Official Kit/Logo/Shield/Crest thread Part 1

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by alexp92, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Call me Ralph.

Call me Ralph. New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    New England
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: FL name, crest, and uniform ideas thread

Excellent idea. You could call your supporters group the Pink Flamingos and bring those plastic lawn ornament flamingos with you to games. :)

2. Call me Ralph.

Aug 27, 2008
    New England
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Absolutely. As much as people like playing around in Photoshop, I think it is safe to say we won't be seeing Florida flags or Miami flags or flamingos in the crest. The existing FCB crest is more than good enough, anyway. As long as "Miami" shows up in the crest that should be close enough. :)

3. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor

If you guys want to use it, I'd feel honored! :) I can make some more versions of it too, just tell me want you want it to look like.

4. Call me Ralph.

Aug 27, 2008
    New England
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Make the flamingo pink! :)

5. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor

Alright guys, here ya go!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor

And here's the crest with Miami's city flag colors... :)

[​IMG]

7. Call me Ralph.

Aug 27, 2008
    New England
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have this sudden urge to purchase and consume a large, fruity tropical drink of some kind. :)

8. SpaceAddict

SpaceAddict New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I have the sudden urge to purchase one of those pink lawn flamingos...

9. Call me Ralph.

Aug 27, 2008
    New England
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As per my suggestion up thread. :)

10. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor

Hehehe!! There was a subliminal message in one of my previous posts! :D

11. Call me Ralph.

Aug 27, 2008
    New England
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/soccer/story/725684.html

I'd be surprised it they chose anything but the existing blue and maroon stripes for their jerseys and anything but their existing FCB crest with the word Miami added to it. I'm perfectly fine with a heavily FCB branded MLS club in Miami, as long as the name "Miami" is what is emphasized in the club name. Something like "Miami FCB" would work.

12. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor

I'm fine with them getting an Barça look, but "Miami FCB" honestly sucks! It's worse than Chivas USA! The team should at least have its own identity to some extend. Make it FC Miami and let it be a partner club that has not "inferior to parent club" branded forever on its forehead. I actually can't grasp why this is something you could actually be pushing for. Why would MLS want to expand with a franchise which is doomed to be seen as a little subsidiary team to Barça forever? Because Chivas USA works so well and comes across so authentic and it not seen as a faux copycat team by everyone?!

13. Call me Ralph.

Aug 27, 2008
    New England
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Okay, FCB Miami then. :)
    Now you're talking crazy talk.
    That's why it should have "Miami" as the main component of the title. No one is going to care what the initials before or after the word "Miami" stand for, once they get used to the name.
    The USL's Miami FC might have an objection to that, and they were here first and we don't know yet that they are going to go away.
    Yeah good luck with that. As long as FC Barcelona is paying the bills, it will be an "inferior to parent club" and not a "partner club" and it's silly to pretend otherwise or think that some marketing gimmick is going to change that fact. As long as there is acknowledgment of the Miami identity as the overwhelmingly central component in the club name, that should be enough.
    I'm not really pushing for it, I'll be happy with most anything they chose (well, I won't be happy with Barcelona USA, but I think that's very unlikely) but I simply don't see how taking your name from the parent club's name, when you don't even play in the same continent, makes the club inferior and not worth supporting.
    The Chivas USA name makes no reference to the community it is in; it is/was only marketed to Mexicans, and for every Mexican who is a Chivas fan, there are many more fans of other Mexican teams who hate Chivas. That simply is not comparable situation to FC Barcelona; we don't have large concentrations of Spanish fans in Miami who are fans of other Spanish clubs and who thus hate FC Barcelona! We do have large numbers of fans who are in fact already favorably disposed towards FC Barcelona even if they aren't actually fans of FC Barcelona. It's simply not logical to compare the Chivas USA situation to the FC Barca/MLS in Miami situation. They are not comparable.

Besides we are forgetting some basic facts of marketing. If the new MLS club in Miami is called Miami XYC, or ABC Miami, or whatever, 99% of the fans are not going to know and/or care what those three letters stand for. The only people who are going to care are people who post on Big Soccer who worry too much about "credibility" or "authenticity" or things like that, and there simply aren't that many of them - they can create an echo chamber effect on places like Big Soccer, but they aren't going to keep fans from coming to games. This simply isn't an issue that's going to matter to the vast majority of fans.

Seriously, I'm just throwing out ideas here but I've seen some of the ideas being suggested for Miami's new MLS club name, in other discussion forums, and the vast majority of them are absolutely horrible. At least FCB Miami, or Miami FCB, is simple and to the point. If they can swing FC Miami or Miami FC without running into trouble with the USL, that's fine, too, but the addition or absence of the letter "B" is not going to change the long term credibility or viability of the new club.

I'm fine with FC Miami if there are no legal or other hurdles with the USL. Garber may not like it because we already have FC Dallas; and at least FCB Miami is sufficiently different from FC Dallas that it gives a little variety to MLS club names. I'm fine with FC Miami; I just simply don't agree that the addition of that one little letter "B" will somehow ruin the entire MLS franchise in Miami.

14. Ultravolta

Ultravolta New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Dancefloor

Well, there's a lot to answer to, but I'll try to stick to my main concern:

"Futbol Club Barcelona Miami" and "Miami Futbol Club Barcelona" both are incredibly absurd names! Sorry, but its true! And abbreviating does not change the absurdity. Give the team a name that provides the possibility to make a name for itself. Give it a chance to establish its own history and reputation! And if it's FC Miami or Miami FC or whatever I don't care - just not Barça USA!

15. Call me Ralph.

Aug 27, 2008
    New England
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Right, because they could never include the word "de" in there, anywhere, or insert other words not included in the abbreviation. My high school Spanish is almost completey forgotten, so I'll pass on deciding what is "absurd" right now, but I'll trust some native Spanish speakers (ie, FC Barcelona) to come up with a non-absurd name.

As for "absurd" names, that's entirely in the eye of the beholder, as any fan of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim can tell you! :D
    Right, because the inclusion of the word "Barcelona" or the initial "B" will always and forever prevent the possibility of the team to make a name for itself. :rolleyes:
    That's what's going to happen no matter what the team is called.
    No one in this discussion is suggesting Barca USA.

Seriously, dude, chill out. It was just one idea I was throwing out there. I would be thrilled with the name FC Miami. I just don't think it's worthwhile to throw a hissy fit if the word "Barcelona" or the letter "B" got sneaked into the official club name, somehow. After all FCB are the ones paying the bills.

Unfortunately we are going to see hundreds of people like you making these kinds of comments on Big Soccer and across the blogosphere, until the name is chosen (and long after, no doubt). I'm probably going to avoid these forums once the topic starts to hit critical mass, because I can't deal with all of these "oh noes! Chivas USA all over again!" comments that are inevitably going to rain down on us for the next couple of years.:p

If it makes you feel better, I do think the fact that this is not a 100% FC Barca franchise bid means the inclusion of the Barcelona name is less likely. Marcelo Claure will probably be pushing for a name like FC Miami, since he's a co-owner and lives in Miami, and they'll chose that name, or something like it (I'm just guessing here of course) but keep everything else (colors, uniform, badge, etc) close to the FCB "mother ship" design.

However, FCB is still paying most of the bills so you folks really need to face facts and not start throwing temper tantrums at the mere idea of Barcelona using its own money to promote its own brand.

16. Miami_Soccer

Miami_Soccer New Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Miami FL

I would like to see the team finds its own identity, but lets face it guys the name does not mean a thing. Does Real Salt Lake look cool now that they have thier own stadium and they are playing like a playoff team.

17. Call me Ralph.

Aug 27, 2008
    New England
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Real Salt Lake is another example where a lot of people squawked about it on Big Soccer, but in the end it didn't matter. RSL is doing fine. RSL will find their own identity; their fans will find it for them. I call 'em the "Brine Shrimp" myself.

Heck even Chivas USA will find its own identity, given enough passage of time to create some history. Of course, moving to their own stadium and marketing to people besides just Mexicans couldn't hurt, too. In the end the name won't matter so much.

All will be well! :)

18. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yep. So long as they don't give the team a nickname(Strikers, Fusion, etc... unlikely), within a few years the fans will establish one for the team, and soon enough that will become as big a part, if not bigger, than anything else.

19. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WE SHOULD HAVE OUR OWN IDENTITY LIKE

-Deportivo Miami!!

20. Osgood1978

Osgood1978 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Amelia Island, Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So we as in miami it is Florida it is now we have 2 investors F.C. Barcelona and the owner of F.C. Bolivar. What would make you think it would not be F.C MIAMI? There is no rowdies or fusion or mutiny unless the fan club is named that.

21. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My money's on FC Miami. It's not going to be anything without 'FC' before it, to make it sound like FC Barcelona(also FC Bolivar). I think FCB Miami is a distinct possibility as well, if they really want to push the Barça angle to the max without it sounding ridiculous. Since it is a partnership with a big local investor, I doubt Barca will be able to push a stupid name like "Barca USA" or something of that sort that everyone outside of Miami seems convinced it will be if this happens. Mark my words, this will not be Chivas USA 2.0!

I love the possibilities of Deportivo Miami, CD Miami, Atletico Miami, AC Miami, any of them, and I'd also welcome the return of the Fusion or Strikers names. However since FCB is the driving force, it will no doubt be "FC(B?) something(probably Miami)", which is fine by me as long as they deliver MLS.

22. Call me Ralph.

Aug 27, 2008
    New England
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, the more that I think about it and consider the influence of MLS Miami co-owner Marcelo Claure (owner/president/whatever of FC Bolivar), the more the FC Miami name makes sense.

FC Barcelona + FC Bolivar/Miami = FC Miami

That's my hunch anyway. Not much point speculating, but I guess we don't have much else to talk about until the expansion slots are awarded by MLS! :)

23. Osgood1978

Osgood1978 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Amelia Island, Florida
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When I watched the President of the MLS talking about allthe Cities and Miami came up all he was talking about was FC Barca. I just hope they can get a Stadium deal done and it is a gimme. I think if FCB was in the Studio he would have goton his knees for them it was pretty funny.
    FCB Miami does sound pretty good it could be for Barca or Bolivar.

24. futbolitico87

futbolitico87 Member

May 11, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Im fine if they call FC Miami just as long they dont call you guys FC Barcelona of Miami. Its ridicules if that happens. There are some teams have the same colors of another team but is because they were influenced by there kit colors. Names come in different manners. Football Club of Miami_sounds catchy and professional.

25. futbolitico87

futbolitico87 Member

May 11, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

NO dont call it that way that is just calling a city that is on the other side of the world. Miami should be FC Miami NO barca or Bolivar in the teams name. Barca is for Spain and Bolivar is for Bolivia. Miami for Florida.
    Originality and uniqueness are key to a teams identity.
    I aint no hater but I do hate how MLS name there teams.