Official Romanian Related News Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Romania' started by darylgrove79, Apr 27, 2006.

1. darylgrove79

darylgrove79 New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    According to this the National Bucharest players will be getting a lie detector test to make sure they're giving 100%. Is this crazy or a good idea???

2. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Gica Craioveanu to retire

i just found an this article on gica and how he plans to retire at the end of the season

Getafe's Romanian striker Gica Craioveanu said on Thursday he will retire at the end of the season.

"I am proud to have played at this club and to have seen how far it has come," Craioveanu, 38, told a news conference.

"I hope the last two home games against Villarreal and Cadiz go well so that I can have a good send-off from the fans, who have given me so much in my four years here."

Craioveanu moved to Spain to join Real Sociedad in 1995 before transferring to Villarreal in 1998. He signed for Getafe in 2002 and helped them achieve promotion to the Primera Liga for the first time in 2004.

3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Alright, since we have a bunch of new threads being started for several small news stories, from now on, let's start posting them up here.

You can post anything Romania - related, whether it's club news, players news, retired player news, etc..

4. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
  5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. Gavri

Gavri New Member

May 11, 2006
    Can somebody of you confirm that Zenga's girlfriend Raika told in tabloid Star that Belgrade is the ugliest city,dirtty city ect...

8. Edgar

Edgar Member

A few mistakes :)

1. She's his wife.
    2. Her name is Raluca.
    3. Well, I don't read the "Star" tabloid so I wouldn't really know what she said about Belgrade. Altough, I found an interview in another magazine - "Story".

"I can't say I don't like it here, but I can't say I want us to stay in Belgrade for a long time. I was impressed by the Danube and Sava bridges. I think Belgrade has the potential to become a very beautiful city."

9. Edgar

Edgar Member

Romanian Supercup: Champion vs. Cup Winner

Steaua Bucuresti - Rapid Bucuresti 1 - 0

10. Edgar

Edgar Member

Ze Kalanga (Angola) joins Dinamo Bucuresti -> uefa.com. He was part of the Angolan WC squad. He has played 241 minutes for Angola at the WC.
    Also, Leo Lerinc (Serbia) has signed for the 'Red Dogs'.

11. Edgar

Edgar Member

3 teams are without coach after round 9 of Liga I: Farul Constanta (Momcilo Vukotic), Universitatea Craiova (Ovidiu Stanga) and FC Vaslui (Gigi Multescu).

12. Edgar

Edgar Member

Stefan Stoica is the new coach of Universitatea Craiova.

13. Edgar

Edgar Member

Dan Petrescu is the new coach of Unirea Urziceni.

14. Edgar

Edgar Member

FC Arges's coach Giuseppe Giannini was sacked yesterday after the team registered its 9th consecutive loss.

15. Gavri

Gavri New Member

May 11, 2006
    Hi.Can i ask you somth.Is Steaua in private ownership?

16. Edgar

Edgar Member

Yes. It is owned by George Becali (also known as 'Gigi' Becali.)

17. Edgar

Edgar Member

Dorinel Munteanu leaves CFR Cluj. He may go to FC Arges. Possible replacements for Munti: Boloni, Bergodi or Andone.

18. Edgar

Edgar Member

Jiul's coach, Florin Marin, quits after the home defeat against Pandurii.

19. Edgar

Edgar Member

Cartu is no longer coach at FCU Politehnica Timisoara, after the 1 - 0 loss against Pandurii Targu Jiu.

20. Edgar

Edgar Member

Alin Artimon replaces Cartu at FCU Politehnica Timisoara.

Former international Jean Vladoiu leaves second division FC Snagov to replaces Marin Duna at FC National Bucuresti. National are 15th in the standings with 9 points from 12 matches, 6 points from 14th place - Universitatea Craiova.

21. Edgar

Edgar Member

Lazlo Boloni - new Hungarian NT coach.

22. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  23. Edgar

Edgar Member

Jean Vladoiu quits as coach of National Bucuresti after 6 matches in charge.

24. Edgar

Edgar Member

Sorin Cartu takes over at FC National Bucuresti.