Official Metrohacks-Crew thread [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by CrewToon, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Vistula

Vistula New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Garfield
    Looked it up myself...5-15-2 counting Open Cups.

Now I understand. I'd hate him too.

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

what's metrostars all-time record in cup finals??

We don't hate Bradley as much as we hate twats like you.

3. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
  4. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Sure he could have done something. Besides watching a 50 yarder float into the box 5 yards from him, he could have actually gotten over there and plucked it from the air as any other first division keeper would have done. First big mistake I've seen him make in a long time.

5. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    All I'm saying is that when FSW replays this game some time next week, watch that Oughton tackle on Gaven. He got 100% ball. It was a good tackle by Oughton and a great acting job by Gaven. Really if it hurt as much as he let on or to the effect that that one Metro idiot said he lifted his leg or some sh!t, do you really think Gaven would have been able to jump right up after the the tool ref gave Oughton the yellow card and start sprinting arournd the place. He didn't even limp, not even a little. It was a dive and a good one. Watch the replay.

I don't even know why Wolyenic was even in the game to get that shot off. As soon as Wolly steped on the field the Crew should have sent in McCarty. McCarty deserved a little paypack and Wolly deserved a broken checkbone or orbital.

6. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    That loss by DC makes this weekend all the more damning. It's great to believe and all, but this team is mired is suck until proven otherwise.

The more and more I see Bradley teams play, the more I start to believe that the guy is a downright piece of *#*#*#*#. He brings out the worst in his players, and unfortunately it pays off in this league.

But I still say FIRE SMITH AND ANDRULIS!!!

7. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Just because I like to nitpick, but Gaven only drew one yellow card during his stint, unless Clint Mathis is Gaven in disguise.

I know people pretty-much see what they want to see, but I think you're wrong on this one, and I say this after watching the play a number of times. First, Oughton got the ball before he got anything else; he got enough of it to knock it out of bounds. I'm not saying he didn't get any of Gaven, but he went into the ball first. Secondly, having watched Oughton enough during his MLS stint, I think it's safe to say that had he tried to break Gaven's leg he would have succeeded.

8. dAyDreAmEr5

dAyDreAmEr5 New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    i'm a *CaLi GirL*
    Turning the ball over? He had 4 turnovers all game...one he got back, two were on crosses, and one was on that throw in. too bad the defender came out of no where, it was more lack of going to the ball than a bad throw in. As for poor clearances he had a lot of great headers to clear the ball away and on the one he kicked way out of bounds(for no reason it seemed) was probably because no one told him he had time. he plays solidly every game. i dont think he has ever had an "ugh" game. Sometimes he plays better than other times but he is always a solid player out there. He makes runs and sometimes he seems to be one of the few players that tries to make something happen. i know some people might not like him cuz of the damn white shoes but i dont see any actual reason to say he plays bad.

9. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    jeez....nothing to say about anything until it comes to sticking up for Denton.

Wake up. He's wank.

10. dAyDreAmEr5

dAyDreAmEr5 New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    i'm a *CaLi GirL*
    what can i say i am a quiet person. i have been reading all of these comments for quite a while now and decided enough is enough. you guys say some stupid stuff about other people as as well, but denton is the one i decided i had to defend considering that what i had to say is correct and he deserves some credit every once in a while. i dont think i will ever understand why you guys say some of the things you say. sometimes i wonder what game you have watched. but on the other hand some of you seem to really know what you are talking about.

11. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Shut up Andy. You've already been kicked off once for being stupid.

12. sweeper5

sweeper5 New Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Crew practice schedule for tommorow:

9-10 AM slide tackles from behind.
    10-11 AM two-footed slide tackle with spikes up.
    11-12 noon: complaining to the referee everytime something does not work out.

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh boy...another freddy adu follower :rolleyes:

yup. clint mathis has arrived. as has donovan. let's follow adu.

8 out of 12 posts are on the youth national team forum.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=330503

reminds me of the sad twats that follow this basketball prodigy. lebron's already in the nba, so they follow this guy. he's expected to skip college and all..... and he's only 12 years old.

14. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was it - four days?

I was hoping that when he came back he'd decide to be a Quakes fan or something.

15. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    See that's why most Metro fans are stupid. They go on and on about Oughton's FAIR challenge, but only this twit mentions Martino's two footed tackle that was far worse then anything Oughton did to Gaven. That I might add should have been a booking, but wasn't. The fact of the matter is, Noel Kenney doesn't call a consistant game and he doesn't keep play flowing. I can live with bad calls on occation, as long as they are consistant with the way the ref has been calling the game, but Kenney doesn't have any rhyme or reason; he just blows the wistle out his ass like a three year old. He definately couldn't hold a candle to Alex Prus who, IMO, called the best game I've seen in MLS in a long time last week in the game against the Burn. S5 are you going to go on record and say Kenney called a good game last night? I'll await your reply.

OH....

Metro practice schedule for tommorow:

9-10 AM Hack and Dive Drills.
    10-11 AM Shirt Pulling Drills.
    11-12 noon: complaining to the referee everytime something does not work out.

16. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is this obvious troll still posting over here? Another Andy sock puppet?

17. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not as disappointed in the lack of shots as I am the reason why, in my opinion, they lacked a higher number of shots - I can't remember one dangerous cross put in by Columbus. The closest things to a dangerous cross were probably two consecutive offside calls (McBride and Buddle). As well as Hejduk played in the other five-sixths of the field he was fairly awful in the offensive sixth - crosses easily caught by Walker, two worm-burners from the 18. Watching players overlap, get the ball, head the endline and then play a weak cross isn't exactly awe-inspiring.

18. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm

No Grouchy, the poster likes the U-17s, and apparently someone criticizing Gaven hit a nerve.

Frankly, I was impressed with Gaven.