Official national team thread - 2008 Edition (Part III)

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by R9Kevinr9, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Re: El Salvador MNT 2008, News & Comments -part III

Senor bendito!!, a Salvador Coreas que dios te cuide llegando a ES, oportunidad de gol que no se perdonan y no vuelven.....unbelievable, the kid was all alone against the goalie, you either immediately kick for a goal or you go one on one against the goalie, but shi* face decides to pass the ball into traffic, i think he shi**ed on his pants or something (you need to reattach your balls, man that pissed me off!!) 2nd chance he had like the guy said above you should of chipped it over the goalie, guaranteed goals. DLC immediately should of taken Coreas out of the game after those mistakes & had Reyes come in for him, i dont think he even should of play at the forward position, hes not cut up for it he needs more experience. What was DLC thinking, not starting Cheyo... everybody notice the big difference when he came in, el era el motorcito de la selecta, but why take out Castillo? he did have a yellow card though.....Salazar to young for these types of games, Corrales great game, Pacheco se miraba flojo, Montes awesome like always, there was nothing he could of done in that goal.... We absolutely dominated the second half....HORRIBLE job by the referee, he missed 2 hand balls inside the penalty area, we would of been up by 2....HORRIBLE, should he had let the game continue? the field was in a horrible condition to play in. It seem that the referee was favoring Panama....im not upset with the 1-0. Well get them in ES... its payback time bitc*es!!!

2. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Los técnicos de Panamá, Alexandre Guimaraes, y de El Salvador, Carlos de Los Cobos, coincidieron en la rueda de prensa posterior al partido que los panameños ganaron este domingo 1-0 a los cuscatlecos en que ya piensan en la revancha del próximo domingo y felicitaron a sus pupilos por razones diferentes.......

Link: De los Cobos, insatisfecho, destaca "entrega"

La selección cuscatleca volverá al país en dos grupo, uno por la mañana y otro por la noche.......

Link: La selección volverá a casa en dos grupos

3. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Ref wasn't bad, IMO. Definitely was not favouring either team. Yes he missed the hand ball, but that happens.

To me, more than anything it was the ground that let us down. When it stopped raining we played so much better. On atleast two occasions we had a break away but the ground would just stop the ball because of the water. Hopefully it either doesn't rain next week, or our ground holds up better than this one.

4. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

No bro we must of been watching a different game, he missed 2 hand balls in the penalty area, at least 2 yellow cards against Panama... i dont know But where i was watching the game everybody agreed that the referee did a shitt* job for the most part. Its not an excuse, we had several chances to tied the game, but we have to many young kids que le pesan la camisola...i ask myself would Cerritos (if he would of beent there)... Reyes or Zelaya have missed those opportunities that Coreas had, Coreas is a good player but not in the forward posistion??? i think DLC is thinking it twice...:confused:overall ES has a good chance of wining this coming sunday in el Cusca...as long as they keep the ball on the ground.

5. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

I thought the 1st half was bullshit, and that some parts of the 2nd were stupid calls too. Towards the end it was a little even.
    Coreas, finally showed you all why he shouldn't start. Next time listen to me ya? lol jk, but really if you guys still think this kid should start, you guys don't want ES to the next round.

6. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

That ref was definately some garbage most of the game.

It wasn't until he saw ES dominating that he started to call evenly. But that crap saw the Panama players blatantly clothsline/tackle recklessly and didn't call the foul. But when ES made a foul......card......SMH...

There was this one shot in the 1st half by Corrales that hit the Panama defender's hand in the box and the ref didn't call a PK....I was LIVID.....

Same here bro. This is why I said in another thread that I believed he could help as a sub at the very least, because some experience is vital in the WCQ's.

7. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Una de las sorpresas que causó la alineación titular de la azul ante Panamá fue la incorporación del meta Miguel Montes.......

Link: Juanjo no fue titular por "decisión técnica"

8. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  9. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Bad ref, bad field, hostile environment (in and out of the field) and the team comes back home only down 1 goal. I'm very happy with that result... Specially after reading your comments and reading the comments from others 'offline' that saw the game.

The team, just like us fans, should feel very confident and happy about our chances in El Cuscatlan Sunday.

10. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  11. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

I'm very pleased with everyone's performance, except Coreas. Everyone played a great game, at first Ramon Sanchez was a little off, but then came up big.

12. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  13. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

[​IMG]

Panafeos gritando... NO, goooooooooolllll de El Salvador !!!
    ....this sunday we're going to return the favor, la mara los va a desvelar por bocones, a donde esta la goliada??? I was watching some videos, these guys were acting like a*sholes to a few of our fans. I say we bomb there hotel rooms with Bananas, lol j/k. im acting a fool!

14. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

So what happens if the Global ends 1-1?

Will it go to OT or PKs?

15. freze

freze Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Texas

Will go to two halfs of 15 min. If nobody scores by then, is going to be decided by pks.

16. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Oh so it's Golden Goal in OT?

17. freze

freze Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Texas
  18. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

I'm pretty sure the Golden Goal rule no longer exists. So if it does go into OT then it will just be goals as normal (away goal for Panama, home goal for us).

19. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah me too....but he said "If nobody scores..."

Well anyways, thanks for answering my questions.

20. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Interview with Williams Reyes

Todos estaban pendientes de él. La pregunta del millón era si jugaría de titular o no, si se adaptaría a tiempo, si marcaría en el Rod Carew.......

Link: Los panameños nos menospreciaron

21. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Spotlight on Cristian Castillo

Llegó de última hora, tuvo su primer partido oficial con la Selecta y mostró gran personalidad.......

Link: Castillo no se achica

22. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  23. L.A.Firpo84

L.A.Firpo84 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

“Nuestra selección no se asusta”
    Carlos De los Cobos, seleccionador nacional, aseguró que su equipo mantuvo el equilibrio en el juego de ida ante Panamá, pese a la derrota. El entrenador azteca quedó conforme con el rendimiento que mostró su plantel.
    http://www.laprensagrafica.com/accion/1081530.asp

Ofrecen motivar a la selección
    http://www.laprensagrafica.com/accion/1081675.asp

Prensa panameña en medio de las dudas
    http://www.laprensagrafica.com/accion/1081537.asp

Fuerza por la Azul
    Tres de las principales barras del país hicieron un llamado para apoyar a la selección en el juego del domingo ante los panameños.
    http://www.laprensagrafica.com/accion/1081627.asp

24. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Hopefully the stadium will be packed, the canaleros look frighten coming to el cusca. It's going to be real tough with 50k salvatruchos throwing piss bags and chanting culero at you. :cool: lol

25. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

There's no doubt Cusca will be packed.

If it's not then damn it they should never have our home games in ES again period. Bring them here to DC/RFK Stadium lol.

Here are GolTv's highlights of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye5TG-kcigk

Notice how they don't talk at all about how ES played :mad: