Official LA-SJ Playoff Game 11/1 Roadtrip Thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by mitquinn, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to say that this bad treatment of fans by Earthquakes players is the first time I've ever seen or heard of anything like it. I'm sorry to hear that Noah Dahl, KMJVet and supersport were so badly victimized. :(

2. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't read that much into it. The guys weren't trying to slight us I'm sure. I know they appreciated our support. But how would you feel after a game like that? Seriously.

I pay for a game. I got a game. Anything else is a bonus. I'm higly appreciative of any recognition I get outside of the games. I also realize that these guys are just human with their own feelings and own lives that have nothing to do with the games. If it were me playing in that game, you all would have to give me tons of space! Cuz that must've sucked for those guys.

Like I said, with any other sports, we wouldn't have the access we have. So enjoy what you get while it lasts. We have some of the most gracious players in the league and in the world. Let's not go off on them for something so small after all they've done for us.

3. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Victimized is too strong a word. It's more that they've missed an important part of the storyline, so to speak. I'm sure there are plenty of politicians who'd like not to have knock on doors, kiss babies and run the rope line. I'm sure there are plenty of actors that get tired of always being recognized and always needing to be gracious. But it goes with the territory. I think the Quakes forgot an important part of what goes with territory and it annoys me because I see it as an area where 1) little gestures could breed a lot of good feeling, 2) there were a lot new people there and 3) I think the Quakes are in danger of being moved as a franchise if they don't getattendance up, which means their focus on fans needs to be really high, whether they're in a bad mood or a good mood.

I'm disappointed in them, but to call it anything else is an overstatement.

-KMJvet

4. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Victimized or slighted? Never, I love these guys. But, my relationship with them ends once they leave the pitch. I know they have to do loads of lame public appearances to promote the team and the league, but if they want to do something nice for the fans (especially the ones who travel) then do it on the pitch. Make fans glad they came out for the match, while they are there, not at "Shake with Quakes" or some lame shopping mall apperance. Connecting with the fans inside the stadium always seems way more cooler and heartfelt, then later after the match. And as SJQF said, "its a bonus", just like having a whole section of Quakes fans show up at HDC. Everybody loves a bonus!

5. porkrind

porkrind Member+

Quakes
    United States
    Sep 27, 2001
    Bostonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I have to agree with supersport here. Players don't owe us a damn thing after the game. I never feel entirely comfortable being around the players at parties, because I don't want to intrude on their private lives. Pro athletes have to live their lives in public enough as it is. Why make them do more? I'm perfectly happy to see the team work hard on the field and win games.

I don't want Jeff Agoos knocking on my door any more than he wants me knocking on his.

Besides, after the LA game, the only thing I wanted to do was get out of there. I'm sure the players were of a similar mind, and I don't blame them.

6. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still debating whether to go or not. If I do so, it'll be recon style. In and out. I just don't like staying in hotels. I hope whoever travels brings more luck than we did.

7. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Yeah, just what the players are probably thinking after realizing they had just pissed away the Supporter's Shield..."We better go over and clap for the group of traveling supporters!" :rolleyes: Cut the Quakes some slack, they're not the first team to walk straight off after a big loss without acknowledging their fans, and they won't be the last.

8. littau

littau Member

Jul 28, 1999
    37.3509 N 121.9371 W
    OK, I got my flight. Down in the afternoon and back the next morning. I didn't want to have to rush to the airport after the game.

Now I just need a hotel - and tickets to the game. Maybe we can get that set up today.

9. DouginSJ

DouginSJ New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    San Jose, CA USA
    I got through this whole thread still not knowing whether there's a decent number of fans going to this game.

I'm thinking of going, gonna bring a friend from up here and most likely two from down there, so that's four. Is there a group block of tickets or we fending for ourselves once we get there? If the latter, is there a section I should try to get our tickets in?

Someone PM me if there's any more info....

Gracias.

10. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, so here's the deal with game tickets.

I'm waiting to hear back from Pat at Club Quake for his contact in the ticket office. I am hoping that we will have enough people who want tickets in the same section that we can get a group rate through the ticket office.

If not, it's ticketmaster. The north end zone is not available on Ticketmaster, so we can either sit with the Galaxians in the south end zone, or order corner seats (section 116) at $30/ticket + $5 "convenience charge" per ticket + $unknown processing fee per order.

I'm thinking that if we have at least 10 people, it is better to get a block of 20 tickets at the group rate.

At this point, any tickets we order will be at will call, and probably we will need to meet at the will call office at the stadium to distribute tickets.

So, if you want in on the group rate (assuming it is possible) and will be able to meet at the will call prior to the game to pick up your tickets from the ticket-orderer (me) send me an email (billreeves@yahoo.com) or PM with how many tickets you want.

So far, I have me (1) and my parents (2, 3) and I know Karl will be there (4) so drop me a note and join the group.

-- Bill

11. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I just got off the phone with the Galaxy ticket rep.

We have 15 tickets in section 120 (north end zone, same section we were in last time). With the group rate, the tickets are $16 each. That is much much better than the $35+ on ticketmaster.

So I encourage you, if you are going to the game and want to be with other Quake fans, contact me and buy these tickets first so I don't eat them all.

If we need more than 15 tickets, we can get more, the guy in the ticket office was very helpful in that regard. But based on the demand here I don't know if we're going to pull it off.

Again, email billreeves@yahoo.com or PM me with how many tickets you want, we will arrange something at will call to get the tickets all distributed.

-- Bill

12. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BUMP.

Five tickets remain. Drop me a line if you are thinking about going. When you watch the game on TV, you'll wish you were there.

13. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I really will. :(

If I could afford to do it, I'd be there in a second. But I gotta save up for the Cup.

Make sure you have tons of fun and make lots of noise for our boys for those of us who are there in spirit.

14. chacarita

chacarita New Member

Jul 1, 2003
    Newport Beach
    !!!!!!1

Dude , I need a ticket. I just emailed you reeves. Hope that you get it

15. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: !!!!!!1

I haven't gotten the email yet, but I sent you a PM with details. Hope to see you on Saturday.

-- Bill

16. chacarita

chacarita New Member

Jul 1, 2003
    Newport Beach
    Got the message Reeves, Thanks!

17. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    road trip...there and back, same day....

need to be back for my final league match at 11am....

C'mon you Quakes!!

18. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    see ya all at the game. should be a great time!

19. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One more *bump*. Four tickets left (three if I convince my brother who lives down there to come along, but he'll probably root for the Galaxy).

We are going to murdalize the Galaxy down there. I'll be back here on BigSoccer on Tuesday, and I expect to hear a lot of "Hey billreeves, you were right, we should have gone to see our team crush the Galaxy and demoralize their fans and make the second leg meaningless." ;)

20. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am positive I will be able to say that. Make it come true, soccer gods.

21. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One more final *bump*.

Chacarita did some research and got some details on where you can find me to pick up your tickets:

SOUTH END of the stadium, by the fountain, that's where we'll be!

22. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Summary -- got a flat tire on the way to the game, but still got there in time. Good group of fans. First half was OK, second half sucked. You know the rest. See you next week!

23. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was great having a crew of Quakes fans there at the game. Wish it had been a better result.

We'll get them next week!

24. littau

littau Member

Jul 28, 1999
    37.3509 N 121.9371 W
    It was great to be there. I got to take all of my frustrations out on the Galaxy players in person. We were so close I could smell Ruiz' bad breath. I had a great time and didn't feel too bad about the result. I was upset for a little while, but by the time I had worked my way out of the post game traffic, I was ready for next week! Here's to seeing everyone out there on Sunday!

About the HDC, what a great place for the players and the fans! I want one. It reminded me in a small way of the stadiums in Korea last year, and those were the best I have ever seen or likely will ever see.

25. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, my God, what a nauseating thought. Rotten fish breath! About time the Quakes put a ton of Binaca down his throat. ;)