Official LA Galaxy @ DC United Post Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    By the end of that match, I think that the loud side of the field was doing some carpet bombing with the F-bomb. It was like Dresden.

Speaking of bombs in Germany, what the hell was up with Landon? I agree with Publius that his desire to be comfortable rather than superior is disturbing. But, I also disagree with him never performing. It's been a while, but I think he did OK in World Cup 2002...

Ihemelu should have already received a second yellow before he should have received a second yellow for breaking Mediate's leg. The picture with the Post article shows it well. If Dempsey can be suspended for what he did, Ihemelu must be suspended.

The big problem is that the team wasn't a team. It's been that way for a few games. The passes that don't connect are often the fault of both the passer and the intended recipient. There have been a lot of balls played to where somebody was expected to run and didn't.

They seem to have more disagreement among them than the people posting in this forum. It's time for them (and us) to all get together on the same page and get back in the win column.

I think I also bear some responsibility for the loss. A recent flood in my basement resulted in the need for cleaning/repair/reorganization. So, I temporarily removed my DC United shrine so that I could clean the area. I am working diligently and expect to have it replaced in its full glory before the next game. Sorry. It won't happen again.

2. JoeW

JoeW New Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Okay--so now we know who the real culprit is. Everyone, negative rep Topo. Mods--where are the cards? I haven't seen a clearer case ever on these board of someone who deserves to be punished!

Well....okay, maybe we'll cut you some slack just this once. But you need to learn to put shrines on high ground. And we're expecting a really special replacement shrine to make up for your transgression this time.

3. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    10 Hail Marcos!

4. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    Gracias, padre, por tu bendición

5. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that's a relief.

I thought it was my fault for not being in North America, let alone RFK, for a United game.

6. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    Didn't say he was soft on the MLS level. I agree he's a good MLS player. I probably should have made that clear. I'm just replying to another poster's thoughts about his play in high-level international competition recently. Believe me...this is not sour grapes or bitterness. I've been calling Landon "puss boy" for about 2 years now (always when I'm watching US games). The easiest way for me to explain it is that, when I watch him, I feel like I'm watching a very-skilled, little boy play amongst men. Sorry, it's just the way I feel.

7. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    No worries; I actually agree with you - at the international level Donovan needs to grow a pair. Given that my favorite players are/were Donadoni, Davids, Puyol, and Gattuso, it should be plain that I like some bite to my soccer. That said, I have to admit there's a place for all the pretty-boy maestri.

(Being scythed down by my favorite players... :D )

8. JLZ286

JLZ286 Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Ann Arbor
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that I might have to take some of the blame too. On saturday some of my soccer hating family flew in for vacation. And where did they come from? yup you guessed it, LA.

9. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    I should point out that the second-minute sequence that led to Quaranta's shot off the post started when Donovan harassed three United players with the ball and finally got Namoff to cough it up. No, he didn't leave Namoff in a crumpled heap, but he won the ball.

Speaking of scything down players, did everyone see the Ihemelu suspension?
    http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20060829&content_id=70792&vkey=pr_mls&fext=.jsp

10. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  11. D.C. UNITED #1

D.C. UNITED #1 New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    MARYLAND
    SPOILER WARNING!!!!

Sure many of you already know, but LA has just lost To RSL, which keeps LA at the bottom, so the loss we suffered just got a lot less depleting!
    Hopefully we will win our next League match as FCd looks like they may win...

12. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    You don't have to say spoiler warning, there's an R in the subject line. ;)

13. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Check out the advertising banner above all the posts. We've mentioned "bottles" so many times they are advertising "Plastic Bottles", "Cheap Water Bottles" and "Discounted Sports Bottle".

Thx,

Jay!

14. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    That's google ads. It's sometimes clever and sometimes unfortunate. the ads that appear on Gmail pages apparently do the same thing, based on the content of your email. Scary, huh?

15. GWAIHIR

GWAIHIR New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Under Your Skin
    Ahh thanks my arachnid amigo...
    I may have to poach that avatar, I was at work today and one of my co-workers laughed at it's brilliance.

Riz, don't fry me for straying mildly off topic :)

16. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And with that, this thread has run its course. Let's all move along now.