Official Poll for the Miami MLS team name

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok ay here is a Poll with the Poll only available to the Bloggers of Big Soccer.. This poll goes on for 60 days. After the 60 days I will start a new poll, eliminating the options that have not been picked, and are not popular.

2. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Top Choices that have 3 or more:

Miami Athletics
    Miami FCB
    FC Miami
    Miami Fusion
    Club Deportivo Miami
    Inter Miami

These top ones which would you choose?

My pick would be CD Miami

3. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like FC Miami or and variation of Miami Fusion.

4. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The chances of reviving the Fusion name are slim. So I kinda like Club Deportivo Miami.

5. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    The name is going to somehow have Barcelona in it. The team is not going to be called Atletico Miami. Miami FCB is the way to go without question, but that is just my opinion.

6. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That may be what they want, but we as fans need to stand up for what we want. Enough people make enough noise and they will have to listen. Just ask Seattle.

7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

What about Miami Tropics? And I like orange and teal as the oficial colors.. :D

[​IMG]

8. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There already is a Miami Tropics: http://www.miamitropicslive.com/ The name has been used by various minor b-ball teams in various leagues.

9. PG Tips

PG Tips Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The FC Miami, FCB Miami, and Miami FC choices together have an overwhelming show of support in the poll.

10. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor
    Fútbol Club Miami

I agree that you can count the votes for FC Miami and Miami FC together, but I wont include the FCB Miami votes as well, because if you look at those numbers right not, you see that almost 75% dont want the "B" in it.

11. fusionmansteve

fusionmansteve New Member

Jun 9, 2000
    Waiting in Lockhart parking lot.....
    Club:
    Miami FC
  12. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Fútbol Club Miami

Miami-Barcelona FC

13. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Thank You! Follow this guy Miami fans. We do NOT want another Chivas USA in this league and that is exactly what you will be even is you're just FCB Miami. Maintain your own identity and make your voice heard. They'll have no choice but to listen, just like Seattle did. And keep your colors too. The Barcelona colors would look terrible for a Miami club

14. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I have a feeling MLS will say the exact same thing you just posted. They will probably not allow another "Chivas USA" type of name. You should have your own identity. Just don't call it Miami FCB or FCB Miami. Have your own identity with the name.

On the other hand, wearing Barca colors would be pretty cool. That's a compromise I would be will to accept if I were a Miami fan.

15. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. I want this to be OUR team.

I think that different colors are part of the deal to make it a separate entity, but, if this compromise is needed then the diamond jersey that's shown elsewhere in this Miami section of BS may be an answer. It certainly has the Barca colors in a very different way. Also insist that the 2 clubs can't wear the same jersey during the same time period.

Please understand that I'd prefer that diamond pattern in the blue/blue/orange shown or a green/orange/white scheme. Either of those is a jersey from a team that is emphatically not Barca, IMO.

16. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Not only identity, think 20-30 years from now when the MLS might be trying to compete with La Liga or the EPL in stature. How embarrassing would it look to have a "minor league" club with Barca's name.

If you choose FCB Miami, you're basically saying right from the get-go that you are a second fiddle club to the big pappa bear in Spain.

17. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a big pappa bear we will have.

18. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^
    This from a DC United fan.... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

19. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Wow, you completely missed my point.

DC United has NO association with Manchester United. United makes sense for DC because most of the fans come from the suburbs of Virginia and Maryland.

I said Miami fans should not accept FCB Miami as the name because they forever become a minor league club to FC Barcelona. FC Miami is fine. I just said no to FCB Miami.

20. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Barcelona.

21. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Yeah because Manchester United are the only United in all the world. This coming from an insecure "Real" Salt Lake fan.:rolleyes:

22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. We got RSL, Chivas USA, DC United.... if Miami has FCB in the name, it would not be the end of world.

I think the Miami fans are far happier to just have a team and have it connected to FCB.

23. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    And we're all still holding out hope that you lamoes will wise up and change your name. I highly doubt Chivas USA will be in this league in 5 years time. If they are a re-brand is more then likely considering how poorly they've been accepted. And DC United is a perfectly fine name. The league made a big mistake in that round of expansion with RSL and Chivas USA. What terrible names.

24. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real Salt Lake is not a bad name, although Chivas USA is definitley a bad choice of a name. I dont see why Real Salt Lake is bad because Real can be the beginning of the name following the city. {REAL [Name of City]. Obviously CHivas USA is a bad name. I would have loved for the Chivas USA team to be C.D. Los Angeles that would have been better.

25. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    I stopped reading after you opened with that.