Official Saudi NSR thread.

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by EstebanGranero23, Jan 10, 2006.

1. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NSR: Happy 3Eid!!

I wish a happy and safe 3Eid to all of my brothers in Saudi and to those who contribute to this Forum.

2. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Re: NSR: Happy 3Eid!!

Happy Eid

Kul sana winta salem

3. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

Happy Eid. My Eid starts tomorrow though (in canada right now) But the arabs are marking their eid today:cool:

4. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

My Eid also starts tomorrow. I would like to wish all of u in Saudi Arabia and outside KSA a warm Eid Greetings.

I would also like to wish all the Saudi Soccer fans, both Arabs and Non-Arabs, "Kule Aam wa Antum Bekhair, Eid Saeed - Eid Mabbruk"!

5. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan

Happy Eid :)

6. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    I didnt know poppy sweets that are used in making halwa (indian sweet) was banned in saudiarabia. People travelling to saudi arabia should be given vouchers of what they can carry and what not.

Ignorance Is No Excuse for Breaking Law

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=76072&d=10&m=1&y=2006

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse. This was sadly illustrated to two Indian pilgrims from Gujarat. In their luggage they had 250 grams of poppy seeds (khaskhas) which resulted in their being arrested. Neither knew that the substance was banned in Saudi Arabia and both said that they had brought it for use in cooking while they were here."

Next time when i am travelling to saudiarabia i am not carrying any food;)

7. muzzamil

muzzamil Member

Dec 10, 2005
    chicago, il
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Kullu aam wa antum bhi khair:)
    taqaballah salihi amaalina:)

8. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Re: NSR: Poppy seeds used for making sweets lead to arrests

Don't worry Sahb.... the Saudi Authorities are not illiterate that they won't recognize this mixup.... soon, they will release and set-free the arrested pilgrims as they are really innocent and didn't knew that the substance was banned in KSA.
    However, it is the responsibility of the Saudi Government and Saudi Embassy as well as Counsel General in any country that they provide information regarding which substance is allowed and which is banned from bringing in the kingdom! If the pilgrims didn't knew about it then I believe that the Saudi Embassy as well as Counsel General in India is RESPONSIBLE for this ingnorance and not the poor pilgrims as they didn't knew about it till being arrested!!!

9. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

So u believe the article is wrong in saying that ignorance of the pilgrims is no excuse of breaking the law. How can the people be educated when there's no one to educate them about these laws is the question that i would have posed to the author of the article:cool:

10. Liban

Liban Red Card

Jul 24, 2003

Its not too hard to learn the laws of a foreign country, I think it should be teh pilgrim's responsibility in doing his homework.

11. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

Do you think poppy seeds would be in the top ten of the illegal things that should be not brought to saudiarabia:rolleyes: or is it even the top 100 lists.
    The simplest thing to do is that the saudis should make a list of what should not be brought to saudi arabia and hence the pilgrims could make sure that these items are not brought in saudi arabia. I guess u have to spend 8 days in prison just for making a halwa (sweet).

12. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

My friend Liban, I am sorry to say but I totally disagree with u on this matter. You probably haven't visited the South Asian Region thats why you are blamming the pilgrims otherwise, if you would have visited India, Pakistan or any country of the region then you would have realized that in this part of the world education is not abundantly available and most of the government official are corrupt. The people here hardly afford their living and acquiring education is just like Haj-e-Akbar as the standards of education vary greatly, for rich they get world standard education while the poors have either to chose education or their living as they don't have any type of moral and financial support. The pilgrims who go to Haj from this part of the world and offcourse, by the will of Almighty Allah, take years to save enough money for the journey (or you can say religious journey) of their life time. They don't have enough information and they become very excited. They are not given information from any one including their own local government or even by the Saudi Embassy or Counsel or what ever regarding what stuff to bring and what not to..... I think u should first visit this place, have a thorough look from your own eyes and then make the judgement yourself whether its the pilgrims' mistake or the mistake of the authorities including the Saudi Embassy / Counsel etc. What do u say Sahb..??

13. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

Very well said my friend:cool:

14. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Tx i think u should make this thread a sticky too:D

15. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Re: Please rate us your forum Mods - The Moderators Poll

awwwwwwwwwww ............ i think its unfair that the tagline should be the green falcons since the majority of the votes were for sons of the deserts:rolleyes: and anyways if u are looking at the actual users thing ......... home of the green falcons got 5 votes including Tx (the moderator) which i dont think should be counted.
    And the sons of the desert got 4 votes
    So infact its a tie.
    So my suggestion is open up a new poll and have only two choices
    Sons of the desert and home of the green falcons and put to vote.
    I think thats the fairest think that we should do............So Tx if u think its fair like that, plz open up a new thread with a poll indicating the two choices only stated above...................:cool:

16. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah

I cannot stand "sons of desert". No Saudi I know of, uses that description, whilst the falcons, or the greens are common nicknames. And frankly, it's not a flattering description. Awlad 9a7ra ? :rolleyes:

17. saqr

saqr New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Edinburgh-Scotland
    Happy Eid guys.

كل عام وانتم بخير

and sorry for being late. btw I'm a new member here.

18. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Welcome saqr. :D

19. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Welcome to the forum, Saqr

20. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Lol, besides Sons Of The Desert is a western nickname not a Saudi, I wished it was Home Of The Green Falcons - Kings Of Asia. But either way atleast we got our tagline which is suitable, better than the Chinese and Japanese forums.

21. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

alright guys - i guess its the home of the falcons then:cool:
    and Awlad 9a7ra means what?

22. Pescado

Pescado New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    Nice to have you with us Saqr

23. Pescado

Pescado New Member

Jul 5, 2004

Sons of the Desert :cool:

I thought you spoke Arabic :)

24. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

My bad luck was that the community where i lived in was rich and hence the saudis spoke english. damn the literacy revolution. By the way what does it mean ha7ibi:D