Official Quakes Gossip Thread...

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by SoccrGirl4, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    However, Ian Russell has a significant other from what I've seen and heard. I can substantiate that, but personally, their thing. Don't care for the player wives either.

As I mentioned to a few of the guys--all I care about is hanging out before the game, seeing the game, getting a high five after a win be from Joe or any other player, and taking off.

I can tell you any of the interesting things that go on post game, be the Quakes or even the Rays, but all I'm going to say is they announce the post game parties, check it out, and see for yourself.

As for me, I'd rather hang out with the lads say hi to the players and that's it. I can tell you that it hasn't been like the fan chases I've seen in the past but really, it's all about the game.

2. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    I understand where you're coming from and I think thats great, but you have to see where some of us are coming from too. :) We're teenagers who love the game of soccer, and are thrilled to have a great time in our area with good-looking players. We just get excited about it all, so bear with us if we tend to annoy you. :) How/Where do they announce the post game parties? I've never heard/seen them do that....

3. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    I meant a great TEAM not time... :) sorry about that, but I'd love to hear about anything interesting if you ever have the time!

Does the team normally go out after afternoon games? This is my last game before I leave for college...no good! :(

Babyblues410@aol.com

4. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They will be hanging out at one of the Brits after the game. Since the restaurant will be open, all are welcome. It's after a night game that the underage groups don't get in since they stop serving food and it becomes a 21 and up bar. If you arrive before 10:00 pm, they will let you stay but they will strictly enforce the no-alcohol rule.

It's hard to predict which one they will go, but for the most part it's been the Almaden. Downtown opened up a few months ago and they switched to there in order to drum up business but it's been doing surprisingly well so they switched back to the Almaden.

5. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    Thanks Nap! :) I know that most of the Quakes fans get irritated when us teenagers invade the board, so I'm trying to keep the sterotypical postings (ie Landon) to that thread only. I've been a fan since Doyle played because he trained my team, but I've only recently jumped on the bandwagon, so obviously I respect all of you people a lot! :) But thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

6. RUBY223

RUBY223 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Sunnyvale
    From what I heard it's suppose to be at the Downtown Brit this Saturday. :( I think I prefer the Almaden though.

7. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    Ruby- 1 more thing! :) Meaning that the players will be at that one? IS there an address because I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've been to the Almaden one but apparently they won't be there! Thanks again.

8. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are 5 Brits.

One is in Soquel, the other is in Monterey--went past there on a business trip 2 years ago but didn't get a chance to hang there.

There is another one in Cupertino right where it borders San Jose.

The two in San Jose are the ones to keep an eye out for. One is in Almaden right off the 85 and 87 interchanges.

The other one just opened up in downtown and is in close proximity to the Arena and Spartan. I prefer to go there for its location.

9. RUBY223

RUBY223 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Sunnyvale
    It's on Santa Clara Street in/by San Pedro Square. I'm sure you'll see it. And a good source has informed me that the post-game party will be at the downtown Brit...unfortunately. :( But as an fyi, not all the players go to these post-game parties.

10. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I saw Scott Bower with a fine-ass chick either late last season or early this season.....we are talkin waaaaaaay hot! She was blonde but I guess that goes without saying. :D

11. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's basically what I see each time the Quakes hang out post game.

:D

12. RUBY223

RUBY223 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Sunnyvale
    Ok, I have the address:

173 W. Santa Clara Street :)

13. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    Nap and Ruby...thanks again for all your help! And LDB...thanks for adding some more entertainment! Maybe we'll see you guys there on Saturday!

14. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know the one you are talking about, and I will have to heartily concur in your judgment. Without a doubt!!!:D

15. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The lady is not only beautiful, she is a very nice person. I had an extended conversation with her a couple of weeks ago. From Hawaii. They met at the U of Washington.

16. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    well as long as she's nice to people she's ok by me! :) lol even if that means he's not so single anymore...i can live if he's with a nice person!

17. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say that is the case. I do everything possible to keep the personal scoop off the boards--only soccer.

Remember his mom lurks the boards...

Nice fellows if you tell me...

18. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I find it a privilege to see all the goings on, there are many reasons why I don't like to say what's going on and rather if you see it and experience it you just enjoy it.

It would be akin to volunteering a lot of corporate secrets online. I'd rather talk about what I see at the game, not what they do offline. I'll talk about practice but only if it's game related.

If anyone wants to see the players as if they are Leonardo DiCaprio that's fine. Also, be aware that the players do lurk the boards as well so they can gauge what we the fans are thinking.

Cheers!

19. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    He went to U of Washington? I have a good friend going there to play soccer. But yah if Ian's mom really does come on here, she should know that her son is such a great player!

20. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    Way to regulate Nap! But you always make everything sound so smart. :) Sorry I was just curious about these guys. In a way they are celebrities to people like me (the 17-20 year old college kids!), so it's cool to find stuff out about them...like if they're dating!

21. Solskjaer

Solskjaer New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Eau Claire, WI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said, Nap. :)

22. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't she the one with THE HEAD?!!!

23. SoccrGirl4

SoccrGirl4 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Blackhawk, CA
    what?

24. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can tell you that post game, you can see them hang out with their sig others or what have you.

One of the best stories was chatting with the Joe for a bit, and of all people there were a few bar patrons hanging out and out of everyone, Jeff Agoos was in the lobby without anyone mobbing him for an autograph. I thought that was interesting on the basis that it was the post World Cup and that either (1) you have fans rallying behind him or (2) you have a heckler harrassing him about the World Cup Own Goal. Overall the players are nice, but again, I just see things, go about our business, and hang with the other fans.

The one I will tell you for sure was hanging out with the team post MLS Cup. Now, that was the best story ever. Just seeing the Cup and getting our pictures taken with it was worth all the while. Too bad it's not a chalice type of trophy because a few of us would have poured beer or champagne and sipped from the cup. All the players, their close kin, and the staff were there and a few fans were hanging out.

Enjoy it because in other sports you don't that type of opportunity. The great part was the fans of the other teams wanted to join in the revelry and you have to tip your hat to them for that.

While I don't mind the gossip that goes on, I just like to keep that to myself, and let Pat O'Brien or John Tesh or Rob Stone do the talking.

If you do travel and find yourself in that spot, there are lot of stories to see. It's worth it. I don't hang out backstage anymore because (1) it's too crowded (2) I have everyone's autograph except a few (3) the players are in a rush to go and (4) better to give a kid a chance to meet their heroes.

Not being a critic, but it gets to be a decision on what to say and what to keep.

The best gossip tellers are the photographers at the YCJ.

25. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    awww...the thread of compliments and thank you's...gotta love the reals and reels, the truths and the rumors...keep 'em coming, you all....[​IMG]