News: Official: Ricardo Clark Signed by Dynamo

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Art Vandaley, Jul 28, 2012.

1. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "coach" is Dom? He has a son in college? I know he has younger kids, I didn't know he had a college-age son.

2. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A coach.

3. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok....

4. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must be SenorCool's secret love-child from his affair with Mia Hamm.

5. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If MLS is so much better, why is DeRosario and King of the Reserves Wondo still lighting up the league? These are players we had in 2006 and they are still the best.

I think people over-rate the impact of DPs on the overall quality of the league. It may be slightly better, but not that much.

The_Ponce, jvilla07 and troutseth repped this.
  6. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I am not so sure a whole lot of folks are slagging on Camargo. There is a simple recognition that 200k is real expensive in this league for a bench player. So, if (and it is an IF) Dom stays with the 4-3-3 and Rico looks good, you essentially have Camargo on the bench at a high salary. With Rico, OBG, and Davis there is nowhere to put him. However, if Dom goes back to the 4-4-2 he starts up top and you have Davis, Camargo, Rico, and OBG. His future after this year I think will depend on the formation moving forward and Rico's form.

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I thought Boniek looked good up top. I wouldn't mind seeing a front line of Carr, Bruin, and Boniek with Rico, Davis, and Camargo in the middle.

cfig and Levy2k6 repped this.
  8. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They darn well better parade him out to a full house right before kick off to present him with his new shirt and number.

That'll get the BBVA rocking !!!

9. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    THat could bite them if Cameron deal falls through and they end up not finalizing Clark.

10. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course. I'd only want it done if it was a done deal. If not, no worries.

11. cfig

cfig Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like Boniek out wide up top, I think he may be more dangerous there than in midfield because of his pace. With our current roster he probably slots in better in the midfield but I think the lineup you mention definitely has some potential.

12. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    i can see why you would like that lineup but man ,Kandji would be left out and with what he isshowing i cant see that happening.

13. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will return to dual competitions soon, chance to mix n match our starters and bench. Looking forward to it actually.

The_Ponce and troutseth repped this.
  14. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    while true that Kandji needs minutes. in a switch back to a 4-4-2, the wide left spot would be filled by one Bradley Joseph Davis. i can live with that.

15. cfig

cfig Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, but Kandji has yet to show that he can perform over a extended period of time. I hope he proves me wrong :)

16. palmeiras59

palmeiras59 New Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Dom seems to prefer Moffat to Camargo, probably for his scrappy ability to destroy plays. I'd rather see Camargo with his playmaking ability.

anderson repped this.
  17. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The NBCSports announcer "Clark will slide into the starting XI immediately for Moffat." I don't think he realizes how this works.

18. Major Major

Major Major Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Colorado
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS isn't better by a wide margin, but the quality has been going up year over year. What was a good DM 5 years ago might be just a run-of-the-mill DM today. We also do not know how Clark has progressed since he spent two full years barely getting any games and he hasn't been playing at an incredibly high level. We have no idea whether he will be good, bad, or anything in between. I think it is better to temper excitement about it until we actually can see if he fits into the team, despite him being a former Dynamo.

Very cute.

19. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I read the situation Clark is signed and joining the Dynamo no matter what happens with Cameron. If Cameron deal goes through then no one else has to be moved. If Cameron rejoins the Dynamo then some other player would be moved.

20. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dynamo are playing a 4-5-1. My point is not to convince others to call it that, but to point out that you can't have enough good solid MF players. Especially with the congested fall schedule.

I don't have any intelligence on this -- but I'd be surprised if Camargo is not solidly in the short and long-term plans of Kinnear. I think Kinnear realizes that todays bench player is tomorrow's starter. We have been damn lucky with injuries this year (knock on wood). It might not last forever (knock on wood again).

I consider 200k a damn good price for a player of Camargo's ability.

Remember, Camargo was a huge catalyst in the 2011 run into and through the playoffs. I see him playing just as good this year -- the Dynamo are just deeper this year so minutes are spread thinner.

21. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Rico will be at practice Sunday morning 9:30 - 11AM

22. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hainault and carr not so much, but kandji and ashe... awesome night.
    mac looks huge at LB but you could tell he doesnt like that spot... still good hustle and great elbows.:whistling:
    i thought that shot after the whistle was going to cost him a yellow.. :eek:
    maybe its just me but it seems like boniek prefers the left center mid and davis the right.. is that like a left footed winger on the right wing kinda tact? worked for the second goal with mac crossing with his right. davis no look passes with his left to carr running that right was very very cool...so fast...
    anyways.. to me its a 451 defending 433 attacking.

get your beards ready!!!

23. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    imma ask baby jesus (not jee-sus but hay-zeus) to bless rico with instant form and ferocity.
    ohh, and world peace;)

24. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    If there is one man out there to deliver a message of world peace, that man is Ricardo Clark.

camicia arancione repped this.
  25. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if I can book my hotel to Morocco already? I know it's over a year and a half away, but I still need to get it down before all the Dynamo fans take away the best spots.