Official Perth Glory Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Australian A-League' started by Akumastarr, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Matilda Maniac

Matilda Maniac Big Soccer Memebr

Sep 21, 2006
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    and now the 'moron coach' parts ways !!

Good luck to Alistair Edwards as interim coach, to at least get Glory well off the bottom of the ladder.

We can possibly still make the finals, but we'll need roughly 5 wins and a draw in the next 7 games, and we have to start winning road games. Finals are still 'mathematically possible', but not likely. :cry:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-11/fading-glory-set-to-sack-ferguson/4512234?section=sport

2. Superbee

Superbee New Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Hi,
    I'm going to the Perth Glory v Sydney game on 2nd March. Can anyone tell me whether Glory produce Matchday Programmes / Magazines and their cost? If anyone knows whether West Coast Eagles do as well that would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Toby

3. Glory123

Glory123 New Member

Oct 7, 2013
    Club:
    Perth Glory
  4. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Top of the ladder. Hopefully this start is something that keeps up.

9. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well Glory are still top of the table, and I would say they aren't even playing their best football yet. They are playing well, but I can still see room for improvement. Be interesting to see how they go against Sydney and Victory ... (neither of them really impressed me with their second halves this week).

12. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Glory still top of the table and posters on here are quiet??

Carn Glory!!!

McLaren for me has been impressive this season, his influence as a sub seems to be greater than when he starts ... maybe a bit like Ole the Man U super sub??

Keogh's work rate is very impressive, and Risdon (being a local boy) has been putting in some impressive shifts. He still looks one of the most comfortable defenders on the ball in the A-League.

13. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    I think this weekends game against Sydney was the first time I've watched Perth Glory this season and I must say I was not impressed at all. They showed me no reason as to why they are first. A team with Garcia and Zadkovich in middle should be a remedy for failure. One of the most boring football matches. Even the reds were uneventful.

14. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I missed the game, but overall I have been impressed with Glory this season. They have been abysmal for so many, maybe it is just my hopes.

Although each time they'll played Adelaide they've been appalling.

Garcia for me I think has to be in his last season. He really doesn't bring anything to the table for the Glory, and don't understand starting him each match.

15. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Garcia was crap at Sydney and should have retired then. A few years later he is a starter for a team coming first! How??

16. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well Garcia looks like being captain this year ... guess that means they'll be picking him regularly again.

Glory really look shot before this season even starts ... signs are really bad (must mean we'll have a good season then).

17. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    PFF to Host Matches with Perth Glory in July
    June 30, 2016
    [​IMG]
    PFF will host matches with Perth Glory FC on 20, 23, and 26 July 2016, as follows:

• Global FC vs Perth Glory FC | July 20 | Rizal Memorial Stadium, Manila
    • UFL All-Stars vs Perth Glory FC | July 23 | Rizal Memorial Stadium, Manila
    • Philippine National Team vs Perth Glory FC | July 26 | Quirino Stadium, Bantay, Ilocos Sur

Perth Glory has scheduled its training camp in the Philippines as part of its strategic initiative of touring South East Asia with the objective of staging an official Hyundai A-League matches in the region.

PFF has sought approval for FIFA and AFC clearances and permits to officially host the matches. Kick-off times and ticketing details will be announced later.

The PFF inspection team have visited the Quirino Stadium in Bantay, Ilocos Sur which has a newly installed artificial pitch. Recommendations have been relayed to the stadium owner to ensure the facilities meet the standards for international matches.

The Chinese Taipei men’s National Team and the Northern Marianas Men’s and Women’s National Team have also conducted their traning camp in the Philippines last May and June 2016.

Perth Glory FC is a professional Australian football club based in Perth, Australia, and finished at 5th place in the Hyundai A-League.

http://pff.org.ph/2016/06/30/pff-to-host-matches-with-perth-glory-in-july/

18. sokorny

sokorny Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Westerm Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Bit far from home for me to attend :)

Good way to spread their brand. I always thought SE Asia is a great market for the Glory ... as in roughly the same time zone as a lot of it and most West Aussies travel to these areas regularly (cheaper for us to fly to Bali than Sydney ... then accommodation is no contest).

19. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Welcome to the Philippines:

Perth Glory heads to Philippines for Pre-Season Tour
    image: http://www.perthglory.com.au/di/lib...m_8mjkbavxys101j9cv31ehiwex.jpg?t=-1194219403

[​IMG]
    1/1
    Glory is heading to the Philippines for its pre-season tour
    Monday, 4 July 2016 -
    PG News @PerthGloryFC

Perth Glory’s quest for the Hyundai A-League 2016/17 title will begin with a pre-season tour of the Philippines starting on July 18.
    The ten day tour will see Glory’s 30-man travelling party, play three competitive matches and take part in a wide range of football clinics.

The tour has been made possible following an invitation from the Philippines Football Federation.

Glory will battle against local outfit Global FC, clash against a UFL All-Star team and in its final match, be pitted against the Philippines National team known as the Azkals.

Glory coach Kenny Lowe said the tour was a perfect start to the team’s pre-season campaign.

“This is fantastic for all the lads, the coaches and football staff. It’s just the right tonic to get everyone united and focused” he said.

The Azkals are ranked 116 (as April 16) and narrowly missed out on earning a berth in the AFC Asian Cup held in Australia in January last year.

They defeated North Korea 3-2 in their last World Cup Qualifying game in March.

“They’re not to be taken lightly by any means. They’ve got players who compete in the Asian Club Championships and the national boys are all technically gifted. I’m expecting a pretty tough hit out” Lowe said.

Among the fresh faces in the new look Glory line-up will be Rhys Williams, Brandon Wilson and goalkeepers Nic Feely and Jordan Thurtell.

“I’m pumped to be honest” Williams said.

“It’s a great chance for everyone to get to know each other and find out what makes everyone tick, so I can’t wait for it” he said.

Glory’s delegation will be welcomed by local football and government officials including Mariano Araneta, President of the Philippines Football Federation and Governor Ryan Luis Singson, Provincial Governor of Ilocos Sur.

The tour has been made possible by a consortium of businessmen, lead by Jarred Kelly and Jonjie Almendrala, of International Migration & Property Solutions in Manila, who've embraced the prospect of a long term partnership with Perth Glory FC as part of the club's four year Strategic Plan, The Perth Glory Way.

The team departs on July 18 for Manila before returning on July 27.

- See more at: http://www.perthglory.com.au/articl...adsrbxouzqy1iqj2rzrmxr1e#sthash.mxYKXx0g.dpuf

I heard that Philippine national team Coach Thomas Dooley might be interested in inquiring about 21 y/o former Aussie national team youth player Fil Aussie Hagi Gligor who played for Perth Glory last year. What are your impressions of him, sokorny?

20. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    #295 Pelefan, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Perth Glory issued a preview of their upcoming tour in the Philippines including scheduled time and dates for their matches and a link to buy the Perth Glory Philippine tour Supporter's package including flights, accommodations, Makati City and Ilocos Heritage Tours, and team social functions for $1750. It sounds like a good deal if you live in Australia.

http://www.perthglory.com.au/dct/ff...SupporterPackage_yqnkyc1gn2j1a42d6vfjeqd3.pdf

Pre-Season Preview: Road To Manila
    image: http://www.perthglory.com.au/di/lib...hic_bzekpdm95ye1tbfsitj7athf.jpg?t=-315321051

[​IMG]
    1/1
    Glory will play three competitive matches in the Philippines
    Friday, 15 July 2016 -
    PG News @PerthGloryFC

Perth Glory coach Kenny Lowe says team bonding will be the theme when his troops fly out to the Philippines for this year’s pre-season trip on Monday July 18.
    Glory has been booked to play three matches including a clash against the Philippines which recently beat North Korea 3-2 in a World Cup qualifier.

“It's a chance to play some games, it's a great opportunity to have some training sessions and also to be able to get everyone away who's new to the club...so yeah, looking forward to it" Lowe said.

The tour has been made possible by a consortium of businessmen, led by Jarred Kelly and Jonjie Almendrala, of International Migration & Property Solutions in Manila, who've embraced the prospect of a long term partnership with Perth Glory FC as part of the club's four year Strategic Plan, The Perth Glory Way.

Glory will play its first match against local outfit Global FC followed by a clash against an All-star-team from the United Football League (local Philippines league)
    Club stalwart Dino Djulbic was looking forward to the trip and stressed there was no place for complacency with an FFA Cup game around the corner.

“All the boys are excited to go away for some team bonding and play three competitive games before the FFA Cup clash against Brisbane Roar.”

“Everyone will be fighting for spots over there in the lead-up to the first game (FFA Cup) against Brisbane” he said.

The team departs on Monday July 18 before returning at the end of the month.

Supporters wishing to take in the action can book their tickets HERE

Philippines Match Schedule:

Wednesday July 20
    Global FC versus Perth Glory FC
    Rizal Stadium
    KO 3.30pm

Saturday July 23
    UFL All Stars vs Perth Glory FC
    Rizal Stadium
    KO 7pm

Tuesday July 26
    Philippines (Azkals) vs Perth Glory FC
    Quirino Stadium
    KO 7pm

- See more at: http://www.perthglory.com.au/articl...vcvtqzm503e1w6yr68gybyzz#sthash.ADZgqei8.dpuf

21. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
  22. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
  23. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    #298 Pelefan, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Perth Glory's trip to Philippines could see more A-League clubs following suit

[​IMG]
    Perth Glory sealed a 2-1 win against the UFL All-Stars in Manila.
    Former A-League players Tahj Minniecon and Matt Acton came face-to-face with familiar foes as part of the UFL All-Stars side against Perth Glory during the festive All-Star weekend in Manila.

The visitors won 2-1 in a closely fought affair, with Australia and Perth fullback Josh Risdon pleasantly surprised by the high standard of the Philippine players, having also faced Global FC three days earlier.

"We learned a lot playing Global. They were a very good outfit, obviously they will be a lot fitter than us, playing in their season, but they've got some quick and attacking players", Risdon told ESPN FC, reflecting on the 0-0 draw against the UFL leaders.

"We were very surprised by how Global played, they had some great players the other day, and I think it's a great level over here, bit hard to tell how to compare to it back home."

The annual UFL All Star weekend had the A-League's fifth placed team from the 2015-16 season as special guests.

Local UFL rivalries were set aside for the day and, apart for the missing players from Ceres and the national team, a strong UFL selection aimed to test the men from Western Australia.

Fitness levels would differ as Perth Glory had just started their preseason training, while the UFL is already midway through its campaign. But the quality of Glory, who have strengthened their squad ahead of October's start of the A-League season, was evident.

But it was the UFL All-Stars who took the lead in the 13th minute, with the Kaya pair of Robert Lopez Mendy and Louis Clark combining to score.

And the UFL selection should really have added more, as former Brisbane Roar star Tahj Minniecon and Mendy spurned at least three chances to double the lead.

Perth would stamp their class as the game wore on. They equalised nine minutes later with Chris Harold capitalising on a defensive mix-up from the UFL All-Stars.

Glory then took a deserved lead through ex-Republic of Ireland striker Andy Keogh's strike deep into first-half injury time. That turned out to be the winner after a goalless second half.

Perth Glory head coach Kenny Lowe told ESPN FC that he was satisfied with their two-match tour of the Philippines.

"I thought we controlled the game and the tempo. I'm really pleased because it's early part of our preseason training for us to do well," he said.

"I don't think the weather affected us. It allowed the game to be played at a nice tempo and we got through it, which is good.

"And if it is difficult, that's good for us as well because it makes it harder. We're in preseason so anything of difficulty helps us."

27-year-old Minniecon, who also played with Western Sydney Wanderers and Gold Coast United in the A-League, moved to the Loyola Meralco Sparks at the end of 2014.

"We want to go out and show them that the UFL can push it with some of the bigger leagues in Asia," he said.

"They'll be surprised, and the other day was a 0-0 draw against Global. It just proves that the league is not as easy as some people might think."

[​IMG]
    Former Western Sydney Wanderers star Tahj Minniecon, right, turned out for the UFL All-Stars against Perth Glory.
    Ex-Brisbane Roar backup goalkeeper Acton, now playing for Kaya FC, acknowledges the difference in quality between the two leagues. But he added: "Obviously we're not par but in terms of the differences, it's not that big of a difference."

Long before Perth-born Iain Ramsay decided to play his international football for the Azkals, the Philippines and Australia enjoyed a good sporting connection over the years.

Cebu-based Australian coach Graeme Mackinnon famously took Cebu to their only national football championship in 1988 before eventually taking over the reins of Global FC in 2011.

Sydney-based Andrew Fletcher and former Azkal Leigh Gunn have started their Azkalroos program, which develops Aussie-Filipinos to trial for the UFL and some Azkals' teams. It supports underprivileged kids in Manila by sending football gear to various foundations.

The presence of Perth in Manila is another step in a positive direction and tour promoter Jarred Kelly explained the reasons behind the Glory's visit.

"Because Glory's Malaysian trip wasn't panning out too well, we thought it would be a challenge if we could get them out here and fortunately they agreed to come and see whether the facilities were suitable," Kelly told ESPN FC.

"Even though there are limitations, there's a lot of promise with the league and the talent here. So we wanted to come and expand football in the region because we would be seen as one of the larger and stronger footballing nations in Asia."

Could the Philippines see more A-League clubs coming out for preseason training in the future? Kelly believes it might become a more popular destination for Aussie sides.

"We want to do this on a regular basis, bringing out Australian teams and promoting football," he added.

"And this is the first of hopefully a number of trips out here, definitely with Perth Glory, and potentially with a few other franchises from Australia."

"We're not just here for a good time... we're here to play football and leave a legacy because we want to grow the game in the future."

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/football...-could-see-more-a-league-clubs-following-suit

Just wanted to mention that the UFL fielded 3 competitive teams on the same day, with UFL Philippines playing a UFL Rest of the World team prior to the UFL All stars facing Perth Glory after the previous match, so the UFL All Stars strength was somewhat diluted. Also the defending UFL champions Ceres FC(which has most of the national team players) refused to lend their players to either the UFL teams or the Philippine team facing Perth Glory today, to give their players a breather after participating in so many international competitions(AFC Cup and Singapore Cup) as well as domestic competitions.

24. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Perth Glory won their final game 2-0 over a depleted Philippine side today.

[​IMG]

Man of the Match was Joe Knowles.

[​IMG]