Official LA Galaxy @ DC United Post Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Asshole

2. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know you could write shit but not ********y

3. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    You claim to be a US fan, judging by your harsh words on money wasted to see the US lose. Yet you continuously bag on him and criticize him Stop getting on this guy's ass! Do you really think he wasn't trying out there!?

4. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    Well, he said he didn't want to play in Germany, he wanted to play in MLS. And he's doing exactly what he said....

5. United1

United1 Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Donovan deserves to hear it. He was pathetic in Germany.

6. Jester64

Jester64 Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Takoma Park
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back from the game - I didn't see the hand ball either (but the ref clearly called hand), so Erpen must have done something while laying on the ground. Seemed like a weak call. Then when Albright scored after the free kick (wasn't his shot deflected?) he went over to BB/SE area and gave a quick "take that." Given that he had already missed a one v one volley in the first half, I thought that was a bit tactless too. But the crowd clearly got the gals more energized that it did for United.

7. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he wasn't trying out there.

Tell you what. Get the fvkc out of this forum.

8. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Moron

9. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Agree completely. Esky is trying to do too much and is playing outside of his normal game. He's coming way too far back into midfield (and with that being a normal routine for Moreno, that leaves us with no options up top) and somehow he now thinks he is Marco Etcheverry. Except for the fact that he tries to dribble thru players and his thru passes are way overhit and often just fly over the endlines.

Esky more than anyone else on the team needs to get back to doing what he does best. Applying high pressure on defenders and getting on the end of passes from Moreno/Gomez/Adu and striking lasers.

10. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He quit at Leverkuasen and he quit on his teammates and millions of US fans in Germany.

11. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But he doesn't deserve to have things thrown at him.

12. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Fourth, if you count USA-Panama

13. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    For those interested, ESPN2 finally got through with the basketball game and switched over the Houston-Chivas, 6 minutes into the match.

14. Sinderella

Sinderella New Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Odenton, MD
    He taunted the La Norte after the game as well...he walked by and as some of the fans were cheering him with "Tino, Tino..." he held up his fingers and motioned 2 finger and than 5 fingers. 2 fingers and than 5 fingers all the way down in the dug out. Classless...glad he is gone.

15. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we got worked one more time by the Gals.

Donovan brought his "A" game and rubbed our noses in it. But, they are still in last place in the West (or next to last, I'm not sure about the standings after tonight's games) so as far as I'm concerned, he can have his little party and maybe Albright will give him a reacharound in the shower. Big deal.

I'm more concerned that we are, IMHO, on a slide at the wrong time of the season. We need to be ramping up our play, not getting jobbed by LD and the Gals.

I have two observations:

Gomez was pointing at the scoreboard and yelling as he walked off the pitch. I imagine the locker room was not a fun place after the match - nor should it be. This team needs to turn itself around.

Throwing bottles at players who just gave as good as they got is unsat. That is such a low-class move...it made me pissed to see it happen.

16. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get it. How is it that Landon Donovan can come to our home, take total control of the match, score twice and force the Namoff own goal, and thread gorgeous through balls that could/should have resulted in more scoring, and yet he is "despicable?" I wish we had someone who could put on a show like that.

Let's face it. LA is a different team under Yallop, they schooled us tonight, and we had better learn how to play them and every other team we have looked poor against over the past month or else our great record won't keep us from being embarrassed come playoff time.

17. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Players" taunting fans should be killed in the parking lot. Or on the field. Period.

That being said I am extremely upset at the DC United team that didn't show up at RFK today. The early goal was bad but we brought it back. When we gave up the second goal to start the second half I had a very bad feeling. We brought it back to 3-2 and we had the momentum then the ref gave that PK. That KILLED the game for DC U. After that you could see that the players were mentally defeated and once that happens there is no chance for bringing it back. Dont worry about the 5-2 scoreline. We could have clamped down and taken a 3-2 loss but we pushed foreward very hard and thats how the got the breaks that lead to the goals. At the end of the day Donovan and LA Galaxy are all sad c*nts and we are in first place.

18. roadkit

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's officially a trend. :D

19. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he was trying and that's why I bag him. He's quoted in the Washington Post today saying, "My world, I'm not on this Earth to go be in Europe and become the best soccer player in the world. My life is about being happy. I want to enjoy it, and I think I can balance all of that and still be a good soccer player." That's loser talk. I don't care if someone is talent-challenged so long as they provide a solid effort to the best of their abilities. I loved the effort that Dempsey and Olsen gave at the World Cup (Dempsey admittedly has the potential for greatness). However, Donovan is a better player and frankly, greatness is expected of those with great talent. Donovan is content to be a big fish in a small pond. Do you honestly think a Michael Jordan or an Emmitt Smith would be caught dead ever making quotes like the one I referenced?

20. dcuni_ted

dcuni_ted Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all have a sour taste in our mouth about Landon. He has not make any impact in any other game this year, and he desides to show up against DC.

21. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to string this out, but he came on as a sub in LA's last Open Cup match after Cornell Glen was injured and won the game.

22. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    Well, the good news is that we may get to keep Peter, since I think Yallop just zoomed by him in the Nats race. Nowak was clearly outcoached tonight. The team wasn't ready when the match started and they weren't ready at the start of the second half. Conversely, LA was fired up at the start of both halves. And what was up with that starting line-up? Face it, Nowak blew it tonight.

I feel badly for Mediate - you could tell from the replay that the leg/ankle was probably broken.

23. roadkit

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is classic. Nobody wanted to see us put the wood to the Gals more than me, but I have to tell you - if you think LD - or any player for that matter - is going to just walk away after all the stick we gave him for this game...you're crazy.

Oh, so you're pissed he "taunted" the fans after sticking our noses in it? Grow up. I suppose all the banners and chants mean nothing in this discussion.

The Gals are in last place in their Div - so he got a woody for showing us up. Big deal.

But I'll tell you what - if I had seen who threw the bottle, I wouldn't have thought twice about turning them in to the cops. That is total Bullsh*t.

24. kingsuperbee

kingsuperbee Member

Aug 8, 2005

It is obvious from the game tonight that tino has made an impact on the LA team. In 4 games they have won 3 and he has 2 big goals . Watching him play tonight in an LA uniform was tough but I thought he was just excited about playing again in DC. It was a bad night for dc fans, and we should not be blaming tino.

25. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    I blame Abbey.

(Sorry, force of habit.)