News: Official: Ricardo Clark Signed by Dynamo

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Art Vandaley, Jul 28, 2012.

1. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House
    Not only do I have a Richard Mulrooney shirt, I also have the only Dynamo Abe Thompson jersey left!

TX Bill repped this.
  2. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Costly jersey's are on sale pretty cheap at Soccer4All. I may pick one up just in case.

3. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This came up in another thread. There is a guy who has the last name Thompson and got a personalized jersey for himself that wears it to games.

4. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    likr TX Bill-I also got that STH with Richie's name on it. And I have an '08 away with #30 on it-truth be told I got it just for the FCD match since we traded for him the week before. In fact that jersey started a bit of ruckus at PHP when I went to get a beer and someone called him a Dallas reject and I mentioned that he felt the same way about their team.

Richie was a great dude off the pitch. I remember talking to him for a while at a reserve match about his knee (I was going to have the same surgery) so we compared notes-he told me to get "in match shape". hehe-I said brother, don't let my looks deceive you.

We also talked about our kids-I think he was trying to figure out how to take his infant son at the time to Memphis to visit his family so he asked how I did it with a 2 and 3 yr old at the time-I said I flew to MD and his eyes got huge and was like-whoa-how did that go? I told him we are banned from flying SW until our children get to middle school. Pretty funny. We actually just kind of sat and talked about kids and Kingwood (I think either he lived up there or his wife worked up there or something)-just a regular dude like the rest of us. The kind of guy you could sit and have a brew with.

5. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    there are lot of those jerseys with fans' names on it. The team gives those things away like candy-STH promo stuff like STH of the match/year, etc. Some prick told me wife at the opener-"why did you get one with your name on it? That's gay!"

So she said-"I don't know, when Brian Ching hands you a jersey at a press conference with local media there you just shake his hand and take photos for the local reporters." That shut him up pretty quickly.

I love my wife.

6. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to know: If you wear your own name on a team jersey it is an indication of sexual orientation.

7. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Hate to be THAT guy...but can we stop posting Richie Mulrooney stories in the "Rico possibly coming back" thread! It's one of those things where I keep clicking on it thinking there's news about Rico, only to find someone explaining that Richie was cool and there's a guy named Thompson with a shirt. :mad: Whether Mr. Thompson is homosexual or not I have no idea, or interest. But either way it doesn't belong here.:confused:

JC507 and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  8. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

did I ever tell you about the time Rico.....

9. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did I ever tell you about the time that I bumped into Richard and his wife at a Taco Cabana on our way back from a game in dallas, and when he saw my Dynamo Jersey, he asked "When are you going to put a No. 8 on that Jersey?".

I wonder what happened to Richard. Is he working somewhere?

10. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House
    I remember when Dre, Dr Ludicrous, Mabeuf, Pepe, some guy we met in the parking lot named Art Vanderley and I were in New York, or New Jersey, when we met Ricardo Clark's family. They were amazed that a bunch of us flew up for the game.

I also remember meeting the sister of Chris Armas at the game, and let me tell you something, BABY HAD BACK!

jvilla07 repped this.
  11. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That was a great trip and times...seems so long ago. Your expensive ass cab ride from JFK, getting pissed drunk in Manhattan, staying at the Y in Central Park and getting offered a "complimentary" stabbing from some boludo (thus the policy for not mixing with opposite team supporters or drunk groups)! Great times. Rico's family was pleased/surprised about the support from Houston.

12. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Ok please stop it with all of the non-Rico discussion in here. I keep getting disappointed when I click this thread.

cougarclaws repped this.
  13. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    thread derailed-my job is done here. once it gets going it's like a bum rush.

like I said-the guy was a prick

I thought this happened to Web?

ok-in all seriously for footy and Devin, back on topic.-Feasibly, how quickly can this transaction happen? And is Rico in any sort of match shape? When was the last time he played. CCL is coming up quickly and we are going to need the reinforcements.

14. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston

He played for Stabæk in July. He seems like the type of guy that wouldn't need a whole lot of time to get into game shape anyway.

15. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of food, there used to be a Thai place on Westheimer past Wilcrest that had an autographed Rico USMNT jersey. It was pretty sweet. The place closed down, but I wonder what happened to the jersey.

16. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    OFFICIAL!
    Mark Berman

Dynamo pres. Chris Canetti tells FOX 26 Sports he has signed free agent midfielder Ricardo Clark who played for Dynamo from '06-09

anderson, cfig and Caddman repped this.
  17. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta love Mark Berman. If Houston had a synchronized swimming team, he'd be getting scoops for them too.

anderson repped this.
  18. tonyg1978

tonyg1978 Member

May 30, 2012
    SUPER BOWL!!

19. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    can he play tomorrow!

20. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    1. Love that it was Canetti who signed him per Berman. No ego.
    2. How do they announce it now? Do they have an either/or deal worked out depending on GC work permit or do they already know WP decision?
    3. If they have deal without work permit decision does that mean we still retain Geoff Cameron's cap space to get someone else from within MLS?

21. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

you and I think so much alike it's scary.

Where is Rico right now? Is he in this hemisphere?

22. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    See my post in salary thread. Most likely pending WP....Actually almost certainly.

23. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Probably not official until Monday

24. cfig

cfig Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a) Awesome.
    b) Is the release of Recio coinicidental to Rico's signing or was that done to open up a roster spot?