Official Players En El Exterior Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by gringolimon, Jan 19, 2009.

1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cruz Azul lost yesterday 2-1 to Puebla. Raldes did not play nor was in the bench. They are 6 pts behind the 8th and final playoff spot with 3 games to go.

2. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cruz Azul's defense was horrible. Galindo sent Raldes to warm up just before half time, with instructions to shore up the back. The problem was that idiot Torrado got red-carded and the team got behind. This pretty much killed any chances, as Galindo used the subs to replace the midfield and add forwards to try to make a come back.

The good thing is that the game clearly showed that they need Raldes desperately.

3. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So close, yet so far. That`s odd that he wasn´t listed in the sub.

4. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Beautiful article on Jaime. I laugh at his response on how they told him after the game, your the first to get 100 assists and 100+ goals, he just shrugged it off and said yea here in america its all about statistics, it isnt that big a deal, its more important whats going on, on the field lol Or something to that effect.

Its true, americans are pressed on statistics in sports, but it just doesnt translate as well to soccer.

LOL I remember when they were giving asisst credit to anyone who passed the ball to the guy who passed the ball and scored. lol

But yes, its cool to know a bolivian is going to be known as probably the finest player this league has ever seen, him and etch' :p

6. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    14th Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos tied at home 1-1 to Veracruz, which are now the third best team in the league.

With the tie, Correcaminos` already dim mathematical chances of making the playoffs were exthinguished with only 2 games left. The whole team and the organization is really dissapointed as they assembled this team in the preason with the goal to ascend to the first division. For the sake of keeping up with Botero, I`ll update those 2 games as they come along.

Correcaminos has 16 pts. and is currently 6th in their Group (2) and 19th in the overall table. They now have 3 wins, 7 ties, and 4 losses. With only 2 games left, they are 8 pts. behind the 8th and final spot for the playoffs. So yeah, they are out.

This Saturday, April 25th, they are on the road to play Pumas Morelos at 3:00 PM CST. Pumas has 20 pts. and is 4th in the same Group and 11th in the overall table. Pumas is still in the playoff hunt so Correcaminos will try to play spoiler. Also, Botero will hopefully shine these last 2 games so some other team can sign him up next year.
    Botero is the leading goal scorer for Correcaminos with 5. He is tied for fifth in the league behind 2 players with 6, 6 players with 7, 3 players with 8, and Nelson Maz (15).

To date, Botero has 5 goals in 13 games he has played.

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Word that Julio Cesar Hurtado, of Aurora has got interest from Brasilian side gremio.

Good to see that brasilian clubs are looking at our players, the league works very well with our playing style, IMO better than argentina. I hope they can work things out, and they pick a good price to let him go for, cause as we already know alot of times clubs get interested, and then bolivian teams get greedy and the transfers never end up going through.....

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Double post. Whoops.

9. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cruz Azul lost at home 0-2 to Atlante in the first leg of the CCL final. Only saw the second half, which was dominated by Cruz Azul but they just couldn`t capatilize on the billions of opportunities they had. Raldes played average. Saw highlights of the goal and the first one was mostly Raldes fault as he should have cleared the ball. Doesn`t look good for Cruz Azul. Hopefully they turn it around in the 2nd leg in Cancun.

10. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn I watched some of the first part and I was hoping that wasn't Raldes!(when he couldn't clear the ball that ended up being the first goal) >_<

11. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I watched the entire game. Yes Raldes threw himself to deflect the ball but missed, but the defenders on both the right and left are horrible. They let every ball go through. Raldes and the other central defender were really busy the whole game. Raldes should've done better but hard to cover two players, he was more on his right side of the field, then the Atlante player came down the middle and Raldes had to cover back to save it.
    Overall he had an average night, def not a great start, but in defense more so than offense you need a really good understanding from all four defenders to do the trap, switch coverage and he needs more time to have that understanding, although i'll say this, the defense is right down terrible (exept for raldes ofcourse). The midfielders couldnt make a pass if their lives depended on it. Do you guys remember the Bolivia Mexico game were they couldnt pass in the beginning but got better in the second half? THat's exactly how CA played. Atlante was running amock in CA's goal.
    I saw the game on Fox Soccer Channel, and Max Bretos (only FSC commentator I like) did give props to Raldes in saying that he has already solidified the defense with his presence given his experience in Central. CA needs major changes in the middle and defense for Apertura. Their forwards are decent but couldnt find the back of the net, they had chances but couldnt finnish. There were 3 clear chances when all they had to do was connect with the ball and they couldnt. Their coach will be sacked today or tomorrow, or they will let him hang on for the away game. I didnt know this but I guess their coach is a CA legend so maybe that's why he's hung on this long. I didnt see much organization in defense or attack.

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^Intertesting... hopefully in time raldes can bring solidarity to that defense, and help them out.

Anyone watch the def. sporting vs. Ind. de Medellin?? Man that game was HEART breaker!!

Cabrera assisted on a goal and scored in the 91st with the game 3-3, literally each goal was right after the other when one would happen, so would the counter, at the 91st minute going in to the 92nd, i thought DIM had it in the pocket, the announcers were even saying, tehy were going to the next round with the tie, cause if they tied in uruguay they go to the next round. Cabrera put it in with his head. Well at the 92:30 mark, defensor get the ball, somehow get to the box, a guy from outside shoots it, it goes through the middle, defelcts off a defenser of DIM, and goal. 93rd minute, Defensor take it. They celebrate deep into the 93rd minute, they win it, ref blows the whistle after the kickoff.

Cabrera looked good though, i dunno if i want him playing for the NT as his playing style is different than the NT's. He likes to have his back to the goal, air through balls which he can trap with his chest or just run really strong with. He is also good at having his back to goal, turning it, and running with the ball giving it off to a running forward. He has good distribution. I would like to see him in a more physical league like say MLS or the EPL or Championship(sec. div of england). I can tell he'd do good in these leagues.

13. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Great article. Good to see botero says he has alot more years left in him. He does look good, and looks like the old botero i remember back when he would terrorize the bolivian league and do his on one knee point to the sky with his head down' goal celebration. Soooooo bad ass.

15. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yesterday was just a perfect day for me. I spent the entire day watching football. I saw Universitario-Gimnasia, Cruz Azul-Atlante, and DIM-Sporting...all of them with a bolivian connection. Plus a couple of early Euro Champoins games.

A true tear-jerker for Cabrera. He could have been the hero if the defense had not given up the goal in the last seconds of the game. He did play well though.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  17. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cruz Azul lost 3-0 to Pachuca. Did anyone see the game/highlights? According to this article, the first goal was Raldes fault. With 2 games left, they have been eliminated from the playoffs. Well, at least they will have their full concentration on the 2nd leg of the CCL. I just hope that helps.

18. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I didnt see the first goal but i could see why they lost. that team has no energy, imagination, and teamwork. I don't blame Galindo(coach), he's trying, Its the players. Raldes did his job, truly the best defender on the team. this is like his 2nd game right? I did notice he was a bit slow, but he IS just getting back to form. Cruz Azul needs new players because they won't get anywhere with this team. hopefully some defensive wings if Raldes plans on staying. Cruz azul has no counter attack. replaced with slow lob passes

19. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I saw the game, and the first goal was made by the forward Raldes has been assigned to cover. Mendivil gained the position to the ball to Raldes on a great cross.
    Raldes looked a bit lost and slow to me. I honestly think the entire team is lost and with no real game plan. I put it on the coach.

20. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    15th Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos tied on the road 1-1 to Pumas Morelos.

They have now not won in 8 straight games.

Correcaminos has 17 pts. and is currently 6th in their Group (2) and 20th in the overall table. They now have 3 wins, 8 ties, and 4 losses. With only 1 game left, they are already eliminated from the playoffs.

This Friday, May 1st, they will host the final game of the season against Leon at 8:30 PM CST. Leon has 23 pts. and is 3rd in the same Group and 10th in the overall table. Leon is still in the playoff hunt so Correcaminos will try to play spoiler.
    Botero is the leading goal scorer for Correcaminos with 5. He is tied for 7th in the league behind 3 players with 6, 3 players with 7, 4 players with 8, 2 players with 9, Mauro Gerk (11), and Nelson Maz (15).

To date, Botero has 5 goals in 14 games he has played.

Note: This game will be closed to the public due to the swine flu.

21. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn...Hopefully Botero gets picked up from a first division mexican team...

22. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Whhhhhhat? Sec. Division? Didnt he spurr up interest in brasil a little while back??? I rather him play there than in portugal based on the competition and talent scouts.

On on Nachito, i really dont want this guy following in his BROs path, he is a great player, and deserves to play in a better league!! Why do our players get black balled?

24. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Shakhtar will play the 1st leg of the UEFA Cup Semi-finals on the road against Dynamo Kyiv at 11:30 AM CST today and Moreno is actually listed as a sub for this game. Hopefully he´ll get some playing time. This will be a heavily contested match between the top 2 Ukrainian clubs, as it´s #1 (Dynamo) vs. # 2 (Shakhtar).

Shakhtar played this past Saturday a league game against Chornomorets and won 1-0. Moreno was listed as a sub but was not used. Hopefully this measns that he will definitely be used for this game today.

Shakhtar is currently second in the league with 52 points, behind Dynamo Kiv who has 64 points.

With only 5 games left in the league, Shakhtar would need to win out and have Dynamo Kiv lose quite a few. So yeah, it´s probably unlikely that would happen but as long as Shakhtar remains in 2nd, they will qualify to the 3rd qualifying round of the UEFA Champions Legue 2009-10.

25. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Halftime: Down 1-0.