Official NY Red Bulls vs. Real Salty Dogs 8/26 [R] Pre, During, Post-Match thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by ag nigrin, Aug 24, 2006.

1. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    OK so we are reeling after two straight losses under El Bruce... but there is light at the end of the tunnel... besides we have been excellent at home of late
    and it should be nice on Saturday vs the Real Salty Dogs so hopefully the team can turn things around.. but Real and Cunningham have turned things around recently...they are on a 3 game winning streak and they won two of those on the road...is it their time for a stinker? They will be more rested in that they had no game on Wednesday and the Bulls did...

Dema will be back, Woly too... what ever happen to the Marcus Schopp signing.. Tom Fina said about 10 days ago it was a done deal...que passa amigo?

So glad the Hall of Fame game has been cancelled...as the Bulls now need to focus on getting into the playoffs...they need a new streak... Is Meola gonna play this Saturday? I would vote for the undefeated goalkeeper Conway to start, but Bruce loves Tony so I figure he starts until injured again.... Does Dema take over Knuckles or Hendo's spot... what about Stammy? Do you use Woly instead of the Bungler?

In any case, hope you all can come and cheer the boys on Saturday night...they are gonna need us...

2. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm bringing my ACS Tourney team. If RBNY can't get a goal in the first half, I'm subbing my co-ed squad in!!! :mad:

3. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may come :D Go Woly :D

4. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Conway
    Wynne Parke Mendes Dunivant
    O'Rourke
    Stammler Kovalenko
    Guevara
    Djorkaeff Wolyniec​

RBNY 2-1 RSL. Woly gets his first goal at home in a Red Bull jersey along with another Stammler stunner. Cunningham will tally his 15th goal of the season for RSL.

5. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm maybe Schoop if we got him for Stamler ;)

6. twelfth man

twelfth man New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Connecticut
    Meola
    O'Rourke
    Henderson Kovalenko
    Guevara
    Djorkaeff Buddle

7. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This lineup works for me.

8. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Conway need to get a chance.......again. Who is faster Jeff(Richie) Cunningham or Wynne???? This should be something to observe.

9. jtrex

jtrex Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Providence
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're playing the Syracuse Salty Dogs?!? They're the REAL Salty Dogs! But alas they are no more.

10. jtrex

jtrex Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Providence
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok I say we win 1-0 here. We're at home and RSL's good fortune can't last forever.

As far as starters, I'm with the rest of you about Conway. Don't think it will happen just yet, but I think it should. And you gotta bring Woly in 3/4 of the way through. Don't start him. Keep Buddle up top with DJorkaeff. If you want to mix up anything up front move DJorkaeff back to Mid with Guevara and put someone else up there. Say Magee starts and you can bring in Woly for either him or Buddle, whoever is sitting on their butt the most.

11. jtrex

jtrex Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Providence
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoops, I forgot Magee is hurt. Crap! I guess Woly will have to get re-aclimated quickly.

12. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
  13. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Thanks for picking up my allusion to the old Syracuse USL team... but this is the REAL thing...

14. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Remember: Nobody beats the Wiz (aka Marvel)!

15. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by USFootiefan1980
    Conway
    O'Rourke
    Stammler Kovalenko
    Guevara
    Djorkaeff Wolyniec

RBNY 2-1 RSL. Woly gets his first goal at home in a Red Bull jersey along with another Stammler stunner. Cunningham will tally his 15th goal of the season for RSL.

Me too .. I hope Meola, Hendo + the Bungler sit... but I'll believe it when I see it...

16. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to see it happen but both he and Arvizu will be out due to U-20 duties. I'd like to see Laventure come on as a sub though.

17. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Laventure still alive? He seems to have fallen off the face of the planet lately. Or does Arena not think that highly of him.

18. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    You are correct USFootiefan1980... I didn't realize that the Busan Cup was already upon us... they left today for South Korea..

http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_281288.html

20. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whar worries me is he might be dominant youth player due to size advantage. Does not look especially fast or quick which may hurt him when he plays against guys hisown size. Skill level is nowhere what Eddie Gaven's was at that age that is for sure in the 2 times I have seen himplay. I was actually disappointed in agility and skill set for such a highly touted youth player.

21. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd have to agree with that assessment. He might be just way too physical for other under 17s to handle right now. But looking at our current roster anyone with warm blood and a beating heart would seem to be an upgrade, and who knows how he'll project over the next 3 to 4 years. I just hope we as fans get a chance to see him develop and then reap the rewards if in fact he does turn out to be a stud.

22. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't want to see Altidore as a starter till 2008-2009 or atleast try to hold him and let him get stronger not the Gaven experiment again.

23. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Good overview of the match at nynj matchnight go to http://nynj.matchnight.com/metroindex.cfm?page=ARTICLE&show=19742

The writer predicts the Bulls will win 2-1... I hope he is right... RSL are on a 3 game win streak as I mentionned earlier... and look dangerous on the road as well... If we can keep Kreis, Klein and Cunningham in check and score some goals we will win...

24. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope he's right this time. I think he predicted the same score for the Crew game...:rolleyes:

25. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ives predicts RSL 2 - RBNY 0 :eek:

But by his own admission he was 0 - 5 last week so I'm not losing sleep tonight over it :D