Official Metrohacks-Crew thread [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by CrewToon, Sep 15, 2003.

1. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Official Metrohacks-Crew pregame thread [R]

ABMOD and the rest of the thugs, erm, I mean Cabbies will be the Crew's most difficult test since club's change of fortune.

At least the Crew's replacement for Dunseth will be in the lineup finally.

2. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    Over/Under on the number of fouls called on the Cabbies' backline this Saturday - 0.

Buddle and McBride might as well bring out extra jerseys to hand out to Pope and Company.

3. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Re: Official Metrohacks-Crew pregame thread [R]

I wouldn't be so sure of that. This week will be his first full week of practice if he gets his visa worked out. I'm not sure he gets thrown in right away, at least as a starter.

4. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    barring any unforeseen midweek injury i doubt that we will be seeing saint mark until greg decides we need to bunker down after putting one by the johnny walker, purveyor of fine scotch and misguided youths everywhere.

5. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    Re: Official Metrohacks-Crew pregame thread [R]

It will be pretty embarrasing for the Crew when a bunch of thugs/hacks/cabbies beat them down....

if your gonna call it the "official" pregame thread at least of the respect of using the teams real names!

6. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Re: Re: Official Metrohacks-Crew pregame thread [R]

my father talked to him after the game on saturday night. he said his visa is sorted out and he could have played against dallas this past weekend but the decision was to wait until at the metroscum game. who knows if we will see him play but his visa is approved and he is looking forward to playing with the team according to the conversation he had with my dad...

go troll elsewhere...this is the "crew" forums "official" pre-game thread...you don't need to like it and we'll call your team whatever the hell we want.

7. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Williams has been training with them since Wed or Thurs, so I wouldn't say for certain he wouldn't start.

Is Cunningham back for this game? I can't remember if they said this game or the game against NE. Anyway, with Buddle playing so well, there's no reason to rush him back into the lineup. Although Cunningham has given the Metros fits all year. Coming in as a sub to get the winner, the game he sent a left footed shot passed Howard and Pope and Jolley basically had to rape him on the pitch just to keep him out of their box(too bad the ref let it happen), and the USOC game where he sliced their D apart for 3 assists. It be nice to have him for about 30'.

8. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I know, I know, statistics blah blah blah. MetroStars average about 16 (372/23) fouls per match while Columbus averages about 15 (358/23). MetroStars have five less cautions (46-41) and one more ejection (3-2) than Columbus. MetroStars might play a more physical style under Bradley than in previous years, but statistically Columbus "hacks" just as much.

MetroStars have one match in hand, so an away victory would be pretty huge.

9. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Official Metrohacks-Crew pregame thread [R]

And frankly, he should be thankful it wasn't something worse. "Hacks" is one of the kinder things they get called in these parts.

As for Williams, they've been saying all along that he would be ready to play on September 13. Since that date has come and gone, it isn't illogical to assume that, visa in place and ten days of practice under his belt, he could see some time.

Maybe not ready to go 90 though.

10. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Williams will start, Greg still wants to coddle him some more... Y'know, not throwing him to the wolves, letting him get used to the team so he can contribute in maybe one or two games before we hit the playoffs... :rolleyes:

Probably didn't play him in the Dallas match so his feelings wouldn't get hurt when all the teenieboppers booed him for sending their "Crew hottie" to Dallas for a not much more than a coupon for $.30 off Shake and Bake...

I'm sure the Mutts midfield and defense will bend over and subtly gang-rape our forwards and midfield and our defense will have their hands full with the rest of them. Will be a good match, for sure.

Fox Sports World is carrying it...
    Yay.
    Finally get to put the digital cable to good use.

11. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    maybe clark will pick up one of those mystery jeff agoos calf injuries. that would be nice.

12. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Re: Re: Official Metrohacks-Crew pregame thread [R]

Ok, let's see...

synonym for taxicab = hackney
    synonym for cabbie = hack

What's so disrespectful?

13. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Re: Re: Re: Official Metrohacks-Crew pregame thread [R]

So, are they playing the same cabbies in the back as they did in the Open Cup match?

14. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    The Crew playing the Metros in Jersey for a crucial late season game?

The chicken wire is going up in front of my TV and I'm nailing down heavy objects as we speak.

15. fluidsoccer

fluidsoccer New Member

Jun 4, 2003
    Chicago
    This going to be intense, certainly be some yelling at the TV; hopefully "thank yous" rather than "*@#*@#*@#*@# yous."

16. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I may just move straight to the industrial size Bombay for this.

This is the most excited I've been about a Crew game in a long time. The thing is, look at the last six weeks of our schedule. It's one massive contest after another! Trevor, you are gonna need some extra strength epoxy, or just weld the heavy objects to your floor. This is gonna be a lot of fun, or a fast track to the Betty Ford Clinic.

17. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    I was a candidate for this weekend. After the smackdown that Michigan layed on ND, I was in heavy celebration mode. I took it out on myself that night at an anniversary party. (Is there anything better than free beer?) And then suffered through the first quarter of the Leos getting ass raped by GB. I felt better after I watched my Crew on tape delay, hangover and all.

As far as locking down all heavy objects, there's this stuff called liquid metal. Damn near unbreakable. I might get that.

But if the Cabbies don't get a foul called on their backline the entire game, I'm ordering a hit on the official. Hell, I might peform it myself.

18. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    perhaps ABMOD will have another own-goal moment.

19. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Hmmm. This is interesting. The game is on tape delay for FSW accodring to their schedule....so if you don't have the shootout package, no live Crew this weekend.

20. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    That's fine, the game is at 10pm, not so late it's not worth watching. I'll be so busy celebrating the massive victory that Bowling Green State University are going to pull off this weekend, that I won't be bothered by accidently seeing the result.

21. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    That $49 investment in March once again pays dividends.

22. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, if I would have been there and he would have played, I would have booed him. Good call.

23. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    You would have booed Williams if he played? Just for stepping onto the field? My goodness, that's idiotic. Is this what working a checkout line does to the brain?

24. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I really wish I would have "attended" the Jim Smith chat and asked about this (although I'm sure it wouldn't get a straight answer). This piss-poor television package is frustrating, especially when compared to the solid packages of past years.

25. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I think cashiering as made my brain work for the better. . as for the booing. . Yes, I really do think I would have booed him. Not just him but Andrulis' decision to bring him on. Maybe if he does something for the squad, I won't boo in upcoming games, but for that match, I may have booed.