Official Sales & Loans of Players for Next Season

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
  2. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: Bellion is the second one out the door.

Good bye the new errrrnnnneeeeeee , I will always remember you for your goal vs the arse and that goal vs bolton and that’s all I have ..ta ta ta:rolleyes:

3. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Damn, I thought he would turn into the new Henry. :( Always liked this guy, although he was ********ing expensive.

4. Jay44

Jay44 Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Starkville, MS

I wonder how much did we get for him? Not surprised at 23. Plus it seems Rossi and some others where higher in the pecking order.

I doubt that the lost of Bellion and Fortune will signal a spending spree. Just clearing room for some of the youth players to step in.

5. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Really? :D

6. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well he was extremely fast and could dribble decent (don't quote me on that one) and had a good shot... I don't see why he couldn't have become something better with luck.. apparently he didn't have the right luck.

7. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I heard quite a few people say exactly the same thing so you're not alone. *shrug* Just never saw anything quite that remarkable ahead of him myself.

I did think he could have been better than he became in his time here, perhaps becoming an impact player off the bench and using his pace to stretch the weary legs of defenders late in the game and maybe being the 4th choice striker in some kind of rotation system.

On the face of it, 8 goals in 40 apperances isn't that bad either especially when many of those appearances were off the bench and not all were up front.

Oh well, farewell Super-Bellion man.

8. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia

Two down, three (Miller, O'Shea & Silvestre) to go...

9. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

Thats what I want to know. Whats Fergie going to do with Oshea and or Fletcher.

10. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I am going to go out on the limb and say both Oshea and fletcher are going to be around next year in matter of fact i am about 99% sure of it

11. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!

I think these additional players from the 1st team periphery are gone in the summer.

Howard
    Silvestre
    Fletcher or O'Shea
    Miller
    possibly Richardson as well

12. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

I think Eagles may stay with Watford on a permanent. Just have that feeling.

13. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia

If they get promoted (they can't do so automatically anymore, but are in definitely the playoffs), the smartest thing for us to do would be to loan them Foster & Eagles for one more year and see how they do. If they both perform very well, then we have our backup and potential successor to VDS (if Howard leaves), as well as a good young winger to try out - for free.

14. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think that O'Shea has played himself back into the periphery of the team over the past couple of months. He's certainly not great, but he's proven to SAF that he can be useful.

15. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!

And Fletch?

16. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

I think he played himself out of the periphery. Hestarted well, but kind of went mediocre, then got rested, then wasnt the same. Now he has a small knock, and hasnt gotten a game since Bolton.

17. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Howard Yes
    Silvestre Yes
    Flectcher/Oshea NO
    Miller Yes
    Richardson - no

Howard - i can see him leaving with foster and steele starting to groom into decent keepers i can see one of them being the back up and howard going to everton or a club like that .

Silvestre - when we got Vidic and Evra it was the sign to me that Silvestre was out of the door. right now we have solid back four and a quality back up in each spot and kinda leaves silvestre as the odd man out

Flecther and oshea ...like i said in my last replay they are both going to be in the team next year; the only thing i could maybe see is fletcher go out on loan - maybe

Miller Yes but i still say give him one last chance and if he doesn’t now work out then sell him in Jan

Richardson I cant stand his attitude but with him being young and he does have some talent i can see him around for at least one more year

18. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia

I hate the fact that we might keep himbecause of this. He did the exact same thing last year after being very poor earlier in the season, and then went on to be unthinkably horrible for the first 6-7 months of this season. He doesn't seem to put in any effort until he realises his job is on the line.

19. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He's Scottish. Duh. :D

But in all seriousness, I don't think there will be a large scale clearout this season. Fortune is leaving and Silvestre hopefully is, but as we've seen with the sale of Phil Neville, its often a bad idea to sell players just because you think they're expendible. Within less than a year, we dumped him, Dj2, and Kleberson from the CM position. It'd be a bad idea to make the same mistake this year, or to do so with any other position (for the "sell Saha while his stock is high" folks).

20. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

Fletcher may be kept on now that I read that post. For depth especially.

21. 50 Euro

50 Euro Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Washington, DC

My thoughts as well...:cool:

22. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I worry about the Fletch. His time may have passed. To his benefit, he's homegrown so it doesn't cost much to keep him around. Using 22 as the desired squad size next season, here's how it looks to me:

VDS
    Howard (or some other back-up)
    Neville
    Brown
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Heinze
    Evra
    Ronaldo
    Giggs
    Park
    Scholes
    O'Shea
    Jones
    Mr. Pink
    Van Nistelrooy
    Rooney
    Saha
    Smith
    Solskjaer
    Rossi

On the bubble:
    Silvestre - may depend on if Bardsley or Pique is ready
    Fletcher - depends on purchases this summer
    Richardson - same as Fletcher

Likely gone:
    Miller

Gone:
    Fortune
    Bellion

More reserves:
    Pique

23. tony566

tony566 New Member

May 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY

Intresting. Dark, have you heard on where Howard may go? I would love to see him back in the States

24. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, I mean not to get this too far off topic (then again, how much can be said about Bellion to begin with?) but next year I expect that CM depth chart to look something like:

CM1
    Fletcher
    CM2
    Smith (once he returns)
    O'Shea

Scholes is a wildcard in all of this because we genuinely have no idea what his situation is. I recall a few months ago someone in the profession posted here that his case may be similar to what originally forced Kirby Puckett to retire, and that would be a big problem for his future if true.

25. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia

Alright, this has strayed a little off the subject of Bellion, so I made a thread about ins, outs & whatnot (no it's not the transfer thread ;)).