Official Paulo Bento Thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by killaorca, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should we sack him? The prayer to KNT god.

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Wait

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  1. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Suk Hyun Jun

Son Heung Min----Han Chan Hee----Kwon Chang Hoon

Ju Se Jong----Kwon Kyung Won

LB-----Kim Young Gwon----Kim Min Jae----RB

Cho Hyun Woo​

2. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Change JSJ with LJS and put HCH in CDM and it's a decent formation for now actually.

chook90 repped this.
  3. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Taking jab at his predecessor is one of the first things he does as new KNT coach?

4. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Whether Paulo Bento is a legitimate manager or a fraud will be determined by whether he calls up JHS or not

zeke714 repped this.
  5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Don't know but I'll gladly take it.

6. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    One concern I have is communication. Can KFA attach a competent Portuguese speaker? Does Bento speak any other languages and if so, can he communicate accurately and effectively in that language?

7. zeke714

zeke714 Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Boxsu 박스

PacMan over again repped this.
  8. zeke714

zeke714 Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Don't worry, he won't last one year. Look at his resume. This guy spent a few months and was sacked from inferior leagues. He is Stielike 2.0.

9. smrmgmd

smrmgmd Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bento speaks English. That was one of the checklist for hiring a manager.

Even if he doesn't, all K-league teams have a Portuguese translator for their Brazilian players. I'm sure they can find a translator for the NT.

chook90 repped this.
  10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't think he speaks any other languages but Portuguese. When Coelho first came to Korea, he had a translator that spoke Brazilian Portuguese, but Coelho was displeased with his inaccuracy in translation, so he opted for a French translator since he speaks fluent French. Coelho does speak English, but it's not fluent.

chook90 repped this.
  11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He does? I've never seen him speak English before, almost every interview was in Portuguese.

12. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  13. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    He's definitely not the kind of manager we all wanted, but I'm still hoping for the best. At least the young players will get a lot of chances under him.

At the end of the day, the KFA just wasn't ready to go all out with the cash. So much for Chung Mong Kyu's huge donation. Whatever.

nmssis and chook90 repped this.
  14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Korea vs Iran will be very interesting as I hear Bento and CQ don't like each other. In fact, a lot of the Portuguese people don't like CQ all that much either as I've said before, even Deco called him a piece of shit since he was threatened by CQ that he will be kicked out of the team.

15. smrmgmd

smrmgmd Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He most likely does. English speaking ability was one of their checklist for hiring a manager.

2. If you look at profile of his coaching staff on KFA website, they all speak English. If his coaching staff speak English, I'm assuming he does as well.

[​IMG]

Sergio Costa - Portuguese/English/French

Filipe Coelho - Portuguese/English

[​IMG]

Pedro Pereira - Portuguese/Spanish/English/French

aeh1991, chook90 and Seol Korea repped this.
  16. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I wonder what aspect of coaching Filipe Coehlo specializes in.

17. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well what is done is done. I hope the KFA backs the new coaching staff 100%, and that the team improves.

18. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Guys on a good note, there's no Kim Ho Gon / Lee Yong Soo anymore and Bento is not a yes-man like Stielike or STY. Also, his supporting coaches are by miles better than Armua & company. That's at least a huge improvement, even though I am not fully convinced by Bento's qualities as a manager.

19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Oh maybe this Filipe Coelho fella might be good? He's young and Portugal has been producing some really good talents lately. He might be a hidden gem or some sort?
    Maybe if Bento gets sacked, we get him as a replacement?

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Apparently, Song Jong-gug said that he would've preferred someone like Thierry Henry or Fernando Hierro to take over the national team, someone young and just began his managerial career :rolleyes:. Lately, he's been saying a lot of stupid crap on Kim Byung-ji's channel.

chook90, soul24rage and zeke714 repped this.
  21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bento seems to be very motivated and highly dedicated towards his new challenge with the KNT, he's already eager to going all out.

김 위원장은 이들이 준비한 훈련 내용을 브리핑 받은 뒤 “비디오 분석과 데이터 등 여러 가지 기법을 훈련에 녹일 뿐만 아니라 전술과 체력, 심리 등 같은 훈련도 상황에 따라 다르게 적용한다”며 “벤투 감독이 허락한다면 국내 지도자들이 이들이 준비한 훈련에 참관시키고 싶다. A매치가 없는 기간에는 세미나도 준비해달라고 부탁했다”고 말했을 정도다.

벤투 사단은 2002 카타르월드컵 성공을 향한 열망을 감추지 않고 있어 더욱 든든하다. 김 위원장은 “입국 전부터 대표팀이 훈련하는 파주트레이닝센터에 사무실을 만들어달라는 요청을 받았다”며 “4년 뒤 월드컵이라 17세, 19세 이하 선수들도 대표팀에 합류할 수 있는 만큼 그들을 관찰해야 한다는 이유였다”고 만족감을 내비쳤다. 그러면서 “훈련을 위해 드론을 하늘로 띄울 수 있는지도 확인해달라는 요청을 받았다”고 덧붙였다. 벤투 사단은 가까운 시일 내에 7명으로 늘어날 예정이다. 김 위원장이 선수들과의 가교 역할과 더불어 한국 축구의 발전을 위해 국내 지도자 3명을 대표팀에 합류시킬 계획이기 때문이다. 김 위원장은 “벤투 감독도 국내 지도자들이 합류하는 것에 동의했다” “필드 코치에 2명, 피지컬에 1명 등 총 3명을 고려하고 있다”고 말했다.

- Will be recording and analyzing everything regarding the team/players' training, tactics, physical fitness, and psychology.
    - Wants seminars to be setup during non A-match days in order to get more involved with the domestic coaches.
    - Wants an office setup at the Paju NFC for work, especially scouting and analyzing youth talents.
    - Wants to use drones for training purposes, likely to capture all angles of the training as well as players' movements as such.
    - Bento agreed with the inclusion of domestic coaches, 2 field coaches, and 1 physical coach.
    - Entire coaching staff will be made up of 7 staff members.

Sons of Thunder, Kanuck, chook90 and 4 others repped this.
  22. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Gus Poyet just became available. If we wanna change our minds and naturalize Lee Cattermole...

Sons of Thunder, wetcrispy and killaorca repped this.
  23. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Btw, the roster for the September friendlies is likely set by Kim Pan-gon, and likely the squad from the WC. This is due to the negotiation process taking longer than expected, hence Bento is unable to hand pick the players himself.

- Next week Monday is Bento and his coaching staff's arrival.
    - Wednesday is the official press conference followed by the roster announcement.
    - Training will start the following week.

chook90 repped this.
  24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Wow seems pretty modern...

25. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005