Official Palm user thread

Discussion in 'Technology' started by AndrewGK, Mar 12, 2003.

1. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    Time for my contribution to the geek forum.

Curious if there are any Palm device users out there. I currently use a Palm m515. It's a sweet device. :D

2. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    i have the palm V

it isn't in color, it isn't fancy like some of the newer ones...but it keeps phone numbers and has a date book, which is really all i need <i would mind getting internet access but i can live w/o it>

3. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    The Palm V is a good Palm, if you want just the basics, and don't need color or a lot of memory.

Plus it looks sharp! :)

4. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is a Palm users thread, but I am curious what you guys think of Blackberry. I am looking to acquire a PDA of sorts post graduation and have heard some good things about it, but I want hear about Palm and BB from users of each.

5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Okay. I am officially the dumbest human being on earth. I accidentally dropped by Palm (Handspring Visor, same difference) and now the bottom half of the screen is completely black.

The software works fine but the screen seems to be jacked. I obviously can't see the bottom half and the stylus doesn't seem to work, though I really can't be sure.
    Is there a way to fix this, short of sending it to the shop, which would cost me as much as a new Palm would? Thanks.

6. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
  7. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I just got a Sony Clie from ebay to replace my broken Handspring Visor. Not bad at all.

Vindingo is Freddy Adu's gift to mankind.

8. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    Old Time User.

Had the Palm Professional

Then Had the Palm VX

Just made the move over to Sony Clie.

I I have the SJ-33 with color screen, built in MP3 player and all the bells and whistles. Runs Palm OS. It is a sweet little PDA. I won't go back to Palm. Sony's hardware is much better.

9. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    I almost went with something in the Sony Clie line, however I didn't like the buttons nearly as much as I liked the buttons on the Palm.

10. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Is there a good place to download Palm freeware/shareware? Download.com is okay but I wish there was more.

Then again, I've already used up about 11 megs on my Clie so I should clear out take out the software I'm not using.

11. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    I have AFLette. She can recall any appointments, friend's birthdays, or meetings I have scheduled much much faster than any Palmn Pilot can.

Though she was of no cost to me to get, she is much much more expensive to maintain. But with the added features that no Palm (or palm, for that matter) could ever replicate, she's most definately worth the price.

:)

12. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Well, I am trying to teach my Clie to control the dishwasher.

(bracing myself for a beatdown)

13. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    Anyone here ever use HandyShopper? Freeware program for the PalmOS platform - great for doing grocery shopping and keeping track of how much money you spend.

14. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    For those who want a Palm, but were waiting for a price break ....

Open Box Sale by Palm, Inc.

$100 off the regular price of selected models. This weekend only, apparently, and stock is allegedly limited.

Just an FYI.

15. Iason

Iason Member

Feb 7, 2003
    The Fort
    My cellphone does all the things that a Palm does. With better games also.