Official KC Comets thread (WARNING: Results included!!)

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by joseph pakovits, Oct 15, 2002.

1. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Wow, the Comets have had a rough start to the season.

I was in KC to see Comets v. Wave and the Comets simply got their ass handed to them. It didn't help that their two best scorers were sitting out red card suspensions.

The home side was disorganized, unco-ordinated and ineffective - and that was just the cheerleaders!

Seriously, though, it didn't help KC's cause that Bowles was a complete sieve while the Wave keeper was an impenetrable wall. This was the main difference in the game. I swear, I should try out for the Comets keeper spot because I couldn't have done any worse than Bowles.

2. Farrell Fan

Farrell Fan New Member

Aug 20, 2000
    scenic Gladstone, MO
    Agreed on all counts.

Looks like the Comets are stuck with Bowes until Ceccarelli gets his visa approved or whatever, and who knows when that will be.

Tomorrow's game against the Sockers can't be any worse than the one against the Wave. If only we can do something about the dance team...

3. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    You can start with that "Cometia" or whatever who signs that song before the game. That made my ears hurt.

At least they'll probably have their programs available for this game. I had to go home without one because their printer didn't deliver on time. The Comets ticket sales guy I talked to wasn't too happy about that.

4. Farrell Fan

Farrell Fan New Member

Aug 20, 2000
    scenic Gladstone, MO
    Still have Cometia, and still no roster cards.

Yeah, there's the game day programs with the Comets in it, but how are we supposed to know who the other team is? Maybe next game, eh?

(Oh, and maybe the Comets will win the next game, too, they got a little closer last night!)

5. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    But their not good enough to beat the Sockers!! HAHAHAHA!!! :D

6. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    What is wrong with the Comets? 0-3? what a disaster.

Is it just the sieve goalkeeper or what? I an see losing to Milwaukee (especially when the Comets were missing Nino and Dino) as they're the favorites to win the whole enchilada.

7. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    what happened to Chris Damico? the guy wasnt horrible...

8. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    It didn't help that KC's #2 keeper played as the #1 had visa issues I believe. In Game 1 you have to expect a loss as Milwaukee doesn't lose at home. Game 3, according to articles, was a situation where KC outplayed SD and was partially a victim of bad luck.

You have to nod your head to the bad luck and the superior play of Milwaukee. The Comets are on the road for 7 or 8 with the American Royal being in Kemper. Once again KS should be mired in the basement of the West to start the season. Probably 2-8 or 3-7 by the time they come home to play. 3-7 might be good enough for a six game hole.

If you look at it like golf it works out this way. At MIL is a tough hole. Losing with the ejections is a bogey. Still steaming (due to suspensions) after the bogey KC picks up another to go 2 over par. Game 3 is a par equivalent to a lipped out putt. Every team will have a bit of this. KC is 2 over after 3. Most teams will pick up losses in those situations. KC just needs to find a way to pick up some birdies on other holes. Unlike golf, KC can do something about MIL's play. There are 4 other games v MIL yet to play. The cream will rise over 40 games.

9. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    When I was sitting there watching Bowes almost singlehandedly lose the game for KC while Quinn just sat there, I thought "This Quinn guy must REALLY suck if the coach isn't putting him in there to at least try something different.".

Anyway, I take it Paolo C. is the #1 keeper, right?

The Wave were a well oiled machine. I tip them to wi it all this year if they stay healthy.

I was noticing that they're schedule looked muighty odd with so many multi-game home stands and road trips when everynoe else was pretty much "home then away then home again".

When does Paolo C. return? Any word on his visa problem?

10. Farrell Fan

Farrell Fan New Member

Aug 20, 2000
    scenic Gladstone, MO
    Ceccerelli is back and was in goal for the Comets win on Friday night in Baltimore. Unfortunately, he got hurt in the last part of the game and isn't in goal tonight. As I type, the Comets are losing 15-10 in the 4th quarter. Bowes is in goal. (Blair Quinn's 10 day contract expired early this week and was not renewed.)

11. Farrell Fan

Farrell Fan New Member

Aug 20, 2000
    scenic Gladstone, MO
    Damico didn't sign because of "financial reasons"--i.e. not offered enough money.

12. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    dont go beyond here if you dont wanna know the results of the comets-heat game

I just looked on the Comets and Heat site...the Comets WON 15-10...

13. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    After a nightmare start to the season, it looks like the Comets are back on track, winning three on the trot includibng beating mighty Milwaukee up where they brew Blatz.

Is Paolo the difference?