KC 1-0 cRapids

And an update

NE 0-2 fahr 85th min.
    SJ 0-0 LA 43rd min.[/result]

17. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Utter crap.

They don't deserve the money they are making if that is the best they can do at home in the run to the playoffs.

The crowd was listed as 7,200 fans, give or take. For that effort, that was 7000 too many.

18. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @!$%@^@*&@*&@*^%@$#%#&#(*@!!!!!!
    That sucked big time!!!
    I just knew they would put together a winning streak. I guess I should listen to Mr. Justscore when he says the only streak the fans will see is the team running naked on the field. :D
    I can't believe how bad BD10 is playing (sorry Mrs. TA) JK9 was a non factor and I was unusually disapointed with Bobby Rhine's play. Oscar seemed to tire quickly but played ok IMO. Jolley - I just don't know what to do there. Milton (IMO) was the only bright spot (note to CC - Do not let Chivas take him) OOOOAAAAHHH Jeff Cassar looked to have injured himself towards the end. The biggest factor was NO ROB - he was sorely missed and I didn't even see him on the bench. Get back soon Ronnie!!!!!

19. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I almost forgot - My parking pass (green) worked without a problem. If you have 1 left - try it next game - good luck :rolleyes:

20. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wow.

Just Wow.

This team is death without Ronnie. Anyone else wanna challenge my claim that he's MVP? Rhine Rhine Rhine, you are super sub, you had big shoes to fill tonight and you fvcked it up royally. Davis, unacceptable performance tonight. Just crap. Kreis, I think the Burn has got all they can get from you. Nhelko, you are dead weight. What was with all those wild shots?

There is a lot of dead weight on this team that needs to go... :mad: Well played ass clowns, now we're back in the cellar. Playing like tonight, we don't need to waste our time in the playoffs...

21. BigNards

BigNards Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Well, the fat lady is warming up. How sad was it to need some offensive punch tonight(really all year, but let's stick to tonight), and look over at the available subs to see Big Toni, and a bunch of inexperienced youngsters...most of which were defenders or defensive midfielders. GE needs a help wanted sign in a bad way...too late.

Seriously though...it was great to see Colin move away from the bunker once we got into the 80th minute. He is quite the risk taker.

The team was pitiful tonight...no heart. The Metro's looked like they really wanted this one, and they didn't need it. Gaven ran his tail off....Milton did have a good game. Can't really blame Jolley for the last one, given that we really were pressing at that point and got countered with a player faster than Jolley(not too hard to do). Too many big $ players(Simo, Gibbs, JK) that were invisible. It appears there really is not a leader on this team.

Props to the Inferno tonight....numbers looked good and could hear you well on the Library side.

God MLS Wrap is starting....I don't think I can take Harkes and the brilliant as well comments.

Goodnight!!! :eek:

22. ihearttheburn

ihearttheburn New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Denton/Plano, Texas
    After that first goal, I- like the rest of the team- shut down. It did get pretty painful to watch there towards the end. I didn't think we'd hurt that badly w/o Ronnie, but watching all of those balls slip past Rhine made me realize how much we take O'Brien for granted.

Bobby- your Posse loves you- but you weren't meant to play in Ronnie's position. I agree w/ Ryan- he had BIG shoes to fill.

Ooh- and the Nhleko for Davis sub? What was that??? I can normally go 3-3 on predicting the subs, but I would've NEVER called that one.

Brad must've wanted to kill himself after missing that first shot. I know all of us did.

However- as me and Amy were walking out of the Cotton Bowl with unusually long faces, a fellow fan saw us and said, "Don't worry, we'll get 'em next week."

Good God, we'd better...

23. DirtyDTown

DirtyDTown New Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dallas
    That one hurt.

As much as I hate to say this JK The King of Goals is done. I remember 3 prime chances that the JK9 of old would of buried. You can call me a homer, but I thought the Burn outplayed them in the first half. We just fell behind on a dumb play, Brad missed an absolute gift before time, and Walker was HUGE. We didn't look desperate until the last 10 minutes. Didn't understand it.

Props to The Inferno! I have brought 3 of my potnas and my wife to games this season and they have all been impressed with you guys. I'm still attempting to convert them to soccer and you guys really help. Keep it up.

We are still alive in the playoff hunt! Who knows?

24. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    O.K. so I am biased but I thought Brad looked good out there. Yes, he did "F" that one opportunity but he had like 4 good balls before that. I had a bit of a breakdown at the game after the first half and then some what recovered to come back strong for the 2nd when only to have BD taken out on a ridiculous substitution. Glad to see Toni in but we were all expecting #9 to be taken out which was the obvious FREAKING call. I again stepped a way for a while but had to come back and support my team.

In the end, not the result we all wanted but it was a fun day with Trinity Hall, the Fair, the game, and Trinity Hall again. I enjoyed my time with all of you! Thanks for being great friends. I look forward to next week at S.C.

25. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    Did anyone else notice that after the second Metros goal fans on the reserved side started leaving en masse? I've never seen people leaving early at a soccer game before. Were they showing the Burn their disappointment or were there some fair-goers there who aren't regulars at Burn games? Seemed kinda weird.