Official Players En El Exterior Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by gringolimon, Jan 19, 2009.

1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Tied it up! 1-1. Moreno is warming up!

2. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Warmed up for nothing. He wasn´t used but at least we tied it up and they got a valuable away goal.

3. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Mircea Lucescu is a dick. He is like a bad father letting his sons compete for his affection.

4. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

nacho has already left bolivar to play in aris fc(greece)...what do you mean by this?/

5. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The one playing in Greece is nacho's older brother Roland Garcia.

6. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nope its ronald garcia..........he plays in aris fc which people call nacho garcia

7. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    well as far as I know you call "Nacho" to people named Ignacio which is the name of the Garcia that plays in Bolivar...you dont call nacho to Ronalds...

8. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea i dunno why, ronald garcia is 'nacho', his little brother is ignacio who they also call 'nacho'. Or since he's the little bro, i call him Nachito' :)

9. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow i did not know they were bros..but yea they call ronald garcia "nacho" and ignacio garcia "nachito"..i know that for sure when i watched a bolivar game...

10. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    16th and final Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos won at home 1-0 behind closed doors (due to the swine flu) to Leon.

Their first win in 9 games. For what it´s worth, they spoiled Leon´s chances of qualifying to the playoffs.

Correcaminos finished the season with 20 pts., 5th in their Group (2), and 15th in the overall table. They had 4 wins, 8 ties, and 4 losses. Overall, it was a dissapointing season as they were considered to be one of the favorites.
    Botero ended as the leading goal scorer for Correcaminos with 5. He finished tied for 7th in the league behind 4 players with 6, Ismael Valadez (7), 6 players with 8, 2 players with 9, Mauro Gerk (11), and Nelson Maz (15).

Botero had 5 goals in 15 games he played.

Any news I come across baout him and his future, I´ll be sure to post it.

11. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Dude, your updates have been great! I look forward to them.

12. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    jajajaja , that always gets to me . its problably because i have mad love for nachos.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, Nachito has so much potential, he deserves to play in spain or italy, not greece unless its one of their big teams, olympiakos or AEK, or even Panathaniakos(sp)

14. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    is he more of a defensive mid like his older bro too? Maybe cause im a bolivarista. but i'd like them both to play for Bolivar together... then libertadores...

I think this is on topic, Jaime Moreno is the MLS Player of the Week(7). He scored 2 classy goals against FC Dallas and also took the role of playmaker. maybe this a comeback? maybe he wants a call up to the nats after he saw that Juan M Pena play...

15. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nah, I think he officially wants to remain retired from the NT.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    IMO thats what the Copa America 2007 was. It was for him to say hey bolivia 'i still got it' and played very well, IMO showing he still can for 70mins for the NT. In this clip vs. Peru in our last game before we were eliminated, he was playing as the play maker, and scoring teh first banger, and just playing really well, doing nice passes, a nice cheeky fake shot pass in the first clips, and his goal, IMO one of the best of the whole copa america 2007. He opens it up. He was easily the best player in the first half for our team.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3vFmXmxqPk"]YouTube - Goles Peru Bolivia Copa America 2007[/ame]

In this clip moreno scores vs. venezuela in a comeback goal as we were down 1-0, it was a really happy moment for me, because many people thought he was too old, and it was a mistake by platini calling him back for this tournament. It was funny cause he was the first person to open the scoring for us in this tournament, i had a couple of bolivians apoligizing to me after his play that tournament. :p

vs. Venezuela goal (1:00 mark), He does his cheeky cut that always messes people up that aren't used to his moves, and then slots it in with his left (goal off of a defender but still a goal).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7luAH5mBts"]YouTube - Goles Venezuela Bolivia Copa America 2007[/ame]

His 2 goals this weekend, the second probably will win goal of the week. A beauty of a chip over the keeper. Still very talented and still a very sharp soccer brain as he is aging, but gracefully.

His touch is still golden too, as you can tell by his soft touch to his feet on the first goal.

His First Goal:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-xXPPsdYTI"]YouTube - Jaime Moreno Scores his first against FC Dallas 05/02/2009[/ame]

His Second:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYEAKsplV30"]YouTube - Jaime Moreno Scores his second against FC Dallas 05/02/2009[/ame]

Now at 35 he's past the point where he can play for the NT, he was a good band-aid for the Copa America, i wish he could still play, but in da rosa and possibly escobar, we have faster, younger guys, who can still play fast at that level...... although IMO their touch and silkyness isnt comparable to moreno. Idolo!

He retired after the Brasil tie we had in brasil 0-0, and played the role of a decent holder of the ball, the position VACA was supposed to play that match, where moreno was up front. Vaca disappeared, and we essentially were a man down, he came in and played decent for his basically good bye game in the eliminatorias. He just came back frmo surgery and looks fresh again with those 2 goals, but his time is done. Its too bad bolivia didn't give him the time of day when he was 30 and playing like this but faster, harder shots, and still silky with his touch back in 04'. We could have used him to get to germany. Oh well.

17. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I guess he´s acting like a dick again. According to this link, Moreno is not even included in the roster for this morning´s 2nd leg game against Dynamo Kyiv at 11:30 AM CST. Hopefully this is not official but who knows.

18. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    gringolimon
    OMG, ... it's Dynamo's roster, not Shakhtar's! IMO he would be on the bench today.
    besides, Moreno showed almost nothing against Kryvbas this sunday.

19. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    lol yea...it clearly says Dynamo's roster :p

20. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    GIO i agree that Moreno starting is not an option as the team they faced last time was good. BUT being Bolivian I would still wanna see him, i hope you understand that, and from our perspective he hasnt been given a fair chance at winning a starting spot. Lucescu does favor the Brazilians, even when they're not performing, and you cant deny that either.

21. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hahaha, you´re right. I guess I was already sleeping when I post that. Watching the game right now and Moreno is not even in the sub. This sucks but oh well, it´s not like we should surprised or anything.

22. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    FUEGO, Thanks for That Bit on Jaime Moreno, good stuff. Him and Diablo have always been my Fav. and throw in Chocolatin

Marcelo Moreno <----- loan him out already. shiiiitttt!! I hate what if's but WHAT IF MORENO JOINED TOTTENHAM INSTEAD?

I dont get it. Shakhtar have Adriano and Gladkkky as lone forward types, possible another player besides Moreno. I noticed Adriano doesnt even apply defensive pressure when the ball is maybe 2 meters away.

That said i do like both Ukraine sides as they play exciting football.Im glad the 2 sides made it far in UEFA.
    the season is almost over, but Does anybody know where I can find Shakhtar game streams online??? GIO-13?

23. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Alot of South americans don't fair well in England, Germany, Dutch leagues because of the leagues physical nature. Forlan, a great Uruguayen Forward, did bad in England, but now plays well in Spain. Pibe, Ortega, and Franchescoli didn't last in europe long them selves, and look how important they were to their national teams.

The technicallity of such leagues isn't as relied on as much as Spain, Italy and basically all of south america. Size and speed is what matters for most European leagues.

I don't think Moreno would fare well in England if he can barely handle Ucrain. He has the tools, but it's clearly not clicking for him. He needs to go to Italy, Spain or back to Brazil.

24. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he just need to find the right team with the right support...just like most players who perform excellent in a average team then get transferred to a great team and spend most of the season on the bench....its just whichever team hes more compatible with...just like botero after leaving bolivar to go to pumas...

25. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I dont think that he can't handle Ukraine. he has just not been givin' opportunites. im sure he is subbed in at about the 75min mark when he does play. Shakhtar already has a set team. the coach is very specific on his starting 11. From what i have seen in about 5 games ive seen from shakhtar, it is physical, but also very technical. Lucescu(coach) has 3 starting brazillians in attack.