Official LA Galaxy @ DC United Post Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    The ball was shot into Namoff and deflected into the goal.

2. grumpydcu

grumpydcu Member

Jan 1, 2002
    MD
    That was a tough game to watch. LA was a much better team in all aspects of the game. DCU's level of play has been poor for too long not to be concerned.

The thing that really stood out was the pathetic passing. The worst by far was Esky. He really needs to be reintroduced to his teammates. Few of his passes found the target and when that is coupled to his insistance in trying to dribble through several players, which he can not do, I don't know why he wasn't yanked instead of Walker. Well, Walker wasn't much better so I guess it was a pick'um.

From what I saw, I don't think that DCU can match up with LA. Hopefully they won't see them in the USOC and playoffs.

3. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't rep you but your post is 100% correct. Exactly how I saw it. Christ I hate Landon Donovan. But our team let it happen.

4. dcuni_ted

dcuni_ted Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I felt like Esky was pushed to midfield, and wasn't able to go up top very much.

5. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was terrible in Germany. However, throwing things at him is absolutely unforgivable bullshit. The fan who did it is a total scumbag. I hope he got caught, and I hope he never sits foot in RFK Stadium again, and when Poplar Point gets built that he never is allowed to see a game there.

6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    What exactly did he do?

(He didn't kiss his badge Lisi-style, did he?)

7. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was the best defender we had out there tonight.

8. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    Not that bad, but still taunting. He came over motioning to the BB/SE as if questioning them why there was no noise now. It was very intentional, he made a bee line over to the supporters and started taunting.

Very dissapointing. I thought the fans were very positive toward him before the match and he was clearly fired up for the match. Then he goes and throws away any affection we may feel for him. Just another sour note on this night.

9. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He didn't do that but after the goal he ran right over and shook his fist at the barra. He didn't do much really and Yallop's substitution of Kirk for him was brilliant and got them the last goals. Gros was murdering Cobi so first Yallop switched Tino and Cobi and when that didn't really work he brought Kirk in.

11. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In all honesty I didn't see it. I was focusing on the LA player who actually scored. Evidently, Tino made a kind of "make some noise" gesture to the supporters sections. Whatever he did, it brought an instantaneous negative reaction from the supporters sections and as I said earlier, he had been received pretty warmly by the supporters before the game so whatever he did to incite the supporters was not provoked.

12. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    I agree. And that's sad because the first goal was mostly his fault. He totally whiffed on a ball that sent Cobi Jones in on a 1 on 1 with Perkins.

The defensive unit was just horrid tonight. Namoff and Simms had serious stinkers.

13. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas

Have you ever thought that maybe Donovan was nervous and had a ton of pressure from guys like you to perform in Germany?

Give the kid a break. It's nights like these where you realize that LD is great and can play to his potential when he is relaxed.

Note: This has nothing to do with bashing DC at all, mods. I'm writing this on here to defend Donovan, not LA or DC.

14. JLZ286

JLZ286 Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Ann Arbor
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it looks like our other dc football team is suffering also.

15. finalcountdn

finalcountdn New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    What are you talking about? Landon almost getting hit with the water bottle was the highlight of the evening (oh and also his yellow card). It took all my nerve not to run onto the field and beat the living pulp out of that tw@t, landycakes. Any respect shown towards him is despicable.

16. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    You're right, Simms wasn't bad, he was downright putrid. Twice he coughed up the ball and that led directly to two goals tonight. Worst game he's ever played. We wore black tonight Simms, if that helps any.

Erpen definitely redirected the free kick from Gomez.

Dom Mediate has a broken leg according to Nowak after the match. He also said that "this is a cold dose of reality for the team".

Too bad 24,100 people saw that crap performance.

17. United1

United1 Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Tina had a few nice passes in the first 10 minutes but was truly awful after that. He'll hurt his fingernail soon and won't do much from here on out. Trust me.

18. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He couldn't handle the pressure from the fans, is that what you're trying to say?

Then he should've told Arena "coach, I'm not ready for the World Cup."

He's not a kid, he's an adult. He sucked in World Cup 2006. Screw his potential in MLS.

19. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think after spending the kind of money I did to go to Germany that I give a shit what kind of pressure Donovan felt?:rolleyes:

20. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Oh by the way, if anyone is counting.....

That's now three straight losses to the Galaxatives at RFK with LA scoring a whopping 12 goals in those three games.

It's also the third two-goal game for Landycakes at RFK.

Yowza.

21. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're nuts. "Fans" that throw things at players should be banned. Forever. Period.

22. finalcountdn

finalcountdn New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Traitor

23. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a **********. Be comfortable? Do you think a professional should need to be comfortable to perform? That's the definition of a **********.

24. dcuni_ted

dcuni_ted Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Criticize him and his football, but don't take any sort of violence against him. I hate every inch of Landon Donavan, but hitting him with a bottle is being lower than Landon.

25. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Idiot.