Official Paulo Bento Thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by killaorca, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should we sack him? The prayer to KNT god.

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Wait

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  1. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Predictable how? The money might not be there. But this selection process and the thought that went into it was legit if you're listening to this press conference.

2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    You know his staffs seem pretty professional at least. The fact that they are all sharing 1 million dollars tell me Bento is pretty desperate so he'll want to do his best.

3. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    The dude on the left is him, according to Yonhap.

[​IMG]

PacMan over again repped this.
  4. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    I think it's more than $1.5 mil a year based on the following:

https://sports.news.naver.com/kfootball/news/read.nhn?oid=001&aid=0010275531

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know a lot of people are disappointed, but saying shit like they're gonna throw eggs at Bento when he arrives is stooping really low. Fcuking hell, it will only make us look bad on the radar.

6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  7. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Fcuk those FC Korea and baseball fans. Those mofos’ better not do anything stupid like that.

Bluewings21, chook90 and Seol Korea repped this.
  8. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That the selection process didn't consider domestic managers even after KPG couldn't nab any of the top candidates shows it was faulty. This is basically the same thing that happened with Stielike, hire some ME/CSL manager just because he's foreign and has a resume.

If you think about it KNT manager search is operated just like how CSL clubs do it; just hire anyone that's a reputable foreigner, and ignoring the manager's actual philosophy

9. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    축사국 never learn.

Bluewings21 repped this.
  10. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not my #1 choice, but I wish him the best of luck.

11. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I’ll hold my judgment until later. Since hes motivated. I’ll give him the benefit of the bento box for now.

12. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Yup. And I think that looks like Joao Pinto next to him (who was red carded)...

13. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Our next technical director gotta be someone who actually watches KLeague/JLeague and is acquainted with domestic manager pool

14. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Park Kyung Hoon should be our TD

soul24rage repped this.
  15. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    We're a decade or two behind modern football management that you see with UEFA licensed coaches/managers. Do you really want to perpetuate the Galapagos island syndrome that the KNT has been suffering from?

This isn't like bringing in an inexperienced UliShit with his outdated management philosophy from 30+ years ago either.

DHMGKorea, doraemon and Seol Korea repped this.
  16. zeke714

zeke714 Member

Aug 9, 2018
    I agree. Even though I dislike the guy, atleast show some respect.

17. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I have 0 faith in the KFA and their new lunch box. Hopefully we make the WC. My prediction is that we get kocked out of the AC in the quarterfinals and lunch box is fired after year 2. Choi Yong-soo will Take over after that.

18. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015

someone download and save this video. it might get deleted

kim pangon answered pretty much any question you may have had in detail. im already 100% certain bento wont be another senileike

19. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    what is it with kfa and extremely low budgets? surely the corrupt cnts at hyundai can cough up more money..

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    "전략적 접근에서 감독과 코치팀의 명확한 계획이 있었다고 보여졌지만 높은 수준 질적 접근 이뤄졌는데 상대 분석에 대한 정확한 대응은 아쉬운 평가 있었다. 전술적으로 스웨덴전 첫 경기 라인업과 전술적 대응, 교체 통해 뒤집는 부분은 위원회 아쉬운 평가 있었다. 이 경기에 가장 많은 에너지 쏟으며 준비했기에 더 많은 아쉬움 남겼다. 파워트레이닝 논란, 잦은 전술 변화는 감독의 계획이 있었고 많은 부상 선수가 나와 코치진 논의를 통해 주관적 결정 공감하지만 결국 팀과 선수들에게 자신감 유지하는데 불안전적 요인 작용하는 것 위원회에 아쉬운 평가 있었다."

Bluewings21, doraemon and Hodori repped this.
  21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    There's a manager merry-go-round but now you want one for TD...

chook90 repped this.
  22. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Looks like everyone was wrong abt Bento with no coaches. Anyway, KPG did his best.. its not his fault that Korea is not Spain or that Korea cant afford a lot of money..

At least Bento looks rly passionate. He prob also knows that its his last chance to step up..

23. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    #47 Hodori, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Actually, Ulsan, as a city, has been in a death spiral with Hyundai motors and Hyundai heavy industries both struggling. Hyundai heavy industries has been particularly hit hard with the lack of ship/platform orders.

It's pretty dire actually. It's to the point that I heard that one of the reasons why Genesis cars are made with steel rather than aluminum, which would save on weight, is that Hyundai motors needs to help out Hyundai heavy and the excess steel capacity that they've been suffering. So it's not like they're swimming in cash like back in 2000 when Hiddink came over.

That being said, they have been so parsimonious since with the KFA funding. I did wish they would have released more funds to get a higher tier manager. But every decent candidate (without huge baggage) seemed to have been asking for exorbitant wages.

24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    From left to right: Bento(Left), Rui Jorge(Middle), Park Ji-sung(Right).

25. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    There's actually another quote that I was referring to about players coming back from their elite training at their clubs coming back to the KNT and not being met with the same level of training/coaching.

Seol Korea repped this.
  26. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    Yeah, Ulsan is starting to sound like Detroit.

Empty shipyard and suicides as South Korea's 'Hyundai Town' grapples with grim future

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/e...koreas-hyundai-town-grapples-with-grim-future

Sons of Thunder repped this.