Official Melbourne Victory Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Australian A-League' started by RED STRIPE MAGIC, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    i think the one thing carlos was shocked was the speed of our game. i don't think he expected the game in australia to be so quick. he expected our game to maybe as normal or slower then what he is used to back home.....

who knows he might oneday gp back home and be a much better player then he was when he left..............

2. DandyMick

DandyMick New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    I couldn't agree more.

3. msk06

msk06 New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Australia
    I was at the melb perth game 2nite and our ability to keep possesion was just atroucious! We were belted in midfield by the bottom team. Are we really that reliant on Kevin Muscat?

4. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He scored the first goal in their win over Perth -his first of the season.

http://newtwg.sbs.com.au/home/index.php?pid=st&cid=98053

5. Azzballz the Great

Azzballz the Great New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Sydney
    Geez, we needed that win eh!

Bout time that fatty-boy scored

6. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    hios not fat his just big boned

7. Feggs

Feggs New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Sydney
    I actually thought you guys played really well in the first half, Thompson was dominant and Keenan and Hernandez (Great Goal) both played excellently in the first half. Second half completely different story and i agree with you, i'd be interested to see the possession statistic because i think you guys would be luck to have got 35%. Too many long balls out of defence towards Alsopp who was pretty atrocious both halves that Perth easily picked off. Just really poor composure coming out of defence. Bar a half decent performance by Kaz Patfta i can see very few positives in the second half especially after you played so well in the first half.

8. Glory08

Glory08 Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    BTW How is Kaz Patafta going so far? Still just being subbed on late in games? I'm guessing he hasn't started yet?

Is he still impressing with his on the field play?

9. DandyMick

DandyMick New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    He hasn't put a foot wrong when he comes on, but is forever being played out of position in defensive stop-gap roles. He can't show his natural attacking instincts when used in such a fashion. I feel for the young fella, he deserves better.

10. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You can send him up our way then- we need a few players! ;)

11. msk06

msk06 New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Australia
    and a coach :D u can have merrick if u want lol

12. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    well we lost 2 - 0 and we actually played maybe our best game this season. we just could score against a solid rock defence just was driving me nuts last night. Carlos Hernandez PLAYED another great game tonite and just hard hard and hard all night. him and love are great players 2 have 2 bad both of them are loaned to us i wish the club owed them because they are stars. allsop i feel is having a crap season he is play worse then season one. this guy should be droped to the bench. we can't afford to play him when they is love on the bench who is able to run up and down the ground and play better football then him....

13. msk06

msk06 New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Australia
    It was our best game if your talking about possession and knocking the ball aroud the mid-field (instead of the old route. 1)

But what has happened to our ability to finish?!!?

The only save that the opp keeper had to make was from Caceras, who once again was subbed in with 7min to play, thanks to Merrick being a sheer f***ing tactical genius :rolleyes: (mind you a we did cause a defender to clear off the line in the first half)

Anyway, on another note, I heard on the radio after the match that the 'Blue and White Brigade' stayed after the match in level 3 to sing and chant in protest.

What was all that about and what were they protesting against?

14. il capitano

il capitano New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Re: A-League squad comings and goings

Hey everybody..... Who thinks Ernie Merrick should get the sack ??? he has brought Kaz patafta down from Portugal and doesn't eve n play him... He always put his mates on the team before the players with any skill.....(Daniel Allsopp)

15. il capitano

il capitano New Member

Oct 27, 2007
    In the second half Melbourne got out played by the last team in the comp. Is Kevin Muscat that big of a figure in the team? Has Ernie Merrick done anything usefull with the team since they belted adelaide 6-0 in the grand final. Was Fred Melbourne's backbone last year?? Was he the only player that knew wat he was doing?? I feel sorry for Fred for playing with others that didn't know wat they were doing. Maybe that's the other reason next to the money for him leaving.....

16. DandyMick

DandyMick New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Don't understand what you mean by the "last team in the comp." Newcastle are a good side. I think this game pointed out a few deficencies in Merricks starting line up;

Again, three defensive midfielders in a home game. We must attack at home.

Muscat is too slow for midfield, play him back and leave Ryall or Panta on the bench.

Broxham and Brebner to anchor midfield.

Allsopp should not be a certain starter. Love must start alongside Archie next match.

We need Kaz on the pitch for pace, playing behind the strikers, probably at the expense of Kemp. If he's not on the pitch, he must make the bench. We need more pace.

I'd just like to repeat that Danny Allsopp has screwed up more forward thrusts than any other player in our squad, and he cannot start next game. If he does I may listen more closely to the "get rid of Merrick" chorus.

And i'm still in shock that a fly kick to the back of Roddy's head in the box goes unpunished, as does a clear handball from Archie's flick-on. That's three clear penalties missed in two weeks. If outside the box they would be rewarded. The refs shouldn't handicap games due to our championship season last year. Sure, the grapes may be a bit sour. But if bias is bias, then lets call it bias.

17. Cesc_MVFC

Cesc_MVFC New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Melbourne, Aus
    [​IMG]

NEW DEFENDER FOR THE VICTORY

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/default.aspx?s=mvfc_newsdisplay&id=19963

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/default.aspx?s=mvfc_newsdisplay&id=19963

In the same article

18. Cesc_MVFC

Cesc_MVFC New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Melbourne, Aus
    Pantelidis suspended for three matches
    http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/default.aspx?s=mvfc_newsdisplay&id=19961

19. msk06

msk06 New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Australia
    If we remember back to last year Fred was suspended for three matches due to a high elbow on a Sydney FC player, it was similar to Pantelidis' but alot more clear cut and 'malicious'.

I guess the oficials have to be consistent but come on, 3 matches is harsh! Especially when both of the players were entangled while running at full speed, and Pantelidis looked as if he had his shirt tugged, most likely resulting in a free-kick to him anyway.

20. DandyMick

DandyMick New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Seems harsh to me too. This season hasn't handed any favours to the Victory, thats for sure. Anyone seen this Pace fella play?

21. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    well if he is as good as vargas well come on down. oue defence will be rock solid with 2 vargases on the pitch....

22. Cesc_MVFC

Cesc_MVFC New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Melbourne, Aus
    I havn't see Pace play but Victory always have good taste in defenders so he must be at least okay

23. msk06

msk06 New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Australia
    We'll just have to wait and see. They said he is fast and that's a good thing because we need speed (mind the pun). Haha, Steven Pace has got... PACE (sorry but I couldent resist) The northen end boys might want to consider it for a new chant :p

24. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Victory-star-duo-in-doubt/2007/11/01/1193619033930.html

25. Cesc_MVFC

Cesc_MVFC New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Melbourne, Aus
    We may get to see Pace sooner then expected