Official memos on USA/British complicity in Uzbek torture?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by DJPoopypants, Dec 29, 2005.

1. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Is it news that what appear to be official memos from the british ambassador are now leaked....and confirm US/British complicity in torturing suspects to gain 'terrorist' (cough cough) information?

http://www.chris-floyd.com/telegrams/

Is everybody cool with our CIA (MI6) eagerly lapping up the words of a few muslims boiled alive in a pot of water?

2. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    1. Chris-floyd.com ???

2. If the info saves lives, I have no problem using it. Just realize what it is, which I'm sure the CIA does (we can only hope, especially now). It's not like us using it causes more torture. Does it?

3. Assuming everything is on the up an up... why is this complicity?

4. How did you get so many nipples with only 400 or so posts? plastic surgery?

5. Do you have a cold?

6. Find some way to implicate Bush, and this might make the news. Or, at least some Dem senator will bring it up.

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "1. We receive intelligence obtained under torture from the Uzbek intelligence services, via the US. We should stop. It is bad information anyway. Tortured dupes are forced to sign up to confessions showing what the Uzbek government wants the US and UK to believe, that they and we are fighting the same war against terror."

I wonder why conservatives are so hot for torture?

4. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It reads to me that...

1) We didn't torture anyone. Someone else did
    2) It wasn't effective
    3) We shouldn't encourage it because it is wrong.

Am I missing something?

5. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Anyone in the UK can be prosecuted for posting these...but a few sites are posting them. Supposedly they are from the ambassador himself, disgusted over what has happened. And at losing his job. Whaddaya expect from a guy in a skirt?

[​IMG]

Next up - one problem is that the info is bogus. The head of Uzbekistan tortures people he doesn't like (as admitted by the US state department - 2004), but as long as we keep getting 'secret terrorist information', the US keeps its mouth shut and leans on other countries to do the same. the uzbeks have a perpetual interest in supplying us info, good or bad, obtained via torture or not. the only way to stop their behavior is to go cold turkey. Which we won't. which makes us complicit. And Rummy goes to shake the hand of another 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend', no matter how many graves there are, or cattle prods used.

You'd think we'd have learned a lesson or two?

6. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

or bad at reading?

7. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check the membership list at your local S&M club. :)

8. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who brought the alleged terrorists into Uzbekhistan? Were any there by way of "rendition"?

9. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Sounds like they were rendered alright.