Official San Francisco Seals Thread

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by Alexi, May 14, 2007.

1. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yep. I am picking it up this morning ...

2. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    I will be there (driving straight from my work in Redwood City).

3. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great to hang out with everyone at the game tonight to bad the Seals lost 2-0. Had a great time tailgating Sully you are the man great job on the Q. See you all soon. Go Seals

4. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Respect to the Frogs who are a well honed side and were clearly the better of the two on the day.

It was an excellent evening at PAL as the first PDL derby unfolded and I am already looking forward to the return fixture up in the City.

Repeating Delli Alpe, Sully of the Sunset and Sangreazul did a bang up job with the tailgaiting and this really was the basis of it being such a succesful event in addition to the game itself.

It was another opportunity for me to put some more faces to names, including Alexi and Don G, and I think also DA if that was you in the Swiss jacket.

Good to hear a few chants at PAL again and may the derbies continue!

Well a lot of local games on tap of course, including a barrage of Victory home games, and then a home game for the Frogs against the incredibly well supported (for PDL level) Fresno outfit - let's hope they bring some of those fans on the road with them.

Plus it's soon time to think of the Monterrey v Preston North End road trip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Adios “soccer”, futbol esta aqui

Remembering the Glory Game. A year in the life of Tottenham Hotspur

5. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

It was a good day at the San Francisco Seals vs. San Jose Frogs game. Thanks to sullyofthesunset and sangreazul from the Seals who made the tailgate possible. The Seals had a tough game from the start. The Frogs had ball possession for most of the night, and were the quicker team. The Frogs were the dominant team, and their 2-0 win showed it. These teams still have one more game against each other this season, this time in San Francisco.

6. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Last two weekends of the season. The Seals play on both Saturday and Sunday the next two weekends.

07/14: SF Seals vs. Los Angeles Storm at Clayton Valley H.S. Game starts at 5:30pm. Hopefully those that live in the East Bay will be able to make it.

07/15: SF Seals vs. Orange County Blue Star at Negoesco (USF) Game starts at 2:00PM.

For those going to the Chelsea - Club AMERICA game on Saturay, have fun. We've had bad luck with our schedule in that Chelsea and the USMNT scheduled games the same day and times as we had. Oh well, its sort of been the story of our season ...

7. SL Benfiquista

Feb 11, 2006
    San Leandro, CA
    It wasn't Chelsea vs. America, but the Seals- L.A. Storm game was very entertaining. The match was played over in Concord.

Seals won 1-0 on a terrific free-kick from Alex Peterlin from about 20 yards out in the 2nd half. Always nice beating any teams from L.A.!

Nice turnout of just under 400 fans with Mt. Diablo Soccer League hosting the Seals as a fundraiser for their player scholarship program.

Hopefully the Seals can complete a SoCal sweep out at Negoesco at 2:00 pm today with a win over the OC Bluestar.

8. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Alex Peterlin? No way!! I played with Alex in high school. He plays at Cal Poly during the school year nowadays. I didn't know he was a free kick expert!?

9. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hopefully you will make the game today and check it out for yourself! It was a pretty sweet kick yesterday thoigh ...

10. tedwar

tedwar Member

Jun 24, 1999
    Richmond, CA-EastBay
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was an amazing free kick by Peterlin. Very nicely taken.

Man, was it hot out there, tho. At least it seemed that way to this resident of western Contra Costa, where the fog rolls in.

I felt awful for the teams and refs out there on that field turf in that heat. What did the teams and refs do at halftime, as I didn't see any locker rooms, per se?

I know this question should be directed to the Mount Diablo people, but I should also say that we in the stands could have used more than just one porta-potty and no sinks (says the guy who brought the U-10 team I'm the asst coach of, and my 3 year old, so take it for what it's worth).

However, I am very excited I finally got a Seals scarf and will display it proudly.

Tony

11. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Tony, was that you that bought the scarf and the seals t-shirt for your son? I wish I would have known it was you to say hi!

The locker rooms were way back in the school and neither team wanted to make the trek back and forth as neither did the refs. That's one of the logistical problems that we encounter when we go to facilties that we are not familair with and are at the mercy of the local facility manager.

For the most part, the youth club seemed happy with the fundraiser and have expressed interest in doing another one next season. We would have had more people, but apparently some of the youth coaches took their teams to the Club America - Chelsea match instead.

Thanks for bringing your team and suporting the Seals!

12. tedwar

tedwar Member

Jun 24, 1999
    Richmond, CA-EastBay
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was me, thanks sangreazul, and thanks for the info about the locker rooms, sounds not fun at all. By that point of the day, I have to confess, my patience with my boys was running a little thin, so I apologize if I wasn't too conversational at that time.

I need to keep bugging the leadership of my league to get in touch with you guys.

Tony

13. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Seals beat Orange County today 3-1 at Negoesco. Finally we put a string of wins together.

Thanks to the lads at the Pig and Whistle who ended up buying a bunch of Seals sweatshirts, t-shrits, and scarves. That's what this is all about which is supporting your local soccer team and making new friends a long the way. Hope to see you guys and gals next weekend!

Next wekend is the last weekend for the PDL season (unless you make the palyoffs, which we didn't.)

07/21 Seals vs. Fresno Fuego at Negoesco. Game time 4:00pm
    07/22 Seals vs. San Jose Frogs at Negoesco. Game time 4:00pm.

Be nice to not only end the season with a couple of wins.

14. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From today's game. Nice to finally catch the Seals again, especially between seeing yesterday's Chelsea/America friendly and a pool party at the Phoenix Hotel at Eddy and Larkin (no pics of the painted babes and they looked too stuck up so mostly DJs and some newlyweds):

[​IMG]

I'm still adding some more, between the soccer and party pics.

Enjoy!

15. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This Saturday (7/21) and Sunday (7/22) will see the Seals finish their season at home against two contenders. Each team needs to beat the Seals to have a chance for the playoffs. Both matches will be played at USF Negoesco Stadium[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif], and will start at 4:00pm.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]And if you're a Seals fan, you can get in for FREE![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This Sunday (July 22nd) is the[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] final match of the 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] season, and while we particularly want to encourage all our fans to come to this match, we just want a great crowd there to show our visitors this weekend what a great place San Francisco is for soccer! Here is what you need to do for free entrance to the matches this weekend:[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wear your Seals gear to the match and get in free![/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buy ANY single Seals merchandise item at the gate, no matter WHAT the price is, and get in free! [/FONT]
    3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ANY San Francisco youth player for ANY San Francisco league (like Mission, Vikings, etc) who wears their jersey to the game gets in free, and can bring one free guest.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can't make the game on Sunday? The above offer stands good for Saturday's match as well![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't have the gear, but just want to come to the game and enjoy some good soccer? Use the coupon at the bottom of this Newsletter for a $3 discount PER TICKET purchased. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two great matches this weekend - be there![/FONT]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]And thanks for being a Seals FAN! [/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]www.oursfseals.com[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    [/SIZE]

16. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I work on Sundays so this Saturday will be my only chance to check out the Seals. Have to go to the SF Dragons Lacrosse game beforehand but hopefully I can make it for the whole Seals match.

Come on you Seals!

17. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  18. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Let's go Seals!!!

19. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wish I could be there today but I will be there tomorrow. Best of luck to Seals today. Lets play spoilers all weekend lads.

Go Seals!

20. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good time at the Seals game on Saturday. Unforunately the red card put the team at a disadvantage but all in all a great time watching the game with the perfect weather.

Hope tomorrow the Seals get the win!

Sully thanks for the grub! Ever make it to the Pig and Whistle?

21. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Seals lost 3-1 today to Fresno which allowed Fresno win the division title and also killed any hopes for the Frogs to gain a playoff spot.

Tomorrow's game against San Jose will be for pride. Game is at 4:00pm at USF. Thanks to DeeDougie and the other Victory fans for coming out and supporting us.

I also wanted to add that the Seals will be hosting a season ending bbq after the game against the Frogs where players and fans are more encouraged to attend. Although we will not charge for this, we do strongly encourage any donations that people can contribute.

Donations will go to the non profit organiszation Soccer without Borders

www.soccerwithoutborders.org

We will be honoring the founder of the project, current Seals players Ben Gucciardi, with a special halftime presentation.

Any donations collected tomorrow will go to his foundation and his efforts to promote the game of soccer and make a difference in people's lives.

22. sullyofthesunset

San Francisco Glens
    Jun 7, 2006
    San Francisco

Doug we did finally get to the Pig and Whistle. I am sorry if you left because we were so late. Taking down all the stuff took longer than I expected. We all got there about five minutes before Beckham went in. The P&W has an awesome big screen. I recognized the bartender from being in the crowd at the last Victory game against Atlanta. He told me they were watching the game on Friday against PR and will be watching it again this week on Friday.
    Again I apologize if I screwed up your watching of the emergence of Beckham era in MLS. I hope you make it tomorrows final PDL game in the Bay Area for the season. Unfortunately its only for pride. The Seals loss to Fresno actually killed the Frogs chance to make the playoffs. I would like updates texted to me of the Victory-Miami game on USLlive.com I think the game will be over before the end of the Seals game, being it stars an hour earlier. If you want come on down after the Vics game and catch the end of the game and BBQ at USF. That's to all the 1906, you are more than welcome.

23. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Sully,

We were there for the first half at the Pig and Whistle but we had to book after that. Thanks for the dogs after the game! Have to work today but hopefully I can catch the tail end or maybe see you guys at the Pig and Whistle after the game tonight

I was taking with one of the bartenders at the PW and he said he had a good time at the Vics game last Tuesday and watched the game. Think we got a new Victory fan!

24. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    Have fun at the game, guys.
    I can't make it, unfortunately (still have a lot of work to do)

Hopefully, The Seals will be able to smash frogs. Just imagine what would happen to a frog if a seal jumped on it?
    That's what should be expected!

25. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the Frogs trumped the Seals today off two goals. There was a trip in the box which was called for a PK but the Seals could not capitalize.

Nice postgame cookout to close the season, and a few of the Frogs fans were able to make the trip.

While the Victory's future can only be taken a day at a time, it's safe to say at this point both the Seals and Frogs will be back next year--mostly for the college players to compete and retain NCAA eligibility.

Knock yourselves out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]