Official Players En El Exterior Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by gringolimon, Jan 19, 2009.

1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Re: Joaquín Botero & his new team: Club de Fútbol Correcaminos UAT

Great man! These updates are awsome! I'm glad to hear that Botero is scoreing rather consistantly. He's doing what's expected of him in a second division league.

2. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Sorry about the delay. Was a bit busy. The last time I posted, I said that I would try to make the trip to León to watch Botero play and I did. Unfortunately, most of the pics I took were mad blurry, probably due to the drinking I did prior and after the game. :D I do have some pics to post up, however I don´t know how to post them here. If anyone can help me on that, I´ll post them.

I arrived at León around noon. While my wife and my aunt went shopping, I walked to the stadium to get a ticket for the game and took some pics as I got closer to the stadium. At the shopping center and all around town, there was everyone and their mother wearing a León jersey. You gotta love the passion. After I got my ticket (120 pesos = around 10 bucks), I walked back to the shopping center but there was no way I would join up with my wife and aunt to continue shopping so I decided to hit a bar. Unfortunately, there weren´t any around but there was a Holiday Inn so I walked right in and acted like I was staying there. I found the restaurant and sat down. There were a whole bunch of people in Orange Athletic Wear and as I looked around, I saw Botero sitting there eating his lunch. I couldn´t believe it! What are the odds!? I waited for him to finish his lunch to get a picture. When he finished, he got up and walked toward the exit. That is when I walked up to him and asked him if I could get a picture with him. He seemed really surprised and at the same time, a bit shy or maybe he didn´t really like the attention he was getting before all the other teammates were surprised as well. I wanted to talk to him a bit more but again, he seemed like he either didn´t want to or was shy. I brought my Bolivian Flag to the game but I left it in the car, which sucks because had I known I would have bumped into him, I would have definitely brought it. Oh well, it was crazy how it all happen.

At the game, there were some gaps in the crowd but overall, it was a great turnout. On to the game...

8th Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos lost 2-1 to León.

While they were practicing on the field, I waved the Bolivian Flag and he recognized it and waved back. It was a bad game for Correcaminos and Botero overall. The first half León could have easily scored 3 goals but it ended up 0-0. The defense was horrible and they couldn´t set up any chances. Botero disappeared completely. In the second half, they played better as it was back and forth for the most part however Botero didn´t see that much action as he touched the ball a couple of times. León scored first at the 69th minute and after it continue to be back and forth. It looked like it was going to end up that way and I remember being disappointed about it. Then all of a sudden, Correcaminos tied it up and I was sure that it would end up tied up because I felt it was close to the end, which it was as later on I found out that they tied it up at the 89th minute. However, a couple of minutes later, the defense messed up and that allowed León to score and take the win. That really sucked! Oh well, at least I got to see Botero. Not everyday you bump into a Bolivian player, let alone a Bolivian in Mexico.
    9th Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos tied 2-2 visiting Atlético Mexiquense.

They were winning 2-1 at the half, one of the goals coming from a penalty from Botero. In the second half, Correcaminos started ¨con un Botero muy activo¨ and they had many chance to extend the lead especially with the other team now 1 man down but they didn´t as the other team tied it up with a penalty in the 84th minute. They said that the defense once again screwed it up for Correcaminos as they had the win.
    10th Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos tied at home 2-2 to Tapatío.

Correcaminos came from behind as they were losing 2-0 at the 61st. They tied it with goals at the 65th and 85th minute. The first goal was a penalty from Botero.

At the end of the game, the crowd let the coach as well as the team have it as they chanted “SI NO PUEDEN, RENUNCIEN”.

The fans feel the team is losing valuable pts. at home and missing great opportunities on the road to steal some pts.

To date, Botero has 5 goals in 10 games.

Correcaminos has 14 pts. and is currently 4th in their Group (2) and 13th in the overall table. They now have 3 wins, 5 ties, and 2 losses.
    This week, they have a bye. The following Saturday (the 28th), they play their 11th game as they visit Tampico at 5:30 PM CST. Tampico has 12 pts. and is 6th in the same Group and 18th in the overall table.

Between now and the next game, a lot of changes may or may not occur with the coaching staff and/or the roster.

In case you forgot, this game against Tampico is called ¨el Clásico Tamaulipeco¨ as both teams are from the same state (Tampico). It will be the 26th time these teams will meet in this Clásico.

For those who were wondering, Correcaminos have won 11 of the previous Clásicos, tied 7, and lost 7. The last meeting between these two was back in Jan. when they tied 1-1.

Botero is the leading goal scorer for Correcaminos with 5. He is third in the league behind Fernando González (6) and Nelson Maz (11).

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

^^Cool! I got the same thing when i tried to talk to him here in DC when they came to play, he didnt seem all that into me, i didnt know too if he was shy or snubbish. But watever!

Its good to hear hes doing good over there!

4. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

lol thats pretty crazy how u run into him...5 goals in 10 games is not bad at all, hopefully he get picked up by a first division team next season.

5. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Either that or his teams gets promoted to 1st division next season.

6. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Better late than ever. Here are the pics I promised...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Sweet pics bro!

12. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

That's cool Boss!

For a second there, I thought you were surrounded by Bolivians given the green jerseys.

13. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Haha. It seemed like that for a second but as soon as I started waving our flag, they started booing. One guy said, ¨Que feo esa bandera¨ but as soon as I told that punk ass, ¨Que feo esa cara¨, everyone started laughing.

14. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Just thought I would update the team´s status after the bye week they had....
    Correcaminos has 14 pts. and is currently 5th in their Group (2) and 15th in the overall table. They now have 3 wins, 5 ties, and 2 losses.
    This Saturday, they play their 11th game as they visit Tampico at 5:30 PM CST. Tampico has 12 pts. and is 7th in the same Group and 18th in the overall table.

In case you forgot, this game against Tampico is called ¨el Clásico Tamaulipeco¨ as both teams are from the same state (Tampico). It will be the 26th time these teams will meet in this Clásico. The last meeting between these two was back in Jan. when they tied 1-1.

There are ongoing criticism from the fans about the team and the coach as they demand results especially in this upcoming game. The media has mentioned that it won´t be easy since Botero won´t play as he will play for Bolivia in 2 games this weekend and the following Wednesday.

I hope Correcaminos win this game as they really need it in order to climb the standings but I´m also kind of glad that they are coming off a bye week because that means that Botero will have fresh legs, which is always good.

15. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  16. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

And it seems Correcaminos needs their leading scorer now more than ever.

11th Game of Clausura 2009:
    Correcaminos tied on the road 1-1 to Tampico in ¨el Clásico Tamaulipeco¨

Correcaminos had a great chance to take the 3 pts. as they were winning 1-0 with 17 mins left to play. However, in the 88th minute, Tampico tied it up.

Correcaminos have won 11 of the previous Clásicos, tied 8, and lost 7.

Correcaminos now has 15 pts. and is currently 5th in their Group (2) and 16th in the overall table. They now have 3 wins, 6 ties, and 2 losses. With only 5 games left, they are 3 pts. behind the 8th and final spot for the playoffs.
    Tomorrow, (Friday the 3rd), they play their 12th game as they are host to Tigres B at 8:30 PM CST. Tigres B has 12 pts. and is 8th in the same Group and 21st in the overall table. Back in Feb., Correcaminos won 1-0 on the road against Tigres B.

This should be and is a must win for Correcaminos. There is no word on whether Botero will come off the bench but I doubt it given that he just got back.

Botero is the leading goal scorer for Correcaminos with 5. He is fourth in the league behind 4 players with 6, Fernando González (7) and Nelson Maz (12).

To date, Botero has 5 goals in 10 games he has played.

17. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thread changed to track all our foreign based players....

18. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Anyone know of any offers for DIDI Torrico? I'd find it hard to believe that he'd have none after the last few games.

19. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Idoubt any offers will pop yet as we're far away from a transfer window, and Boliviar still owns most of his rights.

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think Didi will get bought very soon, i am confident his performance will grant him a look from some decent teams.....

I hope the same for botero, who deserves to be playing at a higher level, say a mid level spanish team that needs a consistent goal scorer?

21. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Botero will either end up in Mexicos first division, Argie League, and possibly MLS. I'm sure MLS is kicking themselves for not biting on Botero harder when there was negotiation talks. Right now, everyone in Argentina knows Botero.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Botero was asking too much, i am sure exactly like you say they didnt offer him a DP Contract (for those tha dont know, a contract that only effects the cap by 400k the rest of his salary would be unlimited).

23. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree that many 1st Divisions Leagues missed out big time on signing Botero but you gotta remember that back then, he wasn`t playing so well (besides the national side) so the offers weren`t rolling in. What I do find strange is that there were reports that Houston offered him a contract but in the last article posted, when asked why he is playing with Correcaminos, Botero said that "no había otras ofertas (de trabajo)." Before turning this into a he said, they said, I guess the bottom line is that there may have been small offers from 1st Division Leagues but now, they probably regret not further pursuing it.

24. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Solo podemos esperar que otro extranjero se lastime en Cruz Azul ya que, ademas de necesitar defensa y arquero, necesitan un buen delantero. Seria regio ver a Raldes y Botero en el mismo equipo

25. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That would be crazy awesome!

What I would like to see (and I´m dreaming once again) is that Botero takes his current 2nd division team (Correcaminos) to the promise land and ascends into the 1st division, where he would then play the first season (17 games), become an all star and then be transferd to a better team in the Clausura. :D