Official Kansas Wizards @ DC United POST Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel le Rouge

Daniel le Rouge New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    under a bridge
    What a lot of the Kansas City fans fail to realize is that there's actual gambling going on here.

We, as DC fans, have a regular pool every time we play Kansas City. Somebody posts on the DCU Board that Kansas City played pack-and-counter, regardless of outcome, result or reality, and we sit back and wait for the first Whizzers fan to come on and whine about our statement.

I've never actually won the pool, but I'm given to understand that the last winner was found drunk and naked outside a Las Vegas brothel three days later, so make of that what you will.

I don't actually have a problem with drawing comparisons between now and 2000, and saying the Whizzers aren't as negative--that's clearly true. What I always have had, still have, and probably always will have a problem with is the notion that because they are less negative than before, the Whizzers have somehow morphed into a possession team that only plays negatively on TV.

You want an idea what a possession team looks like? Check the DCU-Crew game from a little while ago. 41 straight passes is possession. Come back when you string ten together.

Until then, remember that these are our boards, and you are guests here. We just make fun of you, we don't actually delete your posts or suspend your privileges. Things could be worse, you know.

2. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    We beat the Crew in their place 4-0. Big deal. Come back when you beat somebody 4-0. Try 3-0 even. I'll just keep making fun of you on my boards -- where the neg rep still happens to come.

3. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It comes from here, too. Happy to oblige.

4. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Oh I know. I wouldn't call us a possession team either. I just think basing any sort of success on stringing passes together is rediculous. Put it in the back of the net.

5. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One ironic thing is that I remember having the same bunker bob discussion with several whiz fans after the 2000 MLS CUP. These fans now admit they were a bunkering team back then.

Shifting forward a couple of years will we find Houston fans (or wherever) admitting that they were a bunkering team in 2004?

If you are sooooo sensitive about it, it must be true.

GM

6. Daniel le Rouge

Daniel le Rouge New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    under a bridge
    You were saying?

7. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Congratulations. Seems like your team showed some fire tonight. We hopefully will continue the East's dominance tomorrow against RSL.