Official NY Red Bulls vs. Real Salty Dogs 8/26 [R] Pre, During, Post-Match thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by ag nigrin, Aug 24, 2006.

1. jbeall

jbeall New Member

Jan 18, 2002
    NJ by way of GA
    I'm back from the RSL pbp thread, and I wasn't wrong. Just check out page 12 of their pbp thread to see what I mean.

Great game by the Bulls. Save some of these goals for a game where we actually need them!!!!

2. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metro has tied a franchise record with 6 goals in one game. (I guess Dallas and Mathis' five goal game is the other?)

I think this may be the largest margin of victory ever for Metro

3. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    90' and if St. Silva has any heart it'll be two minutes of injury time

4. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FK Cunningham takes headed up in the air Tony punches it out for a CK

blocked another CK headed out

41 seconds into stoppage time he blows the whistle

NO HAY TIEMPO PARA MAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004

Who say Marvell can't cross

6. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations! It's great for the league that your team has turned the corner. Great to see Woly get a goal and two assists. Anyway, glad you guys are finally getting your stadium, that Youri is back from his AWOL, and that Arena and the team seem to be clicking. I'm really happy for the true diehard fans that didn't bail on the team.

...And you're starting to get semi-decent attendance numbers again...

Things are definitely looking up. Next, go stick a pasting on DC United. The Galaxy just handed them their hat, and they're ripe for the picking!:)

7. SoccerFanA1

SoccerFanA1 New Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Maybe this will wake Buddle up.

8. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buddle who????

Good job by the guys I think Woly and Buddle are good players cause Wolly can hold the ball,and create. That gives Buddle a easier time good job!!

CMON YOU BULLS!

9. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes; and shake the whole team up a bit. I think Shep's point was well taken that with Edson & Woly up front, Youri drops back to where he belongs. Notice how little Henderson was missed?

10. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have our selves a team? I seem to like how the 2nd half went we seemed to have a great ballance great win nice to see Edson get back to his scoring ways! :)

11. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can do this (the 4-3-1-2) against a ten man team bunkering.

But I'm not convinced a team built like that could work defensively 11 on 11 against a team coming forward

12. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they could :eek:

It looked to me that the team played more collected but we'll see.

13. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    No chump... you are on edge after we demolished your team 6-0 ... yes read it again 6-0 and yes you were trolling so get on little doggie...

14. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't want to celebrate too early, I hate to hype, I was sincerely worried about how things would turn out tonight. I'll just state my personal feelings of the game: I feel like I just got home from a night of really really really satisfying sex . . one time was great, two times was better . . by goal 4, me and my friends were shaking eachother till we had whiplash.

I hope the Bulls are here to stay, and that this wasn't just some lucky shot. I know RSL were down a man, but I don't think that excuses the keeper from allowing 6 goals - we outplayed them, we kept the ball on their half for the majority of the game, they never had a chance.

Favorite moment of the game:
    Dema knocking over Cunningham, and when lending a hand to help him up, Cunningham quickly pulls away like a little boy throwing a temper tantrum.

Poor baby! GO RED BULLS!!!

15. tknowlton

tknowlton New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Cyberspace
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Congratulations Red Bulls on a great game. I saw the first half on tape delay and when I found out the final score on the internet I couldn't watch the second half. Could this be the beginning of a rein of terror for NY?

NY has always been the team I have cheered for in the East and though this loss is very difficult for me and the other RSL faithful, I am glad it was against you guys and not DCU.

16. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    We hope you enjoyed the game. :D

In your honor, the Red Bulls scored a goal for each of your wives.

17. Kelly Hrdina

Kelly Hrdina Member

RBNY
    United States
    Oct 22, 2001
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny thing is that most of his poor crosses come when he beats someone with pace. On the cross he put on Buddle's head for the goal, Marvell was practically standing still after collecting a loose ball. It was definitely a thing of beauty.

18. SpassMacher2000

Jun 15, 2006
    I just saw the score and nearly spilled my gin and juice all over my laptop. I am seriously impressed by this victory. Were we just that good, or did Real Salt Lake just not show up?

19. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Congratulations on the big win.

Not a fan of the whole 'Redbulls' name though, it'll always be MetroStars to me...

Haven't been watching much, watched a lot more last season, when the team was actually watch-able.

Bout time you bastards did something!;)

20. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    I agree Tom but I think it is now obvious that Hendo has to sit and Youri, if he plays, has to be in the midfield... I even think Jordan Cila should get more minutes and perhaps let him start in place of Hendo... I also thought John Wolyniec played a very good game and gave excellent passes...I think he had two or three assists tonight... I know I have been harsh on the Bungler, but he finally showed he can score...so kudos to you Edson...tonight you lived up to your first name (Pele's)...

I just got back from the game and I must say this was such a refreshing and complete romp of a very good team even if they were playing w/ 10 men.. Is 6-0 a franchise record? I can't remember the Bulls winning by such a large margin and gaining a shutout as well... To be honest the score could have easily been 9-0!! I hope this victory translates into somthing positive as we have a road trip vs. KC, Chicago, and NE coming up and we have to win at least one of these games and draw the other two...

21. SpassMacher2000

Jun 15, 2006

The metrostars are dead. Get over it.

22. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad RSL fans are accepting reality over in their thread on this game. They (for the most part) have a lot of class.

23. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Thanks tknowlton... you are a true gentleman...unlike some of the other arrogant RSL BS posters.. You are welcome here anytime...

24. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Give it time man... give it time... Red Bulls is building us a new stadium, and a new team... Building both of these take time...so lay off and if you don't like the Red Bulls then don't watch them and get yee gone...

25. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, if you're watching a game and literally all you can think of is a Dave Chappelle skit, you're a moron.

And FYI, just about every major f***ing team in the world can be considered a sell-out if they have a major sponsor on their jersey. You need sponsors to be able to help fund the success of the team, what exactly is wrong with this?

Also, as far as "one good result" is concerned, you need to put on your reading glasses and check RBNY's current stats. They are a little better than that.

Keep your mouth shut or risk furthering your reputation as an idiot.