Official Melbourne Victory Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Australian A-League' started by RED STRIPE MAGIC, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    I feel that there should be a Thread about the Victory. since there is one for sydney on here why not Melbourne. Sydney are not the glamour club they think they are. They don't even attract enough fans to there games like the victory do. anyway enough of sydney i would like to start off this thread with

Melbourne Victory club song

Melbourne Victory supporters can now download the official Melbourne Victory club song by Jim Keays, Victory the Brave. Click on the link below to download the song.

Victory the Brave lyrics

Oh Melbourne, hear the sound of drumming
    Must be the Victory coming
    Pumped up and full of running
    Victory the brave

Blue, white and silver flying
    Strike like a flash of lightning
    Revved up and full of fighting
    Victory the brave

And in the heat of battle
    Stand up and show no fear
    Proud and courageous
    Marching on to Victory

Oh Melbourne, hear the sound of drumming
    Must be the Victory coming
    Pumped up and full of running
    Victory the brave

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/_content/audio/00000422-source.mp3

KNOW IT > THINK IT > REMEMBER IT AND LAST OF ALL > SING IT

2. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    How do i give this thread 5 stars?

3. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Good to see one start up- If all posters could refer to this before posting.

All I ask is unless there would be an absolute need for a seperate thread that all Melbourne stuff be contained in here- thanks!

:)

4. scottyD Man Utd redded

Feb 28, 2007
    Horsham
    Re: A-League squad comings and goings

archie thompson leaving

5. MVFC_Thompson

MVFC_Thompson New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Melbourne

source? Anyway i highly doubt that

6. scottyD Man Utd redded

Feb 28, 2007
    Horsham

TRUE. ernie merrick said hes putting him on the market and seeing how much money he will provide for the club. spanish and asian teams are looking at him

7. MVFC_Thompson

MVFC_Thompson New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Melbourne

and where did you find out this? I doubt ernie will put him on the market.

8. scottyD Man Utd redded

Feb 28, 2007
    Horsham

day after the final, on the news, not joking, probs not on the market but i know hes leaving if they get an offer

9. MVFC_Thompson

MVFC_Thompson New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Melbourne

Are you even from melbourne? or support melbourne? Well i dont think there will be any big offers.

10. scottyD Man Utd redded

Feb 28, 2007
    Horsham

i live in horsham 300 km west of melbourne in victoria and yer i support them. i herd him say it and it was in the paper bout it

11. MVFC_Thompson

MVFC_Thompson New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Melbourne

k, just wasn't sure, it says the teams you go for and it only says Man U and Real Madrid, anyway you heard that if theres an offer for Archie he will leave so you dont actually know if he's leaving

12. scottyD Man Utd redded

Feb 28, 2007
    Horsham

i like em but i frankly couldnt be putting anymore teams that night, los angeles galaxy, barca, aston villa, ac milan, roma, palermo, FC basel, Newells old boys, melbourne and probably everton

13. MVFC_Thompson

MVFC_Thompson New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Melbourne

Ljobo just talked on SBS can anyone youtube it?

14. scottyD Man Utd redded

Feb 28, 2007
    Horsham

whos tht

15. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia

scottyd manutd, please keep out of the melbourne victory thread. please go to man united or barcelonas thread or whatever.

your ignorance and noobness is annoying.

16. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    can't help but think that melbourne would have won the game if they slotted in instead of sydney fc yesterday playing in the champions league. sydney dont look fit towards the end and knowing how fit melbourne victory is towards the end of games i would of thought we could have won maybe 3 or 4 - 1 against the japan side. thoughts.

17. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think the main problem is that the Australian teams are not playing these games during the league season, and a lack of match fitness if showing, by both sides in Adelaide and Melbourne.

If Melbourne were playing during this comp I doubt that they would be any different. That being said Melb. can use this comp as a yardstick of where they need to be next year, and will hopefully be better prepared for the challenges that lie with playing in Asia in 2008.

18. M Lo

M Lo Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Sydney
    No chance.

Fred is playing for DC now.

19. Aussie_Boy

Aussie_Boy New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    The Cove
    No. I think Melbourne would have drawn asweel. Remember you have the hindsight of having watched them now but that other than 2-3 matches is all Sydney saw of them. Also Thompson and Muscat would propably have been sent off seeing how easily the Japanese were going down and that skirt Washington :p

20. MVFC_Thompson

MVFC_Thompson New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Melbourne

you said it!;)
    So he knows that Archie Thompson is leaving if they get an offer but he does not know who ljubo millicevic is!?!?!?!

21. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    Victory retains Championship trio for Version 3 and beyond

Melbourne Victory has made giant strides in retaining the bulk of its Hyundai A-League Premiership/Championship winning side, today announcing it had extended the contracts of Steve Pantelidis, Rodrigo Vargas and Leigh Broxham.

All three were part of Victory’s remarkable Grand Final triumph against Adelaide United in February, and the trio will now play a pivotal role in the club’s defence of its Hyundai A-League title.

Defenders Pantelidis and Vargas have signed new two-year deals, while exciting midfielder Broxham, fresh from recent Olympic Games qualifying matches with the Australian Qantas Under 23 side, has committed to Victory for another three years.

Victory coach Ernie Merrick was pleased to have secured the services of Pantelidis, Vargas and Broxham, who played a combined total of 49 matches in the 2006/07 season.

“All three players we’ve announced today are very determined and hard working individuals who provide the defensive strength we need from which to launch our fast paced attacking game. They probably don’t get as many plaudits as the guys at the pointy end like Danny Allsopp and Archie Thompson, but their value to our squad is just as important.

“Roddy was perhaps the find of the season last year, coming up through the Victorian Premier League and performing at a very high level all season.

“Panta (Pantelidis) has done a superb job for us in both seasons so far, playing a variety of roles in midfield and defense. His versatility is a terrific asset for our team.

“Leigh’s career has come on in leaps and bounds since debuting for us against Perth last season. He was called up to the Olympic team and has yet to put a foot wrong. For a player such as Leigh to commit to an A-League club for 3 years is a ringing endorsement of this league’s attractiveness as a legitimate career path for young players.”

Melbourne also confirmed that Vince Lia, James Robinson and Simon Storey had completed their contracts with the club, and would not be part of the squad in the upcoming Hyundai A-League 2007/08 season.

Merrick wished the departing players all the best and thanked them for their service to the club. Lia played 24 matches for the club, while Robinson will best be remembered for his winning goal against Adelaide in last season’s Major Semi Final.

“In James’ case, it is an issue with him being a visa player, so he can consider himself very unlucky,” Merrick said. “Vince is a quality player, who is currently doing really well with the national Under 23 side. He needs the opportunity to get more regular game time, so we’re happy to allow him to pursue another club.”

Storey opted to leave the club following Victory’s Championship success, following a lifelong ambition to travel overseas and live in the United Kingdom. He is hopeful of securing a spot on a roster overseas.

“In Simon’s case, it was a matter of him wanting to travel and try his luck in the UK, and we wish him all the very best in his future endeavors.” Merrick added.

Vargas, Broxham and Pantelidis will link with the rest of the Melbourne Victory squad, including new signings Ljubo Milicevic and Mitchell Langerak, for the commencement of pre-season training on Monday 2nd April before the Hyundai A-League Pre-Season Cup begins in July.

22. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    what, and there are no other freds?

we found one before, and we can find another one.. just as talented.

and we got ljubo now so we got a better defense.. and also leijer will have progressed alot last season and with a good preseason will do wonders for the young player.

Also getting Milos Lucic who will be the next young star in the a-league.

23. tfoz

tfoz Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Is that confirmed or just hopeful rumour? they should be looking at Paul Giannou as well because, let's face it, Giannou will either be at Victory in a year or so or be overseas with a decent club, so they may as well claim him now with Lujic and get transfer fees out of them when the eventually go

24. RED STRIPE MAGIC

Oct 20, 2006
    Melbourne
    who's Giannou is he from the vic league. what does anyone know about him

25. tfoz

tfoz Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Giannou is a 17 who was with Lujic in the ill-fated joey's campaign last year. Touted as a defender with a very bright future, there was talk of PSV being interested in him. He's at the VIS i think, not the AIS