News: Official: Ricardo Clark Signed by Dynamo

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Art Vandaley, Jul 28, 2012.

1. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Darrell Lovell tweets that Rico will be in the stadium to watch tomorrow's game -- and will be able to train with the team.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  2. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    I am so excited about this. If he's better than Moffat, he starts. If not, he's depth. Great news all around.

3. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    that is the burning question-how much has Rico dropped or how good is Moffatt really? Gotta love the drama. Regardless, seems like a win/win.

4. DavidLikesToWin

Apr 30, 2012
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I can't imagine Rico is not still as good as he was before. I mean in his return to the national team recently he looked good.

5. BerlinTexas

BerlinTexas Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Awesome news. This will put real pressure on Camargo to play up to his potential or make plans to head back to Brazil. His cap figure is way too high to be a bench player. I'm sure it will take a few weeks for Rico to get back to fitness but he's an excellent player. A midfield tandem of Boniek/Clark/Davis is going to be scary good.

ra azua, metroag and JC507 repped this.
  6. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    This is a good point. With Carr up top and in form OBG has moved back leaving one spot for Camargo, Moffat, Creavalle, and Rico. Obviously Creavalle can play elsewhere and is cheap so this could be the final year for Camargo or Moffat.

Unless Don goes back to 4-4-2....then all are safe.

7. Major Major

Major Major Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Colorado
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly not incredibly chuffed about Clark. He is alright, but he has struggled to get 10 games/season over the last three years. He was a starter in a dreadful Stabaek side, and he turns 30 next season. I know he is a former Dynamo, but I cannot see him being more than added depth or another in a long list of mediocre DMs.

We shall see, though. Maybe he will defy my expectations.

8. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Rico Clark is one of my all-time favorites. I'm pretty happy right now.

9. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    well this is where our coach seems to be making his legacy. Not only does he recognize talent in the draft,ie Cameron,Cravelle,others,,,,he also is making a reputation for getting mediocre talent to rise and former talent to get back to where they were.... if nothing else this is why we have a great coa ch.

and i am one who was somewhat critical last year . One thing for sure Dom has calmed all my fears and concerns from lasts year. He has put together a roster with true depth. He has switched formations which has made us more explosive, and plugged the holes in our defense. He found Taylor who now is one of our most important players with Cameron being gone,He got Moffat and look how much he has helped. We are in great shape and in good hands boys and girls and when you are in a place where you are choosing between Camargo,Moffat and Rico you are in a good place for MLS.
    and just look at Mac Kandji. I bet if you asked him about Dom right now he would say Dom Kinnear hung the moon.

I am almost positive that Clark will get back with Dom and become a beast again. 30 is still young.

DNez2001 and cfig repped this.
  10. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But I thought I had read somewhere that Clark hates Dom, as do Wondo, Oduro, Stuie, and all the others. I'm so confused now.

ra azua repped this.
  11. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Man, you got it all wrong! None of those guys are Mexicans!!! Dom hates Mexicans, and they hate Dom!:eek:

12. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for clearing that up, but I swear I read that Clark hates Dom. Don't remember where I read that 1....

13. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    shhh, the insider said that its such a secret that even rico doesnt know...

14. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is going to be better than Moffat. Moffat will have his games, but game in and game out Rico is better. Rico is as good as when he left. He may need a little time to adjust, but he played for the USMNT earlier in the year so he cant have fall that far. As for his age, I believe as he gets older and his quality drops, he can move into a CB position.

BTW what is is jersey going to say? R. Clark?

15. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At training yesterday I thought it was funny, Dom was yelling out last names of players but said "Collin Clark." I had to check to see if there was another one yet. Guess he was just practicing.

16. DavidLikesToWin

Apr 30, 2012
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think his jersey should say Rico

17. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I think it should say Suave

anderson, Levy2k6 and metroag repped this.
  18. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

19. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Surely EB or TA has made this into a chant for him?

20. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you follow or watch the Dynamo from 06-09? Best XI 2006, All-star 06-07. Was very good in 08-09 as well. "Mediocre" is not a word I would use to describe his history with the Dynamo.

Now, it is a few years later but Rico has to have a few more good years in him unless injuries have robbed him of skills and speed, but I haven't seen him play enough in Germany to make that call.

21. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    - R. Clark is one of the best DCMs in the history of MLS. His European adventure didn't work for who knows why. He was a major contributor at Frankfort until he suffered an injury and then never regained his position with the team. I saw him play in one of his last appearances for Frankfort and he was steller.

Does that mean he is a sure thing on his return? No such thing as sure things.

- Camargo: I just cannot disagree more with the slagging on Camargo. Camargo is a super important contributor to this team's success. I don't know what you guys expect out of him. I guess flashiness and statistics. But that is not his game. However, he is still the best technical player on a team that is now pretty damn technical. He sees the game wonderfully. He plays out of tight spaces beautifully. He handles the ball beautifully. He is fast. And he moves off the ball as well if not better than any player on the team. He is THE MAN for our team to play through because he sees the game so well going forward. It is no coincidence that Davis is much more productive now that Camargo is seeing more of the field. Camargo makes everyone around him better.

One of the coach's sons has been standing with me up in the Pres' Club. He plays CM for his college team. When he told me that -- I told him "You must enjoy watching Camargo play." He nodded his head and said "Oh Yeah."

Caddman, anderson, JC507 and 1 other person repped this.
  22. Major Major

Major Major Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Colorado
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even 4-5 years ago, MLS was worse than it is today. There is no certainty that Rico will be anything more than mediocre in the league. Then again, I have been wrong and I will be wrong in the future so don't take my word as being solid.

23. DavidLikesToWin

Apr 30, 2012
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Okay. We won't.

JC507 repped this.
  24. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    He was just called up this year for national duty. Mediocre players don't get called up. He's still good.

25. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    M. Orozco Fiscal disagrees with this.