Official Saudi NSR thread.

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by EstebanGranero23, Jan 10, 2006.

1. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    *affects camp voice* I-rony!

2. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Cut down the crab will you guys!!!! Anywaz... I would like to change the topic here. Well...., Peter Velappan, the Asian Football Confederation’s general secretary, said in his latest interview on the Asian Football website that Saudi-Arabia showed good progress in both techniques and tactics compared with their disappointing campaign four years ago. But they were inconsistent in their performances in the three matches because despite playing a good opening match against Tunisia, they were totally outpowered by the European teams, Ukraine and Spain. This proved they desperately lack exposure and experiences against European opposition, taken into consideration that they don’t have any European-based players in this team. They could also improve on their mental strength.

Cross-Reference: http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060626/1/8a0z.html

Also, if you visit the Saudi-Arabian section in the official website of FIFA World Cup' 2006 then you'll will see the report prepared by FIFA on Saudi Arabia. In summary, the report says: "........Indeed the Saudis' record against European opposition makes sobering reading: they failed to win any of their eight friendlies against sides from the old continent prior to the finals and the loss to Ukraine was their sixth in seven FIFA World Cup matches against teams from Europe......"

Also I like the picture of a Saudi boy coloured with Saudi Flag allover his face, given in the report.

3. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I am totally disappointed on the reaction, if there is any, by the Muslim coutries' leaders on the Lebanon-Israel issue. They are just only wasting time in calling for cease-fire or what so ever. Almost 11 days have past now and what have seen from the Muslim countries, NOTHING!!!!!
    The Arab League, which IMO is just another bull-shit, has done nothing except for bluffing. IMO, all the Muslim organizations whether it's Arab League, OIC or what-so-ever, look bussy and do nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!........ They are just waste of time & money of the poor muslim masses!

US is fully backing Israel. US is providing time to Israel to do whatever it can thats why 11 days have past by and another week might pass too. What are the Muslim Countries doing???? They are scared!!! The don't have the guts to face the Music which the Poor Lebnanes peoples are facing!

What kind of a right do you say self-defence right is?? When Israel had and is killing and comitting genocide of poor Palestinians and Lebananese in way of defending itself, is this self-defence???? The US doctorine of Pre-emptive strikes has given Israel the green signal to attack in the name of self-defence!

After seeing the pictures of all those poor Lebananese families killed by Israel's massive air raids and bombardments, I couldn't control my emotions! The Muslim World is deep in its sleep and only Allah knows better when they will wake-up. And come to think of it, I think Israel & US has just played their part in Waking-up the Muslims!!!!!....... Only time shall be the judge of that!

4. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Most Islamic countries are weak thats the fact, Lebanon has no importance to the world, so thats why no one is reacting. If Lebanon had a better industry and stuff they could have better affect, but unfortunately not. Its just turning into Palestine, it is really sad, but just proves again who are the other terrorists. Opps, of course there is only AlQaeda and Osama bin Laden who are terrorists, Israel is 'defending' itself.

5. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In the aftermath of the terror attacks in Bombay, the investigators have found a trail which indicates that the terrorists were partly funded by certain people in Saudi Arabia. After that media here have been reporting on certain social practices in Saudi, like the one I came across below:

"In Saudi Arabia, when a person has been killed or caused to die by another, the prescribed blood money rates are as follows:

* 100,000 riyals if the victim is a Muslim man
    * 50,000 riyals if a Muslim woman
    * 50,000 riyals if a Christian man
    * 25,000 riyals if a Christian woman
    * 6,666 riyals if a Hindu man
    * 3,333 riyals if a Hindu woman.

Blood money is to be paid not only for murder, but also in case of unnatural death, interpreted to mean death in a fire, industrial or road accident, for instance."

Is this practice of blood money very common there? And what do the ordinary Saudis feel about having different rates for people of different religion. Isn't that contrary to universal botherhood?This is one of the most racist and sexist practices that I have ever come across.Worse still, it is the law of the land. Is there any widespread opposition to such a discriminatory law, by the common people in Saudi Arabia?

6. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me try to explain it to you. I might do a horrible job, but Im sure one of the guys will back me if I mess up.

Islam, Christianity and Hinduism are the three most practiced religions in Saudi.

In Islam only two other religions are accepted: Christianity and Judaism. There are barley any Jews in Saudi, there might be none. So Hindus are not considered "People of the book" as the Jews and the Christians are. That might explain it.

I think you might call this ethnocentric, but thats the way it is.

7. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dont know if I'll call it ethnocentric, but it sure is strange. For eg,Is a Saudi Christian woman (if any) less valuable to the Saudi state than an Indonesian Muslim man? Thats the impression that the law gives.

The very idea of putting a value for a human life dehumanizes the victim. But even if a value is agreed upon, the disparity in the values for different people and for different sexes is discriminatory. Imagine the plight of a family which loses a certain member to an accident. After the family deals with the grief of losing a loved one, it has to swallow its pride to accept some money that the government/law authorities say is the monetary equivalent of the person who lost his life. The persons social status, income or contribution to the society are not a factor while compensating his family, but his religion and gender are??
    Is there any resentment to this law among the Saudis or the non Saudis who reside there?

8. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Okay i am hearing this for the first time. and if its true, i dont agree with it.

9. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
  10. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    only in biblical times.

or in modern day United States.

;)

11. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  12. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  13. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  14. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

debate? OK, give me a sample of what's even remotely right about a 100 yr old marrying a 19 yr old, Im sure it wasnt consentual but atleast sharia provides widows with a portion from his will.

15. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    nice pics saudi64. I hope you have the chance to visit them soon, I have a feeling they wont last too long if some muttawas get their way

16. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    How much portion do you think would that be if the guy has like 50 sons?

Sharia could do much better! They could avoid such marraiges even happening.

17. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Guys... I am leaving to Dubai next month on my new job in Al Mashreq Bank. I was wondering if anyone of you can provide me all the necessary information regarding Dubai and nearby cities like what's the cost of living, what is the reasonable place to have an accomodation and which place will be cheaper i.e., less costly, etc.

18. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in Sharjah, which is 20 mins away from Dubai by car. The thing is that the only time you can make it in 20 mins is from 12am-5am. Every single other hour of the day it'll take you anywhere from 40 mins to 2 hrs.
    And Im sure an organization like Mashreq will provide you with an accomodation or help you to find an accomodation. But when you're coming here we can talk more. We will exchange PMs later.

19. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Congrats, now you could see Saudi Football for real, lol.

20. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Thanks. I follow all the Saudi Football matches shown on ART Sports 2 here. We only have ART Sports 2 here in Karachi.

21. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Hey, thanks. Well...., Mashreq is not providing me accomodation as it is upto me to find one within 15 days after arrival. The organization will only provide me 15 days stay in a local hotel there and I will have to find a place there within those 15 days. Don't worry, i'll find one when i'll reach there. And yes, we will meet and watch the matches together, it'll be fun.

22. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Let us continue the discussion in Saudi Nt friendlies here?

Since you live in Saudi Arabia tell me how non-saudis are treated here? And we don't hate Moroccans, or any specific arabic country.

23. Boudster

Boudster New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Dubai
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine

Its totally wrong.No way the girl was ok with it...

24. cfc_andrew

cfc_andrew New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    London, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have been to Medain Salleh, was a 2 day trip with my school when I lived in Saudi. Was really cool.

25. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I Wish All of You A Very Happy Eid Mubarak.