Official Pablo (as coach) thread

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by ~F8~, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    He (Balboa) may have had an offer and wisely turned it down knowing what he would be getting into and also knowing he lacked 'big time' coaching experience. Being slightly younger and perhaps more passionate Pablo apparently didn't have that wisdom.

2. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Frankly, I'd never complain about someone swinging for the fences and taking a job they didn't have a lot of experience in. I've applied for a few jobs that might have been a stretch. :rolleyes: Of course, they weren't crazy enough to hire me. That says more about the people offering the job than the person taking it.

jayd8888, Rod1916 and Dom. FC repped this.
  3. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys are aware that Balboa has never had any real interest in coaching, right? He at one point considered maybe going for a GM position someplace, but then decided not to after the Alexi Lalas disaster in LA. I'm pretty sure he's fine working at the sports desk considering he's got multiple jobs, including one with a national broadcaster.

Steve Trittschuh might be worth a look considering how well he's been doing in Colorado Springs so far.

...or if KSE actually had the desire to invest in a good coach, there is a realistic chance Sigi might not have a job at the end of October.

COMtnGuy, fortcollins, Stuart95 and 2 others repped this.
  4. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As an aside, Pablo's coaching is a mess, and I don't think he has what it takes to run a team at this level.

However, I don't think he was ever put in a position where he could have been successful. He's was not given a chance to gain experience in a way that didn't put the team into a blender, and he's had basically no support staff, and an FO that has been mediocre at building a roster.

Pablo was set up for failure on Day 1.

Cos_Mos, fortcollins, GreatGonzo and 5 others repped this.
  5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From a fan's perspective the 3-headed leadership have all failed.

I'm aware that Hinchey has done a number of good things for the finances of the club, but most of what he's done matters very little to the average fan. Sponsorships, season ticket sales, etc.

At the very least Pablo and Bravo are in gots to go situations and I'd include Hinchey myself but then I'm not exactly unbiased on that front.

Jimmydinho repped this.
  6. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.flysigns.com/op-denver.php

I'm in for $$$ if someone wants to take the lead. I'd do so if I wasn't in Seattle.

Jimmydinho repped this.
  7. Jimmydinho

Jimmydinho Member+

Jul 6, 2007
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and when they have lined up for their third fly over 60 minutes into the 0-0 draw, from his luxurious perch above the Pepsi Center the enraged Kroenke quickly calls in the order for the fireworks to be shot off early, "now dammit Josh, now" he hisses into the phone. on national tv the plane bravely ducks and barrel rolls through a barrage of multi-shot peony fire bombs and crackling pyrotechnics, catching only the "KSE, PABLO, BRAVO & HINCHEY OUT" vinyl message aflame. thinking quickly and in the interest of his safety, the pilot disconnects the burning passenger from the plane, only for the swirling and blazing 25 foot long banner to drop like an enraged dragon onto the pitch in a horrifying molten plastic heap, atop the lone cowering figure of Adebayor.

Arsenal fans around the stadium and world leap to their feet with applause.

8. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw a cool plane "banner" at the Orlando game lst week. After dark so the plane had lights on the bottom spelling out the ad. It flew around the stadium and everyone looking up could read the ad on the bottom of the plane.

10. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's very cool. I can see a silhouette of a middle finger with KSE spelled out on the palm going over very well in that medium.

11. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    The next step is to set up a kick starter to fund this

Jimmydinho repped this.
  13. AvaiBunton

AvaiBunton Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Already emailed and spoke to the company. I'll have a quote/price in the morning. Looking at reviews, ranges from $500 to $10,000 depending on the length of flight, time of day and banner type.

14. AvaiBunton

AvaiBunton Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've also gotten the rough draft drawing for the reaper plus tombstone down, I'll start painting next week!

15. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I would think gofundme or something like that might work better. Kickstarter is geared more towards setting up a company. Of course given the way things have gone, setting up an entity who can do this multiple times may be appropriate.

Rod.

jayd8888 repped this.
  16. AvaiBunton

AvaiBunton Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    It'll be really cool to see how much money this raises. Gotta pimp this gofundme all over the inter-webs. I guess there's some other logistical issues to like the deadline for when they need their order. I'm loving this.

AvaiBunton repped this.
  18. AvaiBunton

AvaiBunton Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Done and done. Look into the link http://www.gofundme.com/KSEOUTBanner

Also, if anyone wants to put this up into Facebook, have at it! I'm not on it, but I think we could have one h*ll of a following if this gets noticed!

Paranoid Coyote repped this.
  19. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which game are you aiming for? Like it has been suggested, the All-Star game has the Media flood that simply could not ignore it.

20. AvaiBunton

AvaiBunton Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Allstar Game. This will have the biggest "bang" for it's buck. The banner will start @7pm and run for 30min. Most likely that will be towards the end of the first half when EVERYONE has arrived and watching. I've already got the contract from the company, we just need to confirm the message is all. (And raise another $450, but payment isn't needed for another 2 weeks)
    I'm not going, but please oh please, let's get shots of this...every paper in Denver needs a copy of it!! Heck, even the MLS Media Director needs a copy.

Jimmydinho, jayd8888 and COMtnGuy repped this.
  21. Jimmydinho

Jimmydinho Member+

Jul 6, 2007
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gimme a week til my bank account refreshes and i'll contribute. do you want to cross post this over on reddit or facebook too, to get more eyes?

22. AvaiBunton

AvaiBunton Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go for it! I'm not on FB and haven't been on Reddit, so if you don't mind... The more eyes the better IMO...

23. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    do it

24. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @AvaiBunton Huge rep for taking the lead on this. Hopefully it gets noticed.

Will more money equate to more flight time, or is that locked in at 30 min?

25. AvaiBunton

AvaiBunton Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Now we have the audience we haven't had before, so no better time to show our frustrations.

$125 for an extra 15min of flight, so unless we raise it in those increments, I'd say 30min will get noticed and do the trick!