Official Olympiakos thread

Discussion in 'Greece & Cyprus' started by Icarus_222, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Icarus_222

Icarus_222 New Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club History/Outline

Okay, here we can discuss as the goings on with OSFP.

First topic, the on-going saga of Ze Roberto. I've heard from a solid person who has connections that Ze Roberto has signed a deal with Olympiakos for 2+1 years for near to 8 million Euros.

2. nikolaos1981

nikolaos1981 New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    I hope you are right,although I am really tired waiting to see if the speculation will become reality.The journalists found a way to fill their pages,but playing with our nerves is simply outrageous!

3. Icarus_222

Icarus_222 New Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Well, it's reported Besiktas made an offer but his wife did not wish to live in Turkey, so he refused them. Then Zenit came and offered 13 million for 3 seasons, but again his wife did not wish to move to Russia.

Betis came along and made a decent offer of about 1.2-1.5 million per season, but they are not playing in Europe. He was mulling it over but it *appears* even though Spain in his first choice of country, he wishes to play for a European bound club.

Then there were rumours of Leverkusen being interested but Voller denied it.

So that leaves OSFP, who have tabled an offer of about 8 million Euros for 3 seasons, with CL football and a chance to play with his old buddy Rivaldo, or some Japanese club who is offering crazy money.

4. Dimo_1908

Dimo_1908 New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I've just read that Olympiakos has withdrawn their interest in signing Ze Roberto, I think partly motivated by the fact the player won't give an answer before the 20th, whereas Greek teams need to register players until the 17th or 3 days before the start of the Super Legue. :confused: :confused:

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/AEth/Olympiacos/126424.html
    http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/AEth/Olympiacos/126433.html

5. Icarus_222

Icarus_222 New Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Yes it looks certain he will not be going there.

6. nikolaos1981

nikolaos1981 New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Another disaster!As one of Olympiakos's official members I hope mr.Agelopoulos will become chairman in football as well.If the football team had spent the amount of money,that the basketball team spent this summer we could mount a serious challenge for this year's CL title!

7. Icarus_222

Icarus_222 New Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Look if OSFP offered the money they claim, then it was the best financial offer for Ze Roberto except for the Japanese team which had no real chance anyhow.

It's difficult to lure such players to Greece. At least they tried.

8. nikolaos1981

nikolaos1981 New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    I don't believe that this is true.Players like Ze Roberto play even in turkey(where conditions are worse)as long as they are paid well.But in Olympiakos as well we 've seen the past years some great transfers(Giovanni from Barca,Zahovic from Porto)and other great players like Karembeu,Rivaldo signed on a free transfer.In my opinion the chairman either got tired spending money without seeing any improvement in the club's CL preformances,or is no longer involded personally in the club affairs as he used to do in the past.Either way I think is the right time for the young tycoon to take over.

9. nikolaos1981

nikolaos1981 New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Greek clubs may sign free players(like ze roberto)till the 31st of August.The club desperately needs a player like ze roberto.I hope the board will reconsider,after Saturday's poor performance.

10. Icarus_222

Icarus_222 New Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Toronto
    The Greek transfer window is now closed as of last Friday.

11. nikolaos1981

nikolaos1981 New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    It is true that the transfer deadline has passed,but there is an exception for players who are currently free and looking for a club. . .(like ze roberto).

12. Icarus_222

Icarus_222 New Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Valencia
    Roma
    Olympiakos
    Shakhtar

Not an easy group at all. Can OSFP win on the road? That will be the difference my lads.

13. nikolaos1981

nikolaos1981 New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    I don't think we 'll go through to the next round.On the other hand,who knows?With a bit of luck(and the signing of ze roberto),we might qualify.

14. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    Hope Rivaldo can perform some miracles. Or else look like no chance to go to the next round. Do Olympiakos pay Rivaldo very high salary?

15. nikolaos1981

nikolaos1981 New Member

Jun 1, 2006

Unfortunately we don't stand a chance.As for Rivaldo,he was paid 1.8 million euros per year for his first 2 years in the club(total:3.6 million euros).For this season I am not quite sure,but I think he is paid a little less.

16. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    yes, Olympiakos is gonna be out of champions league. But hope they can go to uefa cup.

also what is the meaning of the logo of olympiakos? [​IMG]

does that guy in the picture has any meaning in greek or for the club? is he a greek-god? also what is the meaning of the words around the head?

17. nikolaos1981

nikolaos1981 New Member

Jun 1, 2006

yes,the guy is supposed to be a winner of an ancient olympic game(that is why he is wearing a laurel-wreath on his head).As for the words:Ολυμπιακος(=Olympic)-Συνδεσμος(=association)-Φιλαθλων(=fans)-Πειραιως(=Piraeus)

The club was established in 1925(in Piraeus),by a group of fans who decided that the club's name should signify the olympic values in which they believed.

18. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  19. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    Quiet in here.

[​IMG]

Hopefully hes as good as advertised.

20. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hes good but he prolly will never play for you

21. rihana

rihana New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    paris france
    Just wanted to pay a trbute to THE greatest ever player to put on the olym. shirt, and also for the people who doubted hi m when he first joined. Yes you've guessed it's RIVALDO.
    Obviously was'nt the same plyer of 1999 but nevertheless his overall appetite for the game was not dimenished.He was lacking in speed but his dribbling, scoring, his pinpoint passing was still world class.
    His prescense on the field was immense and his sheer ability to carve out space for team mates by dribbling past 6 players made the task of winning matches that much easier.
    His loyalty and love for the club was evident when he announced that he was gonna leave the club after 3 successful years.Tears rolling down his face and relunctantly announcing the end of his wonderful time in Greece.
    For the first time in footballing term's the guy felt loved and admired because he had 40 000 fans singing his name in each match. Never had he experienced such adulation before. THANKYOU OLYM. SUPPORTERS FOR MAKING RIVALDO WELCOME.

Rivaldo is no flashy guy with false smiles or glamour women hanging off his arm but a very private and humble guy who loves nothing more than his wife and kids and also obviously his passion for football.

Maybe he's not as loved as ronaldo or ronaldinho because he did'nt sell himself commercially. He was loyal to mizuna even when Nike wanted him and were very disappointed not to get his signature. He did'nt do many ad's because he' a very private guy.

Anyway i love the guy to bits in fact i've got the hot's for him[​IMG] so i hope he continues in football and enjoy's many success ahead

p.s sorry for my english because i'm actually a frenchie[​IMG]
    pps i hope i did'nt bore you too much!!!

22. efexor

efexor Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Greece
    rihana no mate, your post was great on rivaldo and defently not boring at all:) ,
    RIVALDO doesnt want to leave greece as he said..but another team AEK is intrested in him and we all hope he signs and doesnt leave ..soon we will see.

cheers

23. rihana

rihana New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    paris france
    I 've heard that some german team are after his signature. IMO i think that would be a bad move esp. for a player who is coming to end the of his career
    The bundesliga is not suited to him and he would be better off playing in either La liga or even the french league ( very similar in style to the greek league) Anyway who'd want to play in Germany if you've spent the past 3 years in glorious Greece!!!!

24. rihana

rihana New Member

Apr 23, 2007
    paris france
    I don't think he'll join direct rivals AEK. Being such a loyal guy I think he'll move on having left his mark in greek football. In the past he had the choice to play for Real madrid after his dissapointing time in AC Milan but due to his respect for Barcelona he refused. What a guy!!!!!